Never going to give up !!!!! challenge

Options

Replies

• elimay59
    elimay59 Posts: 471
    Options
    I survived whew that was stressfull. I felt sorry for my self the rest of the day and self medicated with food :grumble: Oh well so i will work hard to get all goals tommorow ,even water !!!!!!!

Hawkeye that is a crazy amount of driving :noway: Good job on always getting your workout in !!!
    Thank you clover !!! You had anouther good day !!!!!!

Welcome sammy packs :flowerforyou:

See you all tommorow :wink:
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    It's the weekend!!!!

Wasn't quite as active yesterday as I had planned, but still managed to workout and walk. Did the push-ups, omg that was tough.

I've just done my Wii workout for the morning, plan to walk to the shops in a little while (about an hour there and back) and then I shall do C25K later. Among all this I have the housework to do, so busy day.

Good work everyone - keep it up!!
  • DeeBear
    DeeBear Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING NEVER GIVE UP CHALLENGERS!!! YAY it is the weekend. However I have to work this morning. Then I am going to the movie "Extremely loud, incredibly close" or something like that with Tom Hanks. I simply love that man!!! Will probably have to indulge in some popcorn!!! Will try to keep it at a minimum though.
    YOU ARE ALL DOING A GREAT JOB!!
    Tired of the cold. This morning it was -6 with -22 wind chill. BRRRRR!!!! I do not like the cold.
    See you all tonight.
    Have a GREAT day everyone!!!!
  • lala26105
    Options
    i will def try it!!!!!
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Good morning all

Goal check: log and budget - yes - Usually in red, but still within the 500 calorie buffer zone.
    aerobic exercise - no
    strength - yes - push-ups baby! Divided into three sets throughout the day - 15, 15, 20 - modified
    housework - yes, vaccuum
    procrastination list - no

Welcome Lala. DeeBear I always have popcorn at the movie, no butter though. Springs around the corner, it will warm up soon. Elimay, hope you've got all the dental work behind you now. Sammylc you're doing good. Hawkeye, you're amazing.
  • PennyChallenge
    Options
    Hey ladies I'm still pushing but have been busy and very sore and sick today. I will check in tomorrow hitting the bed after my chamomile tea. I did push ups 5 sets of 10 Friday! Monday challenge yet? How about Jack knife? Great an workout!

Promise to write more tomorrow.
  • elimay59
    Options
    Hello girls :happy: I had an awesome day today, very productive. I didnt eat well tonight we had a party it was a pinewood derby party sooooo much fun all ages from the different congregations in town it was so nice to see everyone and hang out I called my car a GLAMborginie : > it was brite silver with crystal decor. It won the first race !!!!! woooo hooo but that was it. anyway felt pretty good today.
    Penny feel better :flowerforyou: you just take care of yourself no worries . jack knife I will see if I can do that :wink: thank you :bigsmile:
    Good job clover!!!!! isnt it crazy that it is almost spring wow. nope I still have lots of work to do it as just a quik fix for my hurting tooth : / oh well, I will survive .
    Welcome lala :flowerforyou:
    Have fun at the movie DeeBear:wink:
    Hey sammy good job on workout
  • clover5
    Options
    Good morning friends

Goal check:
    log calories - yes
    in budget - no - I was well over calories yesterday. I ususlly blame "something in the water," but must be because of global warming since many of us had problem yesterday.
    aerobic exercise - yes - walk dog
    strength - yes - I found a no crunch ab and arm routine that I did while watching TV last night.
    housework - no -weekends off

Penny hope you are well soon. Jack knife Monday is ok.
    I'm back to wearing my pedometer again and joined a step count group. I don't record any exercise in my diary for it. I consider it part of my basal metabolism, but it seems to make a difference in my results.
  • clover5
    Options
    What exercise equipment do you have at home?

I have dumbbells - 3,5,8 lb sets, ankle weights, jump rope, dvd's, and treadmill.
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Jack knife?? Will have to google that in a minute.

Have felt a bit crap today, my weight has gone back to what I started at. But I've tried to not let it bother me too much, I've exercised today and eaten well (mostly). Feel lethargic and bloated tonight, can't wait to go to bed and start all over again tomorrow.

Goals
    exercised - yes
    under cals- yes
    C25K - yes - I repeated Week 5 Day 2 and found it much less of a struggle. That session was 2 lots of 8 minutes running, the next session is running for 20 minutes with no break. Dreading it!!

Clover - I have dumbbells, resistance band, ankle weights. I mainly use the Wii, I have a few fitness games - Sports Active 2, My Fitness Coach and Zumba. Sports Active is my favourite as I get a different workout every day and it really pushes me. What do you enjoy doing the most, apart from shovelling snow!!
  • DeeBear
    DeeBear Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Well another weekend has come and gone. I LOVED THE MOVIE!!! It is one that everyone should take the time to see. The popcorn was good.
    Otherwise my weekend was a bust. I tweeked my back getting clothes out of the dryer so will probably be going to the bone cracker tomorrow for a treatment. Also broke my little toe, stubbed it on the door to the bathroom. SHEESH! What a klutz I can be.
    Will probably not be exercising this week, which I have come to love. Will see how the week goes.
    As far as eating, my mom made her famous frosted sugar cookies for Valentine's day. I cannot leave these things alone. I think that she makes the best cookies ever. She is 81 and does this for my family every Valentine's day.
    Clover I have a treadmill, aerodyne exercise bike, elliptical, rowing machine and the whole set of Richard Simon's DVD's downstairs. So you see there is no excuse for me.
    Anywho will talk again tomorrow.
    You are all doing fantastically.
    See you all tomorrow.
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday gang!

