50+ WOMEN for the month of JUNE

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

The line dance workshop yesterday was fabulous. There were several hours of open dancing and I knew a lot of the dances so I got to dance a lot. There were sessions all day with great instructors teaching new dances. There was food all day and a catered dinner in the evening. I brought my own food so the only thing I took off the food table was a hard boiled egg. During dinner I went outside and called Jake and walked around the parking lot eating my meal replacement bar and talking on my cell phone. At the end of the day my step counter said I’d “walked” over 18,000 steps and this morning my scale confirmed that I had definitely lost a pound this week.:bigsmile:

:bigsmile: Martha, welcome to the group. This is a great place to get the support and motivation you are looking for. You are so right to take this one day at a time. Each day is a new beginning. I too, thank a higher power for helping me along this journey. So far it is working very well.

:bigsmile: Vicki, you are so right about people not saying anything about all my eating bad and now they have an opinion about my eating good. Where are you going on your trip?

:bigsmile: Esther, take it slow, you’ll be back to your usual energetic self very soon. If you lived a little closer I’d invite you to a few meals and we’d have some great conversations. I never thought of drinking water through a straw but I’m going give it a try.

:bigsmile: Debbie, I like your idea about a pretty water bottle. Right now I have a clear bottle that I got at my college reunion but I’d like a pretty blue one. I’ve had good luck packing up my food ahead of time like you are doing.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: Anne----even though you have to stay down for a bit, you are still there raising everyone’s spirits. Keep it up, we all appreciate you

:bigsmile: Barb---only you can make a terrifying storm sound like a party. I’ve missed your great stories. I’m glad you found all your missing stuff and are back on the trail again. I walked more today than I had planned because the naughty dogs started chasing birds at the dog park and wouldn’t come when it was time to go home. They ran (and I walked) for 40 extra minutes before they finally wound down enough for me to capture them. Needless, to say, they’ve been asleep most of the day since then. Congratulations on losing another pound. It’s so cool how they add up.

:bigsmile: Susan, I like your idea about eating only a piece of your husband’s steak. That is the ultimate in portion control.

:bigsmile: Becky, my husband totally agrees with my rule to not accept or eat any food that I have not logged onto my food plan for the day. Nevertheless he is always offering me a bite of something he has. When I decline and start to remind him of my rule, he always tells me that he knows about it, but he offers me things out of love. So when he offers me unplanned food I smile and decline and think about how much he loves me.

:bigsmile: Lianne, I’m glad that somebody else agrees with me about weighing every day. You are so lucky to have a husband who will cook the food that you want and not expect you to eat like him. He’s a “keeper” Give those sweet little doggies extra hugs.:heart::heart:

:bigsmile: Marie
    I admire your generous spirit around your yard sale. Kindness and generosity are so healthy. Do you take your 5th wheel to RV parks or do you “dry camp” in some out of the way location? How far away from home will you travel?

:bigsmile: Nancy, you are a bundle of energy. What a mountain of accomplishments. Can you make your house a “chocolate free zone”? It helps me to keep all that naughty food out of my house.

I just finished drinking 16 ounces of water through a straw, so I think that will be a good idea. Thank you, Esther.:heart:

Good night to all,:love::love:
    Barbie
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    I am rushing to substitute teach this monring. Have had a houseful here and haven't had a chance to catch up on the thread. Will check back later. Have a good day all.
    Zaza
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    GOOD MORNING EVERYONE,

HAD A BIT OF TROUBLE FINDING THE LAST PAGE OF THIS THREAD, SO I AM NOT SURE IF I READ ALL THE NEW POSTING. HOPE TODAY FINDS YOU ALL HAPPY AND HEALTHY.:flowerforyou:

BARB, DOWN ANOTHER 1.5, EXCELLENT :flowerforyou: GLAD YOU AND YOUR SWEET LITTLE PETS ARE ALL OK. YOU CAN LIVEN UP ANY STORY. EVEN ONE ABOUT A BIG STORM.:laugh:

BECKY, MOST OF US HAVE SOMEONE THAT LOVES US SO MUCH THEY JUST CAN'T ENJOY SOME EXCELLENT FOOD WITHOUT OFFERING IT. I USUALLY SAY,"OH HOW WONDERFUL OF YOU, BUT
    YOU KNOW I AM TRYING TO LOSE SOME WEIGHT, SO MAYBE WHEN I AM AT GOAL I WILL TRY IT" . THEN I GET MY OWN MEAL. IN MY CASE IT IS MY YOUNGER SON. HE IS VERY SUPPORTIVE AND EVEN GAVE UP ICE CREAM SO IT WOULD NOT BE IN THE HOUSE TO TEMPT ME. IT'S A REAL
    CHALLENGE.:noway:

MARIE, GLAD THE SALE WAS A SUCCESS. SO NICE THAT YOU WERE ABLE TO HELP SOME FOLKS AT THE SAME TIME.:smile: KEEP THOSE COMPLIMENTS COMING. THEY REALLY MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD. I ALSO BROKE DOWN MY GOALS INTO MINI GOALS. HAVING OVER 100LBS TO LOSE, I COULD NOT HAVE DONE IT ANY OTHER WAY. IT SEEMS LIKE SUCH A HUGE MOUNTAIN TO CLIMB, BUT STEP BY STEP IT CAN BE DONE. YOU ARE DOING SO GREAT.:flowerforyou: THANKS FOR THE GOOD WISHES AND KIND WORDS.

NANCY, SORRY TO HEAR YOU HAD A ROUGH WEEK. GLAD YOU ARE BACK ON TRACK.:flowerforyou: I CAN'T HAVE CANDY IN MY HOUSE AT ALL. I EVEN TRIED WEIGHT WATCHERS CHOCOLATES IN A BAG AND PROMISED MYSELF TO EAT JUST ONE OR TWO WHEN I HAD A FEELING FOR SWEETS. I ATE THE WHOLE BAG IN ONE SHOT.:grumble: NOW I BUY ONE CANDY BAR IF I HAVE AN URGE. LATELY I DON'T. :smile: YOUR VEGETABLE GARDEN IS WONDERFUL AND ALL THOSE TOMATOES, WOW. WITH TORNADO WARNINGS EVERYWHERE,I AM GLAD WE HAD JUST A LOT OF RAIN IN FL. HOWEVER, WE COULD BE NEXT. MOTHER NATURE IS CRUEL.:explode:

BARBIE, ANOTHER POUND GONE, GREAT!:flowerforyou: YOU ARE A WINNER BECAUSE OF HOW YOU PLAN EVERYTHING. I HAVE SAID IT BEFORE AND NOW ONE MORE TIME. STRATEGY AND NOT WILLPOWER ALONE IS WHAT IS NEEDED TO SUCCEED. WHAT A GREAT EXAMPLE YOU ARE SETTING FOR EVERYONE HERE ON THIS THREAD.:heart: THANKS FOR YOUR KIND WORDS FOR ME.

ANNE
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    It is so good to hear from some of you. I miss when you do not blog.
    Anne I hope you are feeling better. You are always such an inspiration to me. I hate to see you down.
    Barbie, we are leaving Wed morn to go to Nashville Tn. We are going to attend the CMA Country music Festival. We happened upon it last year last minute and loved it. So this year we are trying to do it right. They give rain for the 1st 3 days we are there but we will not let that dampen our fun.
    While we are gone it is supposed to be beautiful weather at home. Go figure. LOL
    I will have to push myself today to get everything done. I have to cut the grass and get a few things done before we go. I let myself lie awake last night thinking of all the things i needed doing. I hate when I do that. Now I am so tired but will have to push so I dont repeat the same tonight. Anyway hope you all have a great day. Welcome to newcomers and good luck to all this day.
    Vicki
  • momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :drinker: have my water all pack up to go was call into work this morning so i wanted to say good morning to all and hope that everyone has a nice day. i am happy to say that i have gone under a lit of 217 now i now i am going the right way for two mths i have up and down 218 225 yes this is good... thank you everyone for going through this jouney with me and thank you so much for the support i have a wonderful family but they love me the way i am and i have not been happy with me for a long time.. this time it all feels right and i am lovely it i truely want to do this and i think that is why it is happening ... ok off to work.. i am a call in pca ..
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Vicki: I can relate to the laying awake thinking about all the things that need to be done before you leave on a trip. Sometimes I just get up and do 'something' instead of wasting my time lying awake in bed. Hope you have a great trip. It sounds fun.

momof10: Keep it up girl. :flowerforyou: We all need to do what's best for us because no one else can do it for us.

I'm on my way out the door so I'll check in later. Hope everyone has a great day.

