50+ WOMEN for the month of JUNE

Options

Replies

• zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Just a quick hello from the rainy northeast. I haven't been on in awhile and I'll need to catch up later tonight. All is well here - just been busy w/kids home this week-end and visiting my parents at their condo. Then I was a substitute teacher in 1st grade yesterday and came home exhausted. I think the week-end etc caught up to me.
    Have a good day all.
    Zaza
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all,
    I just finished checking-in online for our flight tomorrow. Hubby just called to say by this time tomorrow we will be in flight. He is like a kid. so excited. He has been counting down for months.
    Susan great job. Keep up the good work. Dont you just love Netflix. I tried it several months back and I am hooked. Sometimes I watch a bunch of movies at once or sometimes I just keep them forever. My girls always borrow the ones they like and I have to remind them several times to send them back.
    I will give you all a report about the CMA festival. It was really great last year and I think now that we know what we are doing it will be better this year. Just the getaway is great. Even if we do nothing.
    I have to go do last minute shopping and bring my sewing machines to the shop. He is going to clean and check them out while I am gone. That is the only time they are not being used. Talk to you later.
    Vicki
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Morning

Cloudy and cool here in the north today. Its beginning to seem like summer will never get here. Its going to be a long one at this rate. I won't have any time off this summer due to my planned trip to Edmonton in December. I only usually hve a couple of days attached to the weekend anyway because the summer is our busy time and I am a one-person office. Oh well with hubby still off, I need all the hours I can get.

I am wavering and still trying to find my way with regard to weighing in. Sometimes I think to heck with it I'm only weighing in once a month - yet other times I think I stay more focused if I weigh every day. So I have decided just today that I will weigh myself every other day until the end of June. I have gone back through my last three weeks and noticed the only thing (aside from the odd binge) that is lacking is the water intake. So starting today I will drink 2 glasses with each meal time as a minimum. I have also let caffeine free diet cola sneak back into my day so I will nix that altogether. I am not racing for a magic number but am trying to treat my body better with each passing day. As Tamtastic said on another thread, the days will pass anyway. I have heard a saying that is soo true - "This time next year, I will wish I started today" How true is that?? Even if I only drop 2 lbs a month that's still 24 lbs in a year. Looking back on my journey so far showed me that I weighed 2 lbs less in August of '08 than I do now. So the simple math is that even at a measley 2 lbs per month, I would be 20 lbs lighter - and 20 lbs healthier.

Sorry for the novel - just me getting my thoughts in print.

Take care

Heather
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone:flowerforyou:

Welcome back Lynn. Sorry to hear that you have been going through so many trials and tribulations.

Heather so glad to see you check in with us. You are so right about having a positive attitude. Hang in there:flowerforyou:

Today the weather is a very chilly and rainy:grumble: I have my workout clothes on and I am determined to get a good workout in:bigsmile:

Yesterday while on my bike ride I met someone I hadn't seen in awhile and she said "oh my gosh have you ever lost a lot of weight, what are you doing?" I replied that I was making healthier choices. She looked at me like I had just arrived from Mars:laugh:

Now I didn't share this with her because I knew she wouldn't believe me but to me healthier choices consists of what and how much I consume, what and how much exercise I do, trying to keep my stress levels under control, staying positive and motivated. There has been no magic pill just the mindset that I am worth it:blushing: and deserve to be the very best that I can be:bigsmile: I just know that there are others on this thread that know what I am talking about:happy:

Well Bob (Biggest Loser Bootcamp) is summoning me:laugh:

Hope you all have a wonderful day:flowerforyou: and thanks for the reminder to drink more water:drinker: :drinker:

Marie:heart:
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    My mom has been in and out of the hospital three times and is suppose to be sent to a rehab facility today. My father in law has also been in the hospital he is 92 and my mom is 79 so my husband and I are going thru the stage of feeling we are about to lose our parents.

Lynn, I really know what that is like! :heart: It is so hard to eat right and lose weight when you are under that much stress. I wish I had found this group of ladies and a good massuse back then, maybe I would be about 30 pounds lighter.:ohwell: Being a caregiver has its own rewards and challenges. :flowerforyou: We lost Daddy unexpectedly when he was 88 and Moma 16 months later when she was almost 91. Feel free to visit my blog: www.xanga.com/suezzzque
    Most of what we went through with Daddy and then Moma can be found there under the tag "Aging Parents"

I just finished burning calories with Bob (Biggest Loser DVD) and am heading out to get a massage. :happy: Happy Tuesday ladies!
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,
    I haven't posted in several months and haven't dieted but am returning and hopefully will see results quickly. My mom has been in and out of the hospital three times and is suppose to be sent to a rehab facility today. My father in law has also been in the hospital he is 92 and my mom is 79 so my husband and I are going thru the stage of feeling we are about to lose our parents. So with all that said I am an emotional eatter so haven't been behaving. I am going to try and get back on the healthy path of logging my food and exercise as well as reading the posts which I always fing very encouraging.
    Thanks for your time ladies,
    Lynn
    My prayers are with you. This is a tough stage of life. For our parents and for us. Both my parents are gone but my hubbys are still alive and seem to be in great health. Being in their late 70's early 80's I know the time will be coming sooner that we would like. i'll be thinking of you Lynn. Hang in there and remember to take care of yourself.
    Esther
  • Grammymax
    Options
    Even if I only drop 2 lbs a month that's still 24 lbs in a year. Looking back on my journey so far showed me that I weighed 2 lbs less in August of '08 than I do now. So the simple math is that even at a measley 2 lbs per month, I would be 20 lbs lighter - and 20 lbs healthier.
    That is a great outlook. Keep that goal in sight and you'll succeed. Any loss is a good loss!
    Esther
  • Grammymax
    Options
    Marie: Good for you. Isn't it encouraging when someone notices! That gives a person so much more motivation I think. It does me anyway.

I think I'm going to have to try this Biggest Loser DVD! I hope I don't trip over my own feet and break a leg!

Happy Tuesday.

Esther
  • Benson
    Options
    Hi again

Last night I bought my daughter Dance Dance Revolution for the Nintendo Wii for her birthday. I hope I can wait for two weeks to give it to her:laugh: I heard its so fun and I think all that dancing will be a great calorie burner and its great that its something we can do together - if she'll let me!! The best part is I only had to pay $10 out of my pocket because I had a rebate of $80 from Staples. Total bonus at this time. It will go on the downstairs tv and my goal is to hop on the elliptical while she is using the dance pad and visa versa. My daughter needs to lose probably 20 lbs but she gets her back up if I talk about exercising. The key, I've found is to play up the fun side and not the exercise angle. She will go to high school in September and I don't want her teased. She's already 5'9" and only going to be 14!

Anne - I sure hope you foot gets better soon.
    I am finding it very frustrating to finally want to move my body, only to have limitations because of physical injuries - also my workout area downstairs has been taken over by my husband's tools and stuff but I'm waging war on him as soon as we get the wii exercise/ dance thing hooked up. I think he could be a whole lot more supportive and I'm gong to stand my ground.

Take care

Heather
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    VICKI, HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

HEATHER, YOU'RE A SMART MOM TO GET YOUR DAUGHTER TO EXERCISE BY HAVING FUN. I'VE SEEN SOME MOMS TRY TO HELP THEIR KIDS BY TELLING THEM THEY NEED TO EXERCISE AND LOSE WEIGHT. KIDS RESENT IT MOST OF THE TIME. I ALWAYS WONDER WHY THE MOMS DON'T COOK HEALTHIER MEALS AND DO SOME FUN THINGS WITH THE CHILDREN, LIKE RIDE BIKES.
    NO NEED TO MENTION THE WEIGHT AT ALL, JUST SET A GOOD EXAMPLE. GOOD FOR YOU.:flowerforyou: YOU ARE SO RIGHT ABOUT HEALTH PROBLEMS STOPPING US FROM EXERCISING,IT IS FRUSTRATING. I HAVE BEEN DOING A SIT IN THE CHAIR DVD ALONG WITH MY STRETCHES AND 3 DAYS OF RESISTANCE EXERCISES. I AM GLAD TO SAY I DID LOSE 2 LBS.
    WITHOUT MY WALKING,I DID NOT KNOW IF I WOULD SEE ANY GOOD RESULTS.

