50+ WOMEN for the month of JUNE

Options

Replies

• ellens292
    ellens292 Posts: 176
    Options
    Good suggestion, Barbie. I've noticed the divergence between am and pm, amazing.
    That chicken recipe sounds good.
    I'm working on losing the 2 lbs I gained last week, but encouraged today as I put on an outfit I couldn't wear a year ago.
    Ellen
  • momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good afternoon to everyone.. this morning was a wii yoga morning.. i am very proud of myself this is going on the fifth day i have work out a good deal. hopefully my ticker will start going down now. the past two mths it goes 220 - 218 up and down up and down this is the first week it keeps slower going to the right.. so now i am on track . ok time to make hubby lunch hope everyone has a nice afternoon love debbie and family
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    :noway: It is such a bummer when I have gained some pounds that I already lost!:( But I know I can do what I should and I can't expect to see a loss when I don't keep within my calories. I've blinked too many times this past two weeks and thought a few calories here and there wouldn't make a difference, but boy they sure do!!! It seems it is human nature to try to 'beat the system' no matter what 'system' we are talking about. I only fight against myself when I do this though...Thanks to each of you for your candid encourgement!
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
  • zaza54
    Options
    Hi-
  • zaza54
    Options
    Hi-
    I have no idea what happened there. Sorry for the repetition.
    Regarding the feta-topped chicken recipe, I did not add pepper since I don't like pepper. I did add salt. I also used Good Season Italian dresssing, made with balsamic vinegar. In addition, for the Italian spices, I used a store-bought concoction called Tuscan Herbs Mill. It really was tasty and so easy.
    Zaza
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: doodbiedoo, please do not be discouraged. I have done the same thing. What I have found is that if I gain come back it will be easier to lose the second time.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Have you noticed that my ticker has moved?:smile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Becky, you are so close to the finish line. Keep up the good work.:flowerforyou: I think it was Confucius who said that it doesn't matter how slow you go, just so you don't stop. I have shared your frustration at how slow the weight loss has been for months but you haven't given up.

We went to yoga again this afternoon and had a great workout.

the dogs had a great time at the dog park and I got to walk for 40 minutes.

We're headed out for an evening with friends.

Big hugs to all:heart::heart: :heart:
    Barbie
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement Barbie. When I get the last four pounds off I will then decide if I want to go lower or not. The last time I went down lower than that I looked bad. I have a tendency to carry all my weight in my middle area. So, I have thin legs, arms and face. When I get down to the weight that the charts say I should be, I look like death warmed over. I know that I need to get rid of the weight around my waist for my health but when I do that all my skinny extremities suffer.

I am not feeling well tonight.:sad: I think I may be having a reaction to a new medication. I am very nauseous and dizzy.:sick:
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    GOOD MORNING ALL,

MOMOF10, YOU HAVE BEEN DOING SUCH AN EXCELLENT JOB WITH EXERCISE. HAVE YOU STARTED YOUR JOURNAL? I HOPE SO. IT HELPS SO MUCH. GLAD YOU FEEL THAT YOUR
    TICKER WILL BE MOVING DOWN SOON. AS ALWAYS , WISH YOU THE BEST.:flowerforyou:

HEATHER, THANKS FOR POSTING THE RECIPE. HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR SON'S CONCERT.:happy:

BECKY, DO YOU EVER FEEL THAT WHEN OTHER PEOPLE IN THE FAMILY COOK, THE CLEANING UP IS HARDER? I CLEAN AS I COOK, BUT I HAVE CLEANED UP WHEN OTHERS DO THE COOKING AND IT TAKES FOREVER. MAYBE I AM JUST IN THE MIDST OF SLOPPY COOKS.:laugh: I THINK WE ALL YO YO AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER. I THINK IT IS WHEN THE MOTIVATION IS NOT AS STRONG. LIKE AT THE END , WHEN YOU ARE SO NEAR GOAL. ONLY 4LBS TO GO, WONDERFUL.:flowerforyou: TRY TO THINK BACK TO WHEN YOUR MOTIVATION WAS IT'S STRONGEST AND EVERY MORNING REMIND YOURSELF OF IT. OF COURSE, HEALTH CAN BE A MAJOR FACTOR. I HOPE YOU FEEL WELL TODAY. AS FOR HOW YOU LOOK AT A CERTAIN WEIGHT, ONLY YOU SHOULD DECIDE WHEN YOU ARE "THIN" ENOUGH. I KNOW THEY HAVE THE CHARTS OUT THERE, BUT SOMETIMES, THAT JUST DOES NOT WORK FOR US. THEY SAY BELLY FAT IS THE WORSE THING FOR YOUR HEALTH. WELL MY MOTHER'S FAMILY ALL HAD BELLY FAT AND LIVED INTO THE 80'S AND 90'S. THEY WERE NOT OBESE, BUT NEVER HAD FLAT STOMACHS.

MARIE, GLAD YOU ARE DONE WITH THE DENTAL WORK. THE DENTIST IS MY LEAST FAVORITE
    PLACE IN THE WORLD.:grumble: GO GET THOSE DANDELIONS. DANDELION WARRIOR! :happy:

BARBIE, I AM DