50+ WOMEN for the month of JUNE

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd like to join your group. I'm a very slow starter, who's only lost a couple of pounds since May. Does age really factor into how quickly pounds can be lost? This is my first real attempt to lose weight in about 10 years.

Welcome, Wishful

This is a great place to be. Age has a lot to do with how quickly you lose weight, some good, some not so good. I lost weight more easily in my 30's but did some very unhealthy dumb things to get there. Now that I'm older I know more about eating and exercising in healthy ways and I'm more open minded to learning from others. Stick with this thread and you'll learn a lot from the women who share their successes, failures, and positive thinking. I put MFP on my gratitude list every day.

Now it's time for both of us to drink some more water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Barbie
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Hi, Im janebrown and I joined two days ago. I am 61, a walker, but it's too hot to walk now. I could use some insite and inspiration. I was to lose 10 pounds. I'm glad to know there are ladies out there struggling, just like me.

Welcome, Jane:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

This is a great place to find inspiration and great ideas. I've lost weight and inches thanks to MFP and these great ladies on this thread. I have no idea what it feels like to be down to losing the last 10 pounds but I've heard that it comes off more slowly than when you have a lot to lose.

What I've learned is to take it one day at a time,
    Take baby steps
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Drink a lot of water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I hope to get to know you better.
    Barbie
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi ladies, long time no post. I've been working at the PO all week (Post Master Relief when the regular Post Master is gone) and I've missed reading all of your posts...Tomorrow is the last weigh-in for my daughters and I, but we are going to continue eating healthy and counting calories and exercising until we reach our goals. Thanks for all of your help and inspiration!!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    It is almost 11:00 pm here and I'm still working on the yellow sub. It's pretty big. 10 feet long, 6 feet high. I just cut it out and put it together. Now, I have to make sure it will stand. :noway: :noway: When I have that done I will paint it. What a job.

For those who don't understand. I'm making a prop for a dance studio. Not easy. My niece teaches and asked if would make it for her. :noway: Don't know what I got myself into.:ohwell:
    I'm really not tired. I get all charged up when I do things like this. I have to get up at 4:30 am tomorrow. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: I will feel it in the morning.

I read where someone eats when depressed. I do toooooo. However, I have been fighting it for months (depression and over eating) and I think I do have it licked for the most part.

I keep looking at my before picture and really don't want to be at that place again.

OK. I have to get some sleep.

Sorry if there is typo's I'm to lazy to re-read.

:heart: Kathy
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Heather: Hang in there - don’t turn to food. Take a long hot bath or go for a walk but don’t turn to food.

Barb: Awwww - you gave away my secret:laugh: I didn’t know that anyone else did it that way. It’s the ONLY way I can respond personally. I can’t remember in between reading and posting!

Ellen: :flowerforyou: You’ll get there. I will too ;-) We can do this together - all of us encouraging each other.

Lynn: I'm glad your mom has had a change of heart. I will pray that what is best for her will be what happens. I’m sure the tennis will help work off those calories. Isn’t it frustrating to think that those salads can add up to so many calorie:angry: I know Barbie wouldn’t do that because she is so organized. I want to be like Barbie.:bigsmile:

Janebrown: :flowerforyou: Welcome. I’m glad you found this group. It’s a great support group. If you have any questions please ask. Someone on this thread should be able to help!

Doobiedo: You can still use MFP to track your foods and water. Do you do that now? Where are you weighing in?

Kathy: Do you have pictures anywhere that we could see this great creation you are doing? I enjoyed your pictures of the mural on your brother’s building and I’m sure this will be as awesome. Hope you can sleep and feel rested when you get up.

Okay - off to drink some more water. I have found that the more I drink and keep drinking I don't get up at night as often as I did when I first started. That's good!

Have a great evening everyone.

Esther
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,:flowerforyou:

I promised you a tale, so here it is--more like a "tail" (Peter Cottontail, that is)::laugh:

Last Friday morning after I finished work, I called to check on my good friend Thomy, who had been fighting a respiratory bug. :grumble: She sounded AWFUL:sad: --couldn't say two words without coughing herself silly (as I told her, at least now she had a reason.:laugh: (We are GOOD friends, so harassment comes with the territory:bigsmile: :bigsmile: )

The night before was that incredible rainstorm I described last week. She got caught in it while taking her son to a concert that he was to play in. She said she went through an entire bag of Hall's cough drops and still was coughing so much she had to leave the auditorium.

After listening to her, I strongly suggested she go to the doctor, but she had the misguided idea that she would wait til Sunday, :noway: :noway: after her son was off to visit his dad. She did decide to delay going to work until noon, and when she called me back an hour later, she said after getting ready for work, she felt like she was going to keel over and her heart was pounding.

At this point, I said, sit down and I will be there in 20 minutes. I am no longer "suggesting" the doctor, I am coming to get you and we are going. Period. When she didn't disagree, I knew she was really ill.

So we get to the Urgent Care Clinic, and the doctor threatens to put her in the hospital, but she talked him out of it by promising to do NOTHING for the entire weekend. He said she had a bad bronchial infection--closer to pneumonia than he wanted to think about, and he gave her multiple prescriptions and a miraculous cough suppressant. (Codeine is your friend:drinker: :drinker: )
    Conveniently, one of the prescriptions said "no driving" so it made it easier for her to keep her promise to do nothing for the weekend.:laugh: :laugh:

Both my friend and her son were under the weather. Her son's asthma has been kicking up for the last week or two and caused at least one trip to the emergency room. So they are sitting up watching a movie late on Friday night--neither able to sleep--and about 2:30 in the morning, their cat returns from an nocturnal sojourn outdoors. To facilitate the cat's easier entrance into the house, the front door was ajar. As kitty begins to come in the door, there is a noise, described as "shrieking." They both assumed the cat was injured, but when her son opened the door a little more, in comes the cat holding a very much alive and quite indignant baby bunny!! He or she was kicking up quite the fuss. :noway: (I never knew rabbits made any noise, so ya learn something new every day!:noway: )

Kitty has a strong hunting instinct, but never kills anything she catches and brings home, so they took "Bugs" away from her, and checked him over for broken bones or other injuries and found none.

Now, of course the next question was what do you do with a baby bunny who has dropped in unexpectedly in the middle of the night? They got a box, poked some holes in it, placed the bunny inside with water, some carrots and grass, and locked up the cat, (just in case she changed her mind about her killer instinct).:laugh:

In the morning, the rabbit seemed quite refreshed and calm, considering what had happened. My friend contacted the pet emergency hospital, but they couldn't take a critter with no injuries. Animal control is not open on weekends, so in desperation, my friend put an ad on Craigslist, offering the rabbit for adoption.

Almost immediately, she received a call from someone who referred her to the Audubon Society. No this was not a rare flying rabbit.:laugh: It seems the local chapter has a program for caring for wild baby rabbits who are found minus there mothers. These little guys don't do well if they are raised away from other bunnies, so they raise them together and when they are old enough, they are released into a nature preserve in our area.

You may remember my friend couldn't drive due to her medications, so some other mutual friends, who have a four year old son, decided to make a field trip out of taking "Bugs" to his new home at the Audubon Society, which is about an 18 mile drive from where we are.:smile::smile:

All is well that ends well. Despite the excitement, my friend has made enough of a recovery that she invited me to lunch tomorrow (Friday)@ TGI Fridays.:drinker: :drinker:

So, that is my "tail" for today. As usual, I am going to bed too late to be getting up at 4 am. :yawn:

Barb
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Cute tale!

Thanks for the welcome and encouragement. I'm beginning to discover that exercise really is the key. Even my posture is improving!
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the new members:flowerforyou: This is a great site and has a lot to offer. I wish you all the best. Join us often:smile:

I have a really busy day ahead...cleaning, laundry, getting the trailer ready for our first adventure of the season, getting some exercising in, cutting the grass just to name a few things:tongue:

My scale is hedging up and down and is driving me crazy...anyone want a scale real cheap:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Even though I am varying my exercise and watching my calories it doesn't seem to be working...time to go back to the drawing board and reevaluate what might be happening. (Probaby that darn (wo)menopause:grumble: Maybe just my body trying to figure out what/where it should do. However, I am not giving up. I have come to far to let those thoughts enter into my hear:noway:

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and you remember to do something nice for yourself:flowerforyou:

Marie:heart:
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Good Morning

I think I was a little too whiney yesterday - Sorry for that ladies:blushing: I thank you for your words of encouragement. I'm proud to say although I felt like I was losing it, I did not eat junk food. That felt so good I'll say it again, I did not eat junk food!! And I lost a pound!!! Still not down to my previous low but ever sooo close. I really want to take off at least 25 more by December

So some of my stress comes from being too busy at work so I decided to come in early today and tackle some tasks that aren't very easy to get done when I am constantly distracted with the daily running of the office during regular hours. Another thing I'm planning is to go out with a girlfriend tonight. Sometimes my perspective on life escapes me. Thanks for helping me through a rough day.

Good story Weaklink. Thanks for the info on posting. I don't know why I didn't think of that. Copy and paste are my friends! Several times lately I have written a novel of a post and hit a wrong button and it disappears. Especially on my lap top - I think I'm hitting tab instead of caps and I immediately go back to the home page and my personal message or reply post are gone.

Welcome to Jane and Wishful I hope you join in often and have great success on you journey to excellent health.

Well the weekend is upon us and I have no plans!!! That never happens. So I will tackle the front gardens and maybe put in some plants to spruce up the rock gardens. The weather has finally warmed up enough for the plants to not freeze.

I will be keeping in touch through the weekend because i definately know it helps me stay on track.

Today I will:

Eat sensibly
    burn 300 calories
    focus on the positive

Take care

Heather
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Amazing the difference a day can make. I'm feeling like my cheery self again today. Still don't know what was up yesterday... maybe it WAS hormones. :blushing:

Today is my regular mowing day, but since we've had so many thunderstorms lately everything is greening up, so I had to not only mow the part we keep watered, but the rest of the yard too. It took me 4 hours and made me VERY thirsty, :drinker: so I have more calories than I could possibly eat for today and am way ahead on water too. :happy:

Now to bathe the dog and get to the grocery store. I'm out of fruit and salad fixins. Happy Friday ya'll!
  • idreamof55
    idreamof55 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi everyone! my name is Jeanne and I joined MFP last month. I decided was time to do something about my weight and lifestye. I live in Galveston<tx and have gained 20 lbs since IKe came to visit. I have lost 13 lbs and very excited to get to my B.I. (before Ike ) weight!

I have a temping weekend coming up and I am going to work really hard to stay on track1 I keep telling myself "Nothing taste as good as thin feels!"
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Welcome, Jeanne, you have come to the right place.

We are at a great RV park near Yakima, Washington. The park has a walking/jogging path that is eight tenths of a mile around and it gets a lot of business especially early AM and later in the day when it's cooler. I walked around it five times this morning and will go out again later with Jake.

We are with some kindred spirits who loved our plans for healthy meals so we've been eating together (chicken kebabs with pineapple, peppers, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms) and salad on Wednesday and homemade low sodium turkey chili and steamed broccoli on Thursday.

Jake has been telling people about the Isagenix program we've been on and several people are interested in finding out more.

I think the fact that we've lost a lot of weight is making some people uncomfortable. I told one woman what I'd been doing and she said "I don't like drinking water" and that seemed to end the conversation for her. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

My goals today:
    walk more
    drink a lot of water (I've started keeping a paper to tally each time I drink 8 oz) :drinker: :drinker:
    not be affected by what people say. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The internet keeps going in and out so I haven't been able to read and post the way I want to.

You are all with me wherever I go.