My living room has been taken over by all of my exercise equipment-have the basics with hand weights and bands, dvds, kettlebells, stability ball and a bosu. I also have an elliptical and the bike training stand to make my road bike stationary in the winter. I would be lost without all of my gear! So for my other challenge, I ended up with 375 burpees, 2000 crunches and 600 pushups in 1 week. I think this week's challenge really helped me to realize that I am in a lot better shape than I have been giving myself credit for--I still see myself as being almost 100 pounds heavier. I'm game to try jack knife exercises (from what I found that is a lower ab exercise, right?)

Had a pretty good weekend....stayed under calories and finished up my left overs from the past week.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Take care and keep up the great work!!
  • maher2006
    maher2006 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    hello all...is it too late to join this group?
  • elimay59
    Options
    No you are welcome to join maher :flowerforyou:

Hello everyone !!!!!! Are those all for one challenge hawkeye ? are they trying to kill you :laugh: Good for you ,you have to be in good shape to workout like that.

DeeBear OUCH:flowerforyou: Sorry you are hurting. Frosted sugar cookies are my fav.:tongue:

Sammy you are not feeling well either sorry :flowerforyou:

Clover I love it globel warming :laugh: yep thats it.

I have treadmill , stationary ,bike, Wii, and lots of videos : > no excuse here either :noway:

1. water almost
    2. excersize I cleaned an office 2+ hrs
    3.yep under calories.

I had a pretty difficult day today but I didnt let it send me into a feeding frenzy :glasses: Have an awesome day tommorow everyone :bigsmile:
  • PennyChallenge
    Options
    Good morning Ladies!

I had a rough weekend feeling under the weather but I managed to eat right and push through. Glad to see everyone still fighting strong! Sammy I did W5D3 and it wasn't horrible but I slowed my pace down. Going to repeat once more before moving on! Keep fighting you will win! Clover I have treadmill, DVDs dancing, Wii fit, sports, Zimbabwe, just dance etc, dumbbells uptown 52.5#, resistance bands and my baby ;0) I love to mix things up always looking for new things! Oh and I use on demand ALL THE TIME! Deebear sorry about your toe ;0( about 2 years ago now I broke my three middle toes on my left foot and I swear I dont think they are going to be the same. I completely sympathize with you. How sweet of your Mom enjoy every cookie and memory with her. YOU are so blessed to have her. Give her an extra hug when she least expects it!! ELIMAY- How is you dear Sister? Even on the rough days I feel so proud when I don't give in. I'm proud of you woman!
    HAWKEYE - That is an intense workout. Insanity. How in the heck...you must be like a rock! Incredible and inspiring! !!

Have a joyful day!
  • PennyChallenge
    Options
    Jack knife is a lower an workout. Lay flat on your back then at the same time lift toes and hand meeting in the middle making your body turn into a V. Then relax and repeat. Holding for 10-15 seconds and 20 reps;0)

I want to hit 30 so bad but afraid Mother Nature is going to interfere with that. :0/

Same goals! Half way through the month and need to lose five more asap!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Praise the Lord that I have no dentist appointments for a while!

Goals are this week are to
    Stay at calorie goal
    Burn 1000 calories most days
    Focus more on me/house/procrastination list

Since I wrote this last I think I have failed miserably.I must say, I can understand how Sammy feels! I am running around here burning 5000 calories a week and losing nothing! There should be a law against eating enough all week to erase a 5000 calorie burn!!

I will start fresh today, look for a better attitude (If you find one, let me know) and make some type of progress!

Everyone is doing good! Lots of good updates and more new challengers, huh? Keep up your good work, gang!! I need you for inspiration & motivation!!

Sammy-I am rooting for you!!!
  • JessicaMarie9382
    Options
    I'm in!!

My Goals:
    1. 64 oz water everyday
    2. 30 mins of exercise per day
    3. Log in and track everyday
    4. Finish C25K Training
    5. Lose 50lbs by July
  • clover5
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Goal check:
    log calories and in budget - yes
    aerobic exercise - yes - walk dog and husband
    strength - yes - leg curls with ankle weights
    housework - no -weekends off

Lost the same pound this morning that I lost on Friday :laugh: I can't stay off the scale, but I'm used to the up and down. It's ok.
    DeeBear I'm so sorry about your back and toe. Hang in there. Things will get better. :ohwell: You hang in there too Istnlondry
    Welcome JessicaMarie. Good goals. A couple others are doint the C25K here also. Hawkeye, glad you have recognized your real fitness.

Penny, the jack knife looks hard, but I'll do my best.
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    my goals:

1. run once a week
    2. not over indulge in the sweets
    3. track my food daily