50+ WOMEN for the month of JUNE

Options

Replies

• vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Wishful,
    I found something at my favorite mexican restaurant that I can eat and eat it all the time. I get their grilled chicken dinner with side salad and guacomole. I even eat a few chips with salsa. I go here at least once if not twice a week and I do fine. Fajitas are sometimes good too. Just dont get any of the stuff with lots of cheese and sauce. Just thought this may help you. I usually check the restaurant online before I go and decide what I am going to eat first, then I end up doing better. Some of the salads at those places are awfully loaded with calories.
    Vicki
  • Mimis5
    Mimis5 Posts: 19
    Options
    Jayne,
    My name is Laurie, and I live in Kittery, Maine. Nice to have a fellow New Englander on the air! I'd love to be a support to you! Hugs, Laurie
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    We celebrated Father's Day with supper at the in-laws. Everyone had battered fried pork chops with gravy and mashed potatoes, except me a my niece. I brought my George Foreman and grilled us a chicken breast and she brought a green salad. I didn't dip into the candy or cookie jars, so I was able to stay under my calories for the day... not something I usually accomplish on a Sunday. :happy:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    We celebrated Father's Day with supper at the in-laws. Everyone had battered fried pork chops with gravy and mashed potatoes, except me a my niece. I brought my George Foreman and grilled us a chicken breast and she brought a green salad. I didn't dip into the candy or cookie jars, so I was able to stay under my calories for the day... not something I usually accomplish on a Sunday. :happy:

Suzzzque-

I wasn't going to post tonight, just log my dinner and collapse, but when I saw what you accomplished had to say "way to go.":drinker: :drinker: I know it is hard to stick to your guns at family gatherings. Pork chops by themselves would have been one thing, potatoes w/a little butter or margarine, probably OK too, but GRAVY, and BREADING:grumble: :noway: --I don't think so!! I am glad you had someone else there for support!!

I did a dinner for my parents today in their retirement apartment. We had tenderloin steak, asparagus, mushrooms fried in a nonstick pan, w/butter to keep my dad happy, and potatoes, parboiled and browned in butter, also a favorite of my dad's. I came up with a variation on something I discovered last week for dessert. The JELLY BELLY sugar free (sweetened w/ Splenda) Lemon Drop pudding with sliced strawberries on top and a little spray whipped cream--not too bad calorie-wise and VERY yummy. Even though there was no chocolate, my dad seemed to like it.

I will post later the story of why the steaks were broiled instead of barbecued.--and believe me, there IS a story.:laugh:

Hope everyone had a good Sunday. For anyone who lost their dad since last year, I hope you made it through the day OK. I know I will never be ready for the loss of either of my parents. We have always been very close, probably partly because I have no siblings.

Time to hit the feathers. :yawn: I am especially tired tonight because before I went to make dinner I walked 4 miles today--good thing as I did eat my exercise calories today, but I did stay UNDER, which was an accomplishment with the butter, the potatoes, :heart: and the chocolate chip cookies:heart::heart: that my mother had a whole kitchen full of , it seemed.:laugh:

Later,

Barb
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    GOOD MORNING ALL :flowerforyou:

KATHY, GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW JEEP. SOUNDS LIKE YOU WERE GOING TO HAVE A FUN DAY WITH DAD.:smile:

BARB, GLAD YOU ENJOYED YOUR TIME WITH YOUR PARENTS AND THE MEAL SOUNDED GREAT.:smile: MY DAD IS IN HEAVEN 29 YEARS AND I STILL MISS HIM, EVEN MORE ON FATHER'S DAY. I TOO AM AN ONLY CHILD AND WE WERE VERY CLOSE. :heart:

ROSEMARY, YOU ARE DOING BETTER AND HAVE ALREADY SHED 11LBS.:flowerforyou: IF YOU LIKE BIG MEALS, YOU NEED VOLUME. YOU HAVE TO EAT SALADS AND LOW CAL VEGETABLE SOUPS OR JUST ADD LOTS OF EXTRA VEGGIES TO ALL YOUR MEALS. THE MEAT PORTION SHOULD BE 4 OUNCES , IF YOU REALLY CAN'T DO THAT,THEN 5 TO 6 TOPS. FISH CAN BE 6 OUNCES TO 8.
    INSTEAD OF 2 WHITE BREAD, CAN YOU EAT LOW CAL WHEAT BREAD? SAVES MANY CALORIES AND MELBA THIN RYE BY ARNOLD IS A GOOD CHOICE TOO, 110 CALORIES FOR 2 SLICES. TAKE SMALL STEPS TO CHANGE YOUR EATING HABITS. YOU WILL DO FINE. YOU ARE OFF TO A WONDERFUL START.