Have a great weekend.:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:
    Barbie
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    GOOD EVENING PALS, :flowerforyou:

KATHY, THANKS FOR ASKING, MY FOOT IS GETTING BETTER EVERY DAY. CAN'T WAIT UNTIL I CAN GO WALKING AGAIN, MISS IT SO MUCH. KEEP LOOKING AT THAT BEFORE PICTURE,IT REALLY DOES THE TRICK. I HAVE MINE BY MY BEDSIDE ALL THE TIME AND TAKE IT OUT WHEN I NEED TO. YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB OF NOT TURNING TO FOOD. I KNOW HOW HARD IT CAN BE.:flowerforyou:

ELLEN, I SURE DO AGREE THAT A REGULAR, NORMAL, MISSES SIZE, ETC. IS SO MUCH BETTER
    THAN PLUS, FULL FIGURED AND ALL THE REST OF THE LABELS THEY PUT ON US. GLAD YOU ARE UNDER 200 . THAT GIVES YOU A LIFT IN ITSELF. KEEP ON GOING TOWARD YOUR GOAL. YOU CAN DO IT.:happy:

LYNN, THAT'S WONDERFUL YOUR MOM IS TRYING HER BEST AND WILL LET THE DOCTORS HELP HER. AS FOR THAT SALAD, WOW 900 CALORIES. WHO WOULD GUESS IT COULD BE SO HIGH.
    HOPE YOU BURNED OFF SOME OF THEM.:smile:

WELCOME JANE, WHETHER IT'S 10 LBS OR 110 LBS, WE ARE ALL STRUGGLING AND ALL IN THIS TOGETHER. TAKE YOUR TIME AND MAKE THIS A NEW HEALTHY LIFESTYLE AND NOT A DIET. :noway: KEEP COMING BACK TO THIS THREAD AND ASK QUESTIONS. WISH YOU THE BEST RESULTS.

BARB, THAT WAS SOME STORY. GLAD IT HAD A DOUBLE HAPPY ENDING AND YOUR FRIEND WAS OK AND THE RABBIT TOO.:happy:

WISHFUL, THAT'S GREAT THAT THE EXERCISE HELPS YOUR POSTURE. I TEND TO BEND FORWARD BECAUSE OF ARTHRITIS IN MY SPINE. I DO LOTS OF STRETCHING AND EXERCISE FOR THAT CONDITION. I TEND TO BELIEVE THAT EATING RIGHT IS NUMBER ONE AND EXERCISING NUMBER TWO WHEN IT COMES TO WEIGHT LOSS. THE COMBINATION IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST THING IN THE WORLD FOR GOOD HEALTH. WHATEVER WORKS FOR YOU, THAT IS WHAT YOU SHOULD KEEP DOING. SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE DOING FINE.:happy:

SUSAN, GLAD YOU FEEL SO MUCH BETTER TODAY.:smile:

MARIE, OF COURSE YOU ARE NOT GIVING UP!!!:noway: MENOPAUSE CAUSES SET BACKS BUT YOU CAN SUCCEED. YOU HAVE LOST 35LBS :flowerforyou: THAT IS JUST WONDERFUL.

HEATHER, YOU WERE NOT WHINY AT ALL. THOSE WERE YOUR FEELINGS AT THAT MOMENT. VERY VERY GLAD YOU DID NOT GIVE IN TO THAT FOOD DEMON AND EVEN MANAGED TO LOSE A POUND.:flowerforyou: GETTING OUT TONIGHT IS JUST WHAT YOU NEED. ENJOY YOURSELF. YOU SO DESERVE IT.

JEANNE, WELCOME. YOU POSTED ONE OF MY VERY FAVORITE SAYINGS AND IT IS SO TRUE.
    CONGRATS ON LOSING 13LBS :flowerforyou: FANTASTIC!

BARBIE, WHO WOULDN'T LOVE YOUR HEALTHY MEALS AND LIFESTYLE? :flowerforyou:
    AS FOR THE WOMAN WHO DOES NOT LIKE TO DRINK WATER AND ENDED THE CONVERSATION, IT'S HER LOSS----OR SHOULD I SAY *GAIN*? :laugh: ENJOY YOUR
    WEEKEND.

HAVE A GOOD NIGHT ALL.

:heart: ANNE
  • doobiedoo
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Ladies, I don't envy those of you who work every day at a job. I did get through my week at the Post Office in good form, but I would much rather be home with my children. The girls and I had our last weigh-in for the Central Nebraska Healthy Challenge today. We had only lost a total of 6 pounds this time:sad: But, even though the challenge is over, we are going to continue eating healthy and lose down to our goals. I had changed my goal to 175, but I want to make it to 150. That was my original goal. I appreciate you ladies and know you know how I feel and the struggles that I face trying to change my mind and habits when it comes to eating. I feel like I've gotten a good start to taking pounds off and keeping them off!! Have a good weekend!!:flowerforyou:
  • doobiedoo
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Ladies, I don't envy those of you who work every day at a job. I did get through my week at the Post Office in good form, but I would much rather be home with my children. The girls and I had our last weigh-in for the Central Nebraska Healthy Challenge today. We had only lost a total of 6 pounds this time:sad: But, even though the challenge is over, we are going to continue eating healthy and lose down to our goals. I had changed my goal to 175, but I want to make it to 150. That was my original goal. I appreciate you ladies and know you know how I feel and the struggles that I face trying to change my mind and habits when it comes to eating. I feel like I've gotten a good start to taking pounds off and keeping them off!! Have a good weekend!!:flowerforyou:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Happy weekend everyone!!:flowerforyou:

Welcome to all the new members!! If you want to change your life, this is the place to be!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Here is an update on Mai Li, my Lhasa Ahpso's weight loss journey. She is the one in the picture with her best friend "Mr. Banana":laugh:

I am happy to report that I stopped at the vet's office today just to use their scale, and to my very pleasant surprise, she is down to 25.3 lbs from a high of 29 lbs. about the time I started my journey in mid - April. This means she has lost about 12% of her body weight, and is about 3 lbs away from being a good weight for her size. Like Garfield, she always thought she was not "overweight" but "undertall":laugh: (Funny how I always felt the same way about myself!!!:laugh: ) Apparently all the exercise is rubbing off on Pepper the Shih tzu as well. He dropped from 18 lbs. to 16.5 lbs, so he is looking very buff!!:drinker:

As for me, tomorrow is weigh day, so we shall see how I do. I have been staying within my guideline for calories all week, and even stayed below a time or two. Tonight I had dinner at TGI Fridays and since I checked out the calorie count on a couple of menu possibilities, I had no trouble staying within my range.

Tomorrow I need to get at least 7 miles in, as I haven't been walking every day like I was at the start. It is hard to fit walking into my schedule if I don't do it at mid day. At night if I walk, it makes me go to bed too late, and then I need a nap the next day and so I don't walk that afternoon and so the circle continues. I still get out for at least 30 minutes with the doggies, but haven't been hitting the trail by myself as much.

Hopefully I can update my ticker w/good news this weekend. More later.

Barb
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    THOUGHT THIS MIGHT BE SOMETHING FOR THE MOOD EATERS TO THINK ABOUT:
    IT'S QUITE LONG, SO IF YOU HAVE NO TIME, READ IT LATER IN THE DAY , OR WHENEVER YOU CAN.

BEST PLACE TO END MOOD EATING FOREVER

IT'S THE SUPERMARKET. IF YOU EAT WHEN UPSET, DON'T BUY SNACKS THAT YOU ABUSE WHEN STRESSED. YOUR KITCHEN IS PROBABLY WHERE YOU DO MOST OF YOUR MOOD EATING.
    NO MATTER WHAT THE BURDENS AND STRESSES OF LIFE MAY BE, YOU CAN'T EAT WHAT'S NOT THERE! BUYING YOUR FAVORITE SNACK FOODS ENCOURAGES AND REINFORCES THE DESTRUCTIVE HABIT OF MOOD EATING. PETER DOES MOST OF THE FAMILY SHOPPING. HE INSISTED HE BOUGHT THE FAMILY SIZE BAGS OF PEANUT M &MS BECAUSE THE KIDS ATE THEM TOO. BUT, THE KIDS ALMOST NEVER SAW ANY OF THEM. HE SWITCHED TO ANOTHER SNACK AND WAS ABLE TO LOSE WEIGHT. HE WAS THE ONE WHO CRAVED THE M & MS, NOT THE KIDS.

WHY NOT EMPLOY STRATEGY RIGHT NOW AND TOSS OUT THE MOOD SNACKS. ? IF YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST KEEP SNACKS IN YOUR HOME FOR OTHER PEOPLE, HERE ARE PROVEN STRATEGIES TO KEEP YOU FROM EATING THEM:
    1. ASK OTHERS IF YOU CAN BUY SNACKS THAT DON'T TEMPT YOU. IF THAT CAN'T WORK, GIVE THEM THE SNACKS TO KEEP.
    2. KEEP SNACK FOODS OUT OF SIGHT. NEVER KEEP THEM IN PLAIN SIGHT, EVER.
    3. ASK FOR HELP. ASK CLOSE FRIENDS AND FAMILY NOT TO SNACK IN FRONT OF YOU WHENEVER POSSIBLE.
    4. IF NOTHING ELSE WORKS, LOCK ALL SNACKS IN A CASH BOX AND GIVE THE KEY OR COMBINATION TO THE FAMILY, YOU DON'T NEED TO KNOW ANYTHING MORE ABOUT THE BOX.
    5. KEEP HEALTHY FOODS AVAILABLE.

REMEMBER, LIVING YOUR LIFE TRIM AND HEALTHY IS FAR MORE IMPORTANT THAN SPENDING EXTRA MONEY ON A LOCK BOX OR WORRYING THAT A STRATEGY LOOKS "CRAZY". THE ONLY THING CRAZY IS YOUR LOOKING FAT BECAUSE YOU'RE GOING DOWN THE TUBES AGAIN AND AGAIN FOR SNACK FOOD.

THE KEY TO CONTROLLING MOOD EATING IS RECOGNIZING THAT THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE TIME, THE KIND OF STRESS THAT DOES MAKE US WANT TO EAT IS PREDICTABLE STRESS, IT IS STRESS THAT COMES FROM THE SAME FAMILIAR PEOPLE AND THE SAME FAMILIAR SITUATIONS TIME AND TIME AGAIN.

DECIDE RIGHT NOW THAT THE NEXT TIME YOU FEEL A BAD MOOD RISING, YOU WILL SPEND A FEW MINUTES WITH A FAVORITE ACTIVITY, ESPECIALLY ONE THAT OCCUPIES YOUR HANDS. IF YOU DON'T HAVE A HEALTHY OUTLET FOR STRESS, LOOK FOR ONE YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADOPT.

KNITTING AND CROCHETING, WARM BATH OR SHOWER, PLAYING A GAME BOY, PLAYING WITH A PET, SAYING A PRAYER, KEEPING A DIARY, SENDING E MAILS, GOING ONLINE, HAVING SEX,STRETCHING AND EXERCISING ESPECIALLY WITH HAND WEIGHTS, YOGA, MEDITATION, READING, WATCHING A VIDEO, PLAYING AN INSTRUMENT, SHOPPING FOR ITEMS YOU ENJOY, OTHER THAN FOOD.

WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT ALL THE PAIN CAUSED BY THE GAINING AND REGAINING OF WEIGHT AS A RESULT OF MOOD EATING, YOU REALIZE THAT COMFORT FOODS ARE THE MAJOR CAUSE OF DISCOMFORT IN HUMAN LIFE.

MOST OF THE ANNOYANCES THAT PROMPT YOU TO MOOD EAT, WHETHER IT IS CHILDREN'S BEHAVIOR OR A COMMENT MADE BY A BOSS OR RELATIVE, ARE NOT AS IMPORTANT AS THE HARM YOU DO TO YOUR BODY AND PSYCHE BY PERPETUATING A CYCLE OF MOOD EATING, OF BEING UNABLE TO COPE WITHOUT A DEPENDENCE ON FOOD. STRATEGY EMPOWERS YOU TO DEAL WITH THE AGENDA OF YOUR LIFE. YOU ARE NO LONGER REACTING AS A VICTIM, BUT ARE THE LEADER IN YOUR OWN LIFE.