Esther
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Today I CHOOSE to keep my mind focused on positive things instead of the long list of things I wish were different right now.

I weighed and measured and have shown more progress in the past week than the entire month of May! For the first time in years my boobs actually stick out further than my belly! :happy:

Gotta start drinking all that water. :drinker:
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Susan, Good for you. I really believe the water works wonders. I have always been a water drinker, but when I am being good I really drink lots of water. I can feel the difference in my body when I dont. Keep it up. It cant hurt.
    I have just finished cutting grass, hauling sand, and moving things around the yard. 90 mintues and 792 calories later, I am taking a break. I have a little yard left to mow. I usually have to wait until late afternoon cause of the sun, but it is cloudy today and pretty cool for South LA in June, so I got a lot done. After a rest and lunch I will finish. I amazes me how many calories yard work burns. I am not really a yard person. I love the finished look but dont really enjoy doing it. But for that many calories it is pretty good. Talk to you later.
    Vicki
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    I'm just the opposite. :flowerforyou: I'd rather be outside slaving in the yard than indoors. I mow on Fridays so I have all those extra calories to play with when we take the in-laws out for supper. Today I am cleaning indoors. We had a couple of VERY windy days so my entire house is covered in dirt.

I just talked to my feller on the phone to find out if he was eating out with the guys or coming home to eat healthy with me. Can you believe he picked the guys over tuna salad and fruit! :laugh:
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hey, you are all right about just sticking with it even though a few pounds show back that had been lost. I lost 2 pounds this past week and look forward to losing a few more this week. I work at the PO this week and I always lose when I work (on my feet most of the whole day). Anyway, here's a random situation: a couple of years ago I started using rubbing alcohol in place of deodorant. I got tired of my arm pits feeling like plastic from the build up of anti-perspirant! But all of a sudden, it isn't working like it has been. Maybe the change in drinking more water? Maybe something about losing weight? I f any of you have any input on this, please reply. Thanks, I really don't want to go back to commercial deodorants, but I don't like BO either!!! Thanks ahead of time!:flowerforyou:
  • momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :smile: goodafternoon just stoping to say hi i finish logging in most of my foods i am heading backto work i was ask to do a overnighter.. i don't mind my 10 year old gets to come with me so she will not have it crazy for the morning for school love debbie and family
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    I keep reading how important it is to keep changing up your workout to maximize weight loss. All I can say is YIPEE for Netflix! :happy: Last week I put Biggest Loser Bootcamp at the top of my que and it arrived today.

The-Biggest-Loser-Boot-Camp.jpg

Just finished working up a sweat to week one with Bob. I like that the workout intensifies week by week and so far it is all moves I can actually DO.. Time to drink MORE water and then hit the shower. :drinker:
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Susan: :laugh: :laugh: I liked your comment on your figure. That's the area I lose first :frown: I would like to keep my breast size and lose everywhere else :laugh: How much did you lose this last week?
    Do you have to be coordinated to do the Biggest Loser dvd? I'm not:wink:

I just finished doing 2 hours of yard work. Trimmed the black spot off my roses and sprayed them. I had gone to the gym but couldn't finish my workout because of being down all week last week and I knew I had to get my roses taken care of so only did half my workout. I'm done for the day I think! Have some letters to write and some computer work to do so that should be okay with the energy I have left :wink:

Have a great day,
    Esther
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Hi everyone

I just have a moment to say hello.

My weekend was busy and I'm totally bummed that I did all that walking at the relay and still managed to gain 3 lbs. What's up with that??? I went over on my calories a total of 438 for the whole entire weekend. We'll just blame the pending (I hope) menopause:laugh:

Hope to have more time tomorrow to catch up.

Take care

Heather
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Susan: :laugh: :laugh: I liked your comment on your figure. That's the area I lose first :frown: I would like to keep my breast size and lose everywhere else :laugh: How much did you lose this last week? Do you have to be coordinated to do the Biggest Loser DVD? I'm not:wink:

I wish I could keep my bust-line the size it is now, but alas, it too will shrink I'm sure....

I lost 4 pounds since this time last week. The only thing I did different was drink water. :drinker: It will be interesting to see if it happens again or if it was a one time thing.