SUSAN, ANOTHER VICTORY FOR YOU.:flowerforyou: I AM SO IMPRESSED. JUST GREAT.

SHORT ON TIME TODAY. TO EVERYONE ELSE, HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AND REMEMBER
    THAT NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE. JUST BELIEVE IN YOURSELVES AND WATCH WHAT HAPPENS.

:heart: ANNE
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Thanks, Vicki, for the hints while eating at our little local Mexican restaurant. I have to guesstimate the calorie intake by other restaurant listings. My biggest mistake yesterday was eating at the buffet.:ohwell: I was careful the rest of the day and met my calorie goal though.:smile:

Susan, you did great!

Well, back on the wagon today. I need to make a food plan before I get hungry.

Everyone have a positive day!

Bonnie
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies:flowerforyou:

I really tried to eat better choices but I kinda fell of yesterday. I had and omelet with home fires & raisin toast. It was so good. I ate every bit. Then in the evening I had four pieces of onion pizza. That was good too.

But, today I'm back on track and ready of the fight.

I had a wonderful time with my parents and family. We went to my sister & brother in laws bar & grill and danced to a 60's 70's cover band. Lot's of fun. So I did burn some calories.

Today Punky my cat goes to the vet. It is still raining :grumble: I will get to the gym this afternoon and burn some calories.

Hope all is well.

:heart: Kathy
  • plantlady99
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/57654-common-slip-ups-how-to-overcome-them

Just read this post. I sure needed the motivation today. So I decided to go to the gym NOW!!!!

• AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Happy Monday all! Thanks for all the encouragement. I certainly got the LOOKS at supper last night. I brought one of those yummy fried pork chops home with me with plans to cut calories elsewhere today and enjoy it, but my tummy is out of whack today :sick: At least staying under my calories today should be a cinch!

This was my third Father's Day without my daddy and it hasn't gotten any easier yet. But it blessed my heart to see hubby and his brothers honor their dad. He wasn't home much when they were growing up or we were having our families, but now that he is retired, he is an outstanding great-grandfather. Goes to prove it doesn't ever HAVE TO BE too late to build a relationship.

My life is a roller coaster these days. Today my oldest brother is having multiple biopsies taken. They think he has Hodgkin's Lymphoma and it has spread to his stomach and lungs. He lives 5 hours away so depending on what they find today, I MAY be making a road trip.

On an up note: My daughter's personal crisis seems to have passed. Also her boyfriend finally got his vacation days approved, so she will be bringing him and the little dog he got her for her birthday with her for Independence Day weekend. :happy: We haven't seen her since Christmas and he has never met the extended family. Looking forward to that! :love: I suspect he will one day be my son-in-law.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    A quick good morning. :smile: I've been off the wagon and avoiding mfp. :ohwell:
    I look forward to catching up on the thread later this evening.
    In the meantime, Susan, I hope all will be well with your brother. On a brighter note, happy to hear you'll be seeing your daughter soon.

We had a very nice father's day here. We celebrated with my husband and my step-father, who has been a real grandfather to my kids. I feel like I spent the whole day on food prep, but at least my husband did nothing. The day ended with a LOT of laughs as we played pictionary with our grown kids and one girlfriend (may be my daughter-in-law one day) after my parents went home. The laughs were the best gift of all. I am SO happy we had this time together. (Where have I heard that before? It was some TV show. Surely the rest of you old-timers must recognize that phrase. :laugh: ) But, it's true.
    Have a great day and sorry for being gone so long. I did think about you all, but ....I just didn't want to get on mfp since I was so bad.:blushing:
    Zaza
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    ZAZA, I'M SO GLAD WE HAD THIS TIME TOGETHER, CAROL BURNETT SHOW.
    HANG IN THERE. DON'T GIVE UP. :heart:

ANNE
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Just got back from the gym. Burned Calories and did Strength training. I'm glad I did. For some reason I'm having a hard time keeping motivated. I think its because of all the rain we are having. The weather man say's we will see the sun Thursday. Yea!!!!

Now it's time for Punky to go to the vets.

Zaza just keep trying. Don't feel bad about losing control. It's a normal situation that we all go through. Keep coming back and you will get all the motivation and support you need. I know this is the place for me to get all my motivation and inspiration.

I'm trying so hard to get back on track. I am at this point trying to stay at my current weight. I guess I have to get into the mind set to lose more weight AGAIN.

• Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Morning All

Welcome new people You will love it here.