WHEN IT COMES TO MOOD ELEVATION, ALL THE CHOCOLATES OF FRANCE, PIZZA OF ITALY, OR ICE CREAM OF HAAGENDAZS WILL NEVER ELEVATE MOOD AS MUCH AS LOSING WEIGHT, LOOKING BETTER, AND FEELING IN CONTROL AGAIN.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Good morning-
    It was so nice to finally see the sun shine yesterday afternoon. I hope we see more today. Am sick of humid, rainy weather.

Susan, you made me exhausted reading how much work you did yesterday. I try to help mow, but I only last for maybe 30 minutes. I can’t believe you did 4 hours and then went to bathe the dog AND food shop. What are you - Super Woman?!:laugh:

Welcome Jeanne. :flowerforyou: This is a wonderful group of women. Very friendly and supportive and encouraging.

Barbie, sounds like you and Jake are having a wonderful time. It’ so nice that the two of you are in synch.:heart:

Anne, hope you are feeling better. :flowerforyou: Good for you for using the before picture for motivation. That is a great idea.

Doobiedoo – you are still losing weight so that’s great. :drinker: Keep at it.

Barb, I am so impressed you were able to stay within your calories all week, especially out to dinner. :flowerforyou:
    I have just not been disciplined so my weight keeps yo-yo-ing. The only good thing is that I stop all calorie intake by 9:30 at night and that is saving me from gaining. I just need to find the self-control. Any tips?

Anne, you had some great perspective on mood eating. I will try to keep all that in mind, but, while I do sometimes engage in mood eating, sometimes I’m just bored or CRAVE certain tastes or textures or I’m hungry and want something immediately AND satisfying.
    For example, on our way home last night from my sister-in-law’s, I had a hot dog and cheeseburger, buns included, and shared a strawberry milkshake w/my husband. I had already had some hors d’oeuvres and chocolate chip cookies, but I was still hungry and that really hit the spot. But, that spur-of-the-moment drive into the hamburger joint as we passed by really put me over on the calories and I definitely did not make healthy choices. :grumble:

So, my big issue is finding the motivation/discipline to go for the healthy choices when I just love the taste of everything else. I have a very hard time depriving myself. I know I need to change - I'm just having a very hard time doing it. For some reason, the week-ends are the hardest. So, feel free to tell me what works for all of you.
    Zaza
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Anne, your post about getting the snacks out of the house was very timely. I had finally managed to clear out all of the snacks, and then my sons went and bought a bunch of snacks since I wasn't providing any. ( They really don't need them either.) Anyway, I was staying out of their snacks by telling myself that they bought those. Then my husband came home with snacks, too. Needless to say, I gave in to temptation then. I'm going to try to find a cabinet to empty and Hide Those Snacks!:grumble:
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies,
    It seems like forever since I talked to you. I have tried to keep up reading each day, but the free internet does not always let me send messages. Thursday, I typed a long message and then it shut off while sending so I just gave up. We are having a good time. Had a few crazy moments but just something to laugh about later. The first concert got called for bad weather. We waited in the car until 11 pm and when started raining we figured they would never finish it so came back to hotel. Guess what we were wrong, started back up at midnight and finished at 2:30 am. So we missed it. I could kick myself, but oh well cant cry over spilt milk. It has been really nice. We decided to sleep in this morning and wait until afternoon to go to river to hear concerts. Tonight is my favorite night.
    I have been doing great on eating. One day for lunch we went to place downtown and the menu was limited and choices seemed bad. I just got a chicken sandwich. figured it was fried and would just have to only eat half. when it came to table it was grilled. I squealed with delight. my hubby thought i was crazy. We even got a few workouts in. Each day we walk across a bridge to get from parking to downtown. Not a walking bridge, but a car bridge turned into a walking bridge. It takes us 10 minutes to cross and my HRM says 100 calories each cross. That works for me. Okay we are getting ready to go workout, so I'll close now. Sorry I was so lengthy. Talk to you later. Welcome to new ladies.
    Vicki