Never realized how many Calories...

Options
I just joined this site last fall, but I just started getting serious this past week. So far this week I believe I've been doing well on what I've eaten. But today, I had 2 of those pilsbury ready-to-bake sugar cookies-the valentine's ones. I never realized how much calories and sugar are in them! 2 cookies (1 serving) is 120 calories. Before I got serious about dieting I bet I would eat 6 or 7 at a time. That's roughly 360+ calories. Are there any foods that you used to eat a lot of before you realized how many calories were in them?

Replies

• yocherries
    Options
    Moe's nachos. 1500 calories. holy ****.
  • healthylife1001
    Options
    mcflurrys....from mcdonalds....i used to eat one every other day...the large size one...and french fries.
    I let myself have if I'm really craving it but man those two things are tough to resist.
  • spacey1968
    Options
    old fashioned glazed doughnuts!! 450+ calories each! I'd eat two of them at least once a week! yikes!
  • phillips529
    phillips529 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I too am realizing how much calories I really do consume. I recently joined this site with the intentions to be real with myself and constantly step out of my comfort zone. Wow what a wake up call. Now I can see why the weight kept lingering...it's the sugar its processed in everything....
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    (2) rows of oreo's alternately with pretzels.....................still don't know how many calories that is, but don't keep any of that around me any more.
  • TaraMKL
    TaraMKL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. Sounds dumb but I didn't think it was THAT bad.
    Tortillas, too.
  • GirlAnachronismE
    GirlAnachronismE Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Burger King Whopper Cheese meal. I knew it was a lot, but my god, didn't realise it was that much!
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Fancy coffee drink. You can cram a lot of calories in those lol
  • hellonheels88
    hellonheels88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Girl Scout Cookies.....2 Caramel Delights are 140 calories....on the flight to Basic Training I ate two whole boxes.... :-D
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Starbucks...Basically anything with full fat milk and sugar was fine with me. Now I do custom order so I can make it lower cal.

Also Krispy Kreme doughnuts the kreme filled ones with chocolate on the top.

And Zaxbys chicken plates, basically my days worth of calories in one sitting.
  • Zarebeth
    Zarebeth Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    How many of us have gone to an Italian restaurant that had those yummy breadsticks, and finished the bowl and asked for more? I just found out today after eating one with my salad before looking it up. Holy Schnikes! 170 calories EACH! And I used to eat 3 or 4 with dinner. Got me off my butt and dancing tonight so I could have enough calories for dinner.
  • FarmerNikki
    Options
    Reese's peanut butter cups, my husband surprised me with a 4 pack and when I realized how crazy high in calories they are I stuck it in the freezer and ate them over the course of 4 days
  • zasiiniya
    zasiiniya Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Pringles - 900 cal for a tube, and I'd eat that in 2-3 days.
    Cookie dough (nestle premade) has 90 calories per cookie, and I'd just sit down and eat 4 or more at once. (You're not supposed to eat raw dough, but that wasn't my concern.)

Juice too! You think, "Oh, juice is healthy!" but even if it is, it's almost never low calorie.
  • ashleynicol3
    ashleynicol3 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Chipotle burrito with extra rice and all that sour cream and cheese.. YUM LOL

Also, like 5+ Reese's pb eggs in one sitting, plus a bag of hot fries.

Everything I used to eat was really bad for you and I used to eat it all the time and lots of it.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING! My portions were totally out of control!
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Dairy queen's large brownie batter blizzard... 1360 cals... MIND BOGGLING. I must have had it at least 2-3 times a week, for dessert. This is on top of other absurdly oversized and unhealthy meals throughout the day. Just astounds me to think sometimes!
  • inetgirl
    inetgirl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    McDonalds Frappe Mocha, Hash brown, and egg mcmuffin total of 900 calories and I would eat it just about every morning.. :(
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Girl Scout Cookies.....2 Caramel Delights are 140 calories....on the flight to Basic Training I ate two whole boxes.... :-D

Being a cookie mom, having 800+ boxes in my house at any given time during the month of February, I feel for you. I HAVE to leave room in my diary for them or I'll go insane.
  • amykathleen2005
    amykathleen2005 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Anything at Applebee's!!! Practically the whole menu is over 1,000 cals.
  • LHAMON2009
    Options
    My husband and I use to eat spagetti atleast 1-2 times per week mainly because it is cheap. But HOLY MOLY that is a lot of calories I never realized. Needless to say I do not make that anymore unless I plan on working on 4 times as much as usual lol