FIrst the good news - I went for lunch with my husband on Saturday - No kids!!
    My daughters' birthday was a hit. Saturday night I took 7 13/14yr olds Cosmic Bowing They all wore white and I had them decked out in glow-in-the-dark necklaces and bracelets. They all looked so cute and flashy in the black lights. Of course I got in some exercise keeping everything going, serving, tidying etc. It was really fun for Kaitlyn and that was the goal. Seems I need not have worried about the other kids hanging around the bowling alley - My group was the only one there!!
    Fathers' day was good for hubby and since the 21st is our daughters' actual b'day, she got to set the menu for dinner and my MIL and a family friend joined us.
    Kaitlyn's dance game for the Nintendo Wii is not as easy as I thought it would be - I will still be doing it but not with an audience!! It's definately going to count as cardio.

Bad news - I did not walk away from the cheesecake:blushing: it was delicious!! A little extra work will be required to mediate the damage but that's ok.

Today I will
    eat fruit and veggies
    drink water
    walk for 1 hr.

have a great day ladies

Heather
  • momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :glasses: hello and goodafternoon not the we need the sun glasses wishing for it . this is june right ,, will i have been doing good with the water today.. and have do my walking two times so far.. did really good on the weekend.. i honestly believe i finally have it together for 95 % of the time now. how is everyone doing today ..
    heather did you say cheescake oh that sounds so good..
    zaza family time is so wonderful now of days once a mth we do a campfire in our yard and the children and grand come and we end the evein with smores we just love it..
    ok hope the after is nice for everyone love debbie and family
  • l_mahloy
    l_mahloy Posts: 118
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Well when it rains it pours.:huh: Got a call Wed. My brother had emergency by pass surgery Thursday
    what a roller coaster ride I have been on. I haven't done that bad with my food although I haven't logged it in. My mom goes to the heart Dr. tomorrow we did not tell her about my brother didn't think she could handle it.:sad: Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as well as my family. I will post when I get a chance hopefully everything will calm down soon!!:ohwell:
    Thanks for listening
    Lynn
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Well when it rains it pours.:huh: Got a call Wed. My brother had emergency by pass surgery Thursday what a roller coaster ride I have been on. I haven't done that bad with my food although I haven't logged it in. My mom goes to the heart Dr. tomorrow we did not tell her about my brother didn't think she could handle it.:sad: Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as well as my family. I will post when I get a chance hopefully everything will calm down soon!!:ohwell:
    Thanks for listening
    Lynn

I know what that is like. We often had to shield Moma from added stressors. And my oldest brother is having some major helath problems right now. I'm putting you and yours on my prayer list. Hugs, Susan
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your advice. I am planning my meals for next week on wednesday.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Welcome, Rosemary,

Your experience logging in your meal after the fact was just like mine.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I thought a lot of the things I ate were pretty healthy until MFP told me different. That is what sold me on the website. By logging my food before I ate it, I could change my mind and eliminate something before I ate it. By logging my food every day and making changes to healthier food, I took baby steps toward an eating plan that has been working well for me for awhile. Take it one day at a time.

If you have the chance to log some of the meals you have planned for your camping trip before you go, you can see what the calories will be like and make changes ahead of time. A good hint is that clean, unprocessed food is usually lower calorie than processed foods or food with sauces and condiments.

I have learned so much from my new pals on MFP. These women go with me everywhere in my heart. They have changed my life.:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:

In honor of Fathers' Day, the cats and dogs got their dad a cute card, a jar of giant olives stuffed with garlic, and some little cans of low sodium V-8. for our meal we're having turkey burgers with a little bit of Fat Daddy barbecue sauce, a giant salad, and frozen spinach. We're also at an RV park on a golf course. We can see the golfers from our front window. Dad is very happy with his treats.

gotta walk the doggies
    hugs,:heart::heart: :heart:
    Barbie
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    [Hurray and Hallelujah!!!:drinker: I lost another 3 pounds. All that exercise paid off. I can't see my belly past my boobs any more....:laugh:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,987 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Susan,
    This is a great thing you did.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: It is so scary to bring your own food to an event and so satisfying to actually do it. People will get used to you and how you eat and it will get easier every time you do it. congratulations:flowerforyou: :drinker: and hugs:heart:
    Barbie
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies,
    Hello to all new ladies. Dont have much time. Lynn I will put you and yours in my prayers. Good for all of you who are doing so good and passing up those good foods. Keep up that exercise too. It all works together.
    I have a prayer request. My daughter started spotting today and after a doctor's visit it looks like she will have a miscarriage. She has to go back on Wed for blood test but does not look good. She is fine and can try again in about a month but is very upsetting for her. Very dissappointing after having told everyone to have to tell them otherwise. Just please pray for her and the baby and for us to accept whatever happens. Thank you ladies. Talk to you later. Going to granddaughter and going to ride my bike there and back.
    Vicki