LYNN, SO SORRY YOU ARE GOING THROUGH SUCH HARD TIMES WITH YOUR LOVED ONES BEING ILL. I AM TRYING MY BEST TO STOP EATING WHEN I AM SAD, STRESSED OUT, ETC. IT IS A VERY HARD HABIT TO BREAK. FOOD CAN BE A REAL COMFORT. UNFORTUNATELY, WE PAY A HIGH PRICE FOR THIS KIND OF COMFORT BY LOSING OUR GOOD HEALTH. MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.:heart:

I AM FALLING ASLEEP WHILE WRITING THIS. IT'S BEEN A LONG BUSY DAY.
    GOOD NIGHT ALL.

:heart: ANNE
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Thank you Anne, I will have a wonderful trip. We are getting ready for bed. Up at 5 am to go to airport. Congratulations on the 2 lbs. it is so motivating that you are finding different ways to work out even with your limitations and still losing. Your body knows that you mean business. Talk to you tomorrow.
    Vicki
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    I, too, am getting ready for bed but just skimmed several pages here and wanted to welcome Martha to this wonderful thread. :flowerforyou: Thank you again Esther for getting us started.
    Susan, I have to tell you I'm impressed you chose an orange over chocolate. I would have had both.:ohwell: I'll have to follow your example. You are making terrific progress.
    Marie, thanks for thinking of me. Appreciate it. I do think of all of you even if I dont't always write or mention you by name. I am just too slow.
    Barb, you made me chuckle talking about your ex and about how you found your walking shoes. Glad they showed up.
    Barbie, all the line dancing sounds great. I would love to do something like that on a regular basis. The YMCA is offering some dance-type exercise classes, Zumba and Jammin Dance, and I've been enjoying them and working up a sweat.
    I'm beat now so I'll say good night and take care.
    Zaza
  • committed
    committed Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Today was a good day:happy: :happy: Almost a stress free day - can't complain too much:smile:

Drank 80 oz. of water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: It's neat when you post over the suggested # of cups of water to see the cup over flow. Haven't seen that before. :blushing: Stayed 34 calories under my limit. :bigsmile: I decided to have a work free evening, but my BB wasn't aware of my decision.:laugh: I've continous questions for the last 3 hours. It hasn't gone off in almost an hour so maybe I'm home free for the night:laugh:

My thoughts and prayers are with all dealing with sick parents. We only have my mother left and she is in great health, but the times were rough with my dad and my husband's parents. It's very hard on everyone. I know first hand that when we pray for the sick, we should always pray for the caregivers.

I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow and drink the water :drinker: :drinker: - I plan on doing the same:bigsmile:

Nancy:heart:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Hello All,:flowerforyou:

I'm having a very hard tome getting on the computer lately. Not even to log my food. However, I am keeping track in my head. I do so miss chatting. But, I have so much on my plate lately I just don't have the energy to type.

I sure hope everyone is doing great. I sure hope I can get a chance to catch up with everyone.

I am maintaining. Not losing. I wish I could but I have been having a hard time getting regular with my exercise. I got there Monday and planning to go today. I have to say that is the #1 goal for me today
    AND the month of June.
    I got the eating down pretty much. Well, to at least maintain but my exercise is so important.

I am making that statement because this is the place I fell I can commit and get progress.

So for the month of June so far.... it has been to maintain and not gain. :flowerforyou:

Lots of ((((((Hugs))))) to everyone. Hope you can understand what I typed its early here for me. :bigsmile:

:heart: Kathy

Got to keep at it. Got to keep at it. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Kathy, it is so frustrating when you can't get the computer up and running.:explode:

I am back to work and still loopy from my medication. I have no time to get online anymore. I have been going to the gym after work, fixing dinner, driving my husband to work and then collapsing. Yesterday instead of the gym I cut the grass. I am so sorry that I have been missing all the action here. I miss all of you.:smile::heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Becky and Kathy,
    I have been missing you and am so glad that you posted this morning.

