What Stops You From Snacking?

Options

Replies

• denbeck2
    Options
    I think drinking more water helps and drinking the right kind of water helps more...I drink Kangen Alkaline water which is better for you...I also save room in my plan for the day for a couple of snacks...Getting a snack gives you something to look forward to.....
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I chew on gum while at work to help a bit. or if Im home and find im bored and thinking of food. I do something that makes it so im not thiinking about food.
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Nothing stops me. I eat snacks. Eat smaller portions and more vegitables during main meals.
  • cadillaccowboy
    cadillaccowboy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    when I feel like snacking I get off my bum, go on my pc and read all the success stories on here! However I always make sure I have some low calorie healthy snacks in the cupboard that I can raid without feeling too guilty!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    arthur said, "She'd have to be an awfully big woman."

[on a real note I'm trying to munch on trader joe's freeze dried fruit instead of pretzels]
  • FinFoxPT
    FinFoxPT Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    5 Htp- 100mg at night. It's a herbal suppliment with quite a range of positive studies. It does help me feel more full.

Fin x
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    i stay out the kitchen and away from the fridge!!!

also shaking my head left to right when asked if i want any sweets works. xxx
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Not being hungry?????????? The paleo has worked for me........ Also I find if I drink about 4+ pints of water a day more if training that helps xxxxxx

Personally I think it is a habit that needs to be broken xx
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    My big 1/2 litre mug of herbal tea. I'm drinking camomile now to stop myself snacking pre-lunch.
  • Hanni
    Hanni Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I include snacks in my calorie allowance.
    Sometimes it is a bar, sometimes its nuts or a piece of cheese or fruit.

For example, today I have an atkins bar and I broke it in half.

I had one half mid morning and I will have the second half mid afternoon. That works really well for me.
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    Decent, wholesome meals (not usually 'diet ' meals either, but hearty home cooking) and loads and loads of water inbetween times.
    And if I do fancy a snack, I have it - it's just incentive to do a little extra exercise if I hadn't already factored it in to the day :D
  • childofbodom123
    childofbodom123 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes are low in calories, put a nice snack worthy topping on, like peanut butter! Much better than eating stuff like chocolate!
  • emawbey
    emawbey Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    If I want to snack coz I am bored and not because I am hungry I go brush my teeth so nothing tastes good!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I don't stop snacking. I'm a grazer and I eat all day long. I just eat veggie chips instead of doritos; greek yogurt instead of ice cream; grapes instead of jujubes.
  • jenna_laurelle
    jenna_laurelle Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    im a horrible night time snacker. what stops me? SEX. i grab my boy friend and head to the bedroom!

it makes me realize i was just bored or tired... and makes me feel good and want to look even better!
  • Loserbabe2012
    Options
    nothing... i purposely a lot enough calories where i can have snack :p
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Nothing. My life is snacking! HA!

I eat 4 times during the hours of 8am-2pm. I guess you could consider that I eat a very small breakfast and lunch, but I consider it 4 small "snack" meals. Example - oatmeal for breakfast - apple at 10am - veggies & dip and crackers at noon, 100 cal popcorn at 2pm

Then I am not feeling hungry at all during the day. Just what works for me!
  • BrownEyedGiRL928
    BrownEyedGiRL928 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Having planned snacks is good. If you eat a healthy snack between breakfast and lunch, and lunch and dinner, it'll help to keep your metabolism going. But I drink lots of water w/ Crystal Light to try to curb myself from over-snacking.
  • ahyland1
    ahyland1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    In all reality, most of my meals feel like a snack. I eat breakfast at 0800 which is usually a banana and a cereal bar, or oat meal on most days. Then at 10:00 a.m. I have fresh fruit, cucumbers, or a cereal bar if I ate oatmeal for breakfast, then 1230 I have lunch with high protein, then at 1500 I have a fiber one chocolate brownie or fresh veggies then when I get home from work I feel like I've pretty much eaten all day long and don't have much of an appetite, but I'll usually go for something small and high in protein or a meal replacement shake along with my daily vitamins before bed. :)
  • ccadroz93
    ccadroz93 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I reserve one day a week to eat whatever I want, however much I want. When I jones for something I put it on my list to eat on my whatever day. Knowing I have the option to eat it later, stops me from blowing my food plan. 9 times out of 10 when I get to my whatever day I don't want whatever it was anyway!!