And NO you don't have to be very coordinated to do the Biggest Loser Bootcamp cuz I'm not either! So far week one is mostly calisthenic type stuff with a bit of weight training thrown in.
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Another busy day but I managed to get a hour long bike ride in this afternoon and then a brisk walk this evening before the rain started:happy: . I also patrolled the yard with my dandelion eliminator and I am pleased to report that the dandelions situation is under control:laugh: The forecast is promising thunderstorms tomorrow therefore I plan on doing a super duper workout inside. Even though the scale is slowly creeping down what is important is that it is moving so I focus on the long term goal.

Barbie--Congratulations on dropping another pound:bigsmile: . Your dedication and determination is sure paying off. Your line dance workshop sounds like so much fun. No wonder you are dropping those pounds. As for your 5th wheel question, we have only dry camped but our first camping trip coming up in the next couple of weeks we are staying at a KOA. I am soooo excited about that. We will be camping with friends that also have a 5'er and camp with them often. In the fall (hopefully) when my DH retires we will be heading west two provinces for a month. Our plans are to return by way of the Montana and North Dakota. We have done this trip before but not with the trailer so this time we hope to dry camp as well as RV parks. Then even more hopefully heading south for the winter(we are strongly leaning towards Arizona) I absolutely love camping and am looking so forward to hitting the road and having new adventures:smile: I am sure that you can relate:flowerforyou:

Anne-hope you are continuing to feel better:flowerforyou:

Vicki-oh I wish I was going to the CMA Country Music Festival too:sad: . I have always wanted to go and I hope someday I actually do get to go. I will sure look forward to hearing how your trip went. Hope you have a great time.

Susan-I love the Biggest Loser Bootcamp DVD:heart: . It is my favourite workout and since starting it awhile back I can really notice how much stronger my muscles have become. Good job on challenging yourself.

Take care everyone and hope you had a great day:flowerforyou:

Marie:heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Just a quick note before heading for bed (as soon as the final load of wash comes out of the dryer).

Vicki and Esther, I have a long history of lying awake at night planning, replanning, and worrying. I do better now. I have three lists on the kitchen counter of all the last minute things that have to be done or packed and I have paper and pencil on the nightstand so if I think of something in the middle of the night I can write it down. Jake woke up at 4:10 this morning with so much on his mind that he had to get up and start tending to stuff.

I found time today to go to line dance and stop at JC Penney on the way home. I bought three new pairs of pants in a smaller size than anything I have.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Later I took the dogs to the dog park and rode the stationery bike. Jake played golf , cut the grass, and washed both cars.

We have only 125 miles to drive tomorrow so we don't have to be on the road too early. We have never dry camped in our RV. We always stay at RV parks with all the amenities. Because of our animals we like to able to use the air conditioner to be able to close all the windows and keep the dogs cool inside when we have to go somewhere. With the curtains and windows open, they would bark at everybody and everything.:laugh: :laugh:

Marie---we've been to Montana but not North Dakota. being retired and taking a long trip is a wonderful thing to do. You will love being able to do that. We always travel in the summer and i love traveling in the north.

Vicki----What a great time you'll have at the CMA Country Music festival. I love country music. I'll want to hear all about it when you get back.. have fun:bigsmile:

Susan, congratulations on your weight loss. Reading your post reminded me to get up and get another glass of water.:laugh: :laugh:

Heather---just keep on keeping on. don't let the scale discourage you. You will see results.:bigsmile:

Debbie----keep up the good planning and the positive attitude. It makes me happy reading your posts.

This was supposed to be quick and then I went on and on. It's time to put the laundry in the dryer.
    hugs to all:heart::heart: :heart:
    Barbie
  • committed
    committed Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Another exhausting day mentally - way too many requests at work and limited time to complete, but I did not get in the chocolate today:bigsmile: :bigsmile: . I substituted water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: changed up my flavors today and tried a new Crystal Light it's the Orange and tastes almost like orange juice but without all of the calories. I think after my 3-4 cups of coffe - I'll have it with my breakfast. I still brought work home to do, but I decided to work in the garden when I got home so I tilled it again and hoed the grass that I couldn't get with the tiller and watered the plants that looked a little droopy. Since I watered them it will probably rain:ohwell: :ohwell: I worked until almost dark and according to the exercise chart I burned more calories today than I consumed but I'm not hungry. I drank 80 oz. of water today :drinker: :drinker: so I'm really glad I remembered to take my blood pressure pills, one is a water pill or I would probably be a blimp in the morning.:bigsmile:

Has anyone tried the Hungry Girl cookbook? I ran across a couple of low calorie recipies for brownies and fudge that said they came from this cookbook so I ordered one. They were half price at Walmart.com and Amazon. I collect cookbooks, my husband says he wishes I would cook from them instead of reading them . He may just get his wish this time:bigsmile: :bigsmile: since I also bought two more weight loss type cookbooks- one for metabolism and I don't even remember what the other one is:ohwell:

I think I will forget working more tonight and just get beat up tomorrow. I worked until 2 last night, got up at 5 - went to work and met the 9:00 a.m. deadline and worked 9 1/2 hours. Getting too old for this:yawn: :yawn:

Vicki - I hope the weather holds out for you in Nashville - you may luck out we are having scattered thunderstorms in the forecast and hopefully they won't scatter in your direction.

Anne - I hope you're feeling better and I'm going to try and take your advice and de-chocolate :laugh: :laugh: my house. My son and grandson came over yesterday and pretty much took care of it,:bigsmile: but I just need to keep myself from having a chocolate attack. A friend from church gave me a recipe for a single serving chocolate cake you make and bake in a coffee mug - she said it was delicious, but I am determined not to try it.:bigsmile:

Off to bed:yawn:

Nancy:heart:
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    GOOD MORNING ALL,:flowerforyou:

DEBBIE, ANOTHER POUND SHOWING OF THAT TICKER, FABULOUS.:flowerforyou:

ESTHER, GLAD YOU ARE UP AND RUNNING.:flowerforyou:

HEATHER, SINCE WEIGHT GAIN DURING MENOPAUSE IS CAUSED BY SHIFTS IN HARMONES, NOT
    OVER-EATING, YOU ARE PROBABLY RIGHT. THIS CAN BE A REALLY HARD TIME TO LOSE WEIGHT,BUT I HAVE KNOWN SEVERAL WOMEN WHO HAVE DONE IT. THEY TOOK LONGER, BUT
    JUST STAYED WITH THEIR PLAN AND WON. YOU WILL DO THAT TOO.:flowerforyou:

MARIE, YOU WON THE BATTLE OF THE DANDELIONS AND NOW YOU WILL WIN THE BATTLE OF THE FAT CELLS.:smile: THANKS FOR YOUR GOOD WISHES.:flowerforyou:

SUSAN, CONGRATS ON THE 4LBS. WONDERFUL.:flowerforyou:

BARBIE, YOU ARE BECOMING QUITE THE SHOPPER. ISN'T IT FUN TO BUY THE SMALLER SIZES.:smile:

NANCY, VERY PROUD OF YOU FOR DRINKING INSTEAD OF EATING CHOCOLATES.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: NOW, FORGET ABOUT THE CAKE, DON'T MAKE IT UNTIL WAY DOWN THE LINE WHEN YOU ARE ON MAINTENANCE. THE LOW CAL BROWNIES AND FUDGE ARE THE BETTER CHOICE. BE SURE TO CUT IT UP AND KNOW THE SIZE OF THE PIECE YOU WILL ALLOW YOURSELF.
    STAY DETERMINED AND YOU WILL BE A WINNER AT WEIGHT CONTROL.:flowerforyou: THANKS FOR WISHING ME WELL.

TODAY IS MY WEIGHT WATCHERS WEIGH IN. MY FRIEND ASKED IF COULD MAKE IT AND I SAID I WILL MAKE IT IF I HAVE TO CRAWL INTO THE MEETING. :smile: I GUESS I HAVE TO SEE THE DOCTOR ABOUT THE FOOT BECAUSE IT IS NO BETTER AND REMAINS SWOLLEN. :grumble:

WISHING EVERYONE A DAY FILLED WITH RAINBOWS.

:heart: ANNE
  • l_mahloy
    l_mahloy Posts: 118
    Options
    Hello Ladies,
    I haven't posted in several months and haven't dieted but am returning and hopefully will see results quickly. My mom has been in and out of the hospital three times and is suppose to be sent to a rehab facility today. My father in law has also been in the hospital he is 92 and my mom is 79 so my husband and I are going thru the stage of feeling we are about to lose our parents. So with all that said I am an emotional eatter so haven't been behaving. I am going to try and get back on the healthy path of logging my food and exercise as well as reading the posts which I always fing very encouraging.
    Thanks for your time ladies,
    Lynn