We're on the road again and will be seeing friends for the next week so I may not get back on the computer often.

Yesterday i spent the afternoon at the computer typing the notes I took at a four hour meeting on Sunday. I wanted to get them sent off so I didn't have to think about them any more.

We drove a lot yesterday and will be driving again today so there will be less exercise and more opportunity to want a snack for "entertainment".:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Big hugs to all:heart::heart: :heart:
    Barbie
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Just finished my BL workout with Bob. Sure makes me thirsty! :drinker: Now to get ready for a funeral and get out the door. It's cloudy today. Maybe we'll get some much needed rain.
  • Benson
    Options
    Morning Ladies

Its another cloudy day here.

Last night I walked for about 35 minutes during a light rain. I walked normal for about 10 minutes then I tried to go as fast as I could and found myself moving my target destination for "speed walking" farther and farther away. It was comical because I was talking out loud - kind of like my own personal trainer! "Come on Heather PUSH you can do it":laugh:

I am likely going to have to break down and get my heel looked at because it feels like a spike has been hammered up the middle of my heel.

Anne - How great that you improvise so you can still work out. Dedication is obviously the key. Woo Hoo on the two lbs. gone. Thanks also for you words about Kaitlyn. I never approach her level of fitness as a "weight" thing. Self esteem is a tricky thing for a young lady, very fleeting. We talk more about we feel physically, rather than how we look.

Vicki and Barbie - envious of your travels but sure wish you a good time and safe trip.

Have a great day

Heather
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm on again. :flowerforyou:

I have managed to eat my salad while reading. I did get to the gym. I burned 600 calories. :noway: I do go like a crazy women when I'm there. I get in the zone with my Ipod. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: So happy I went. Hope I can get there tomorrow.

My flower garden is calling me also. I have so many weeds to pull. I really have neglected them so far. However, I will get to them. My front yard is fine. But, my backyard really is :sad: :sad: :sad:

Baby showers and Wedding showers every Saturday this month. Not really my cup of tea but I have to go. :wink:

Benson YOU GO GIRL. Walking in the rain... How motivating is that.

Sue: I just love Bob from the BL. I use the Boot Camp for strength training

Anne: Sounds like you are a trooper. Be careful:heart:

Barbie: Have fun. I sure wish I was traveling.

Swiss: I hear you about getting on the computer lately. I do miss it. Great Job getting to the gym.

:flowerforyou: And to all my friends on this thread.:flowerforyou: Summer is just around the corner. We can't give up. I probably will be maintaining most of it. I love getting together with friends and family, which has food and drink surrounded by it. That is a good thing. I just do not want to look like my before picture ever again. This site will help me through it. I will not stuff my face for no reason. I will make better choices. I want to bend over and bounce back up with out a red face.

OK. I'm done

:heart: Kathy
  • Grammymax
    Options
    Hey gals,

Must be the time for clouds and rain. It's pretty cloudy here too but no rain yet.

I made it back to workout today and actually completed my workout. Monday I could only do half! I was exhausted but regained my energy quicker today. So...I'mmmmm baaaaack :laugh: It feels good to be able to move again!

Anne: Be patient friend. Hopefully you can get some insight from your doctor and good results from resting your foot.

Sue: I'm gonna HAVE TO GET that DVD. Sounds like you are enjoying it.

Kathy: Glad you are holding your own. That is so much better than falling off the wagon. The goal for all of us is to ge to the point where we just "know" what to eat and stay away from the stuff we don't. You're doing great girl.

Barbie: Have fun on your trip and I hope your friends and family will still be able to 'find you' since you've lost soooooo much weight! WOW - another size down.

Well, off to my chores. I'll check back later. Hope everyone has a great day. Stay focused!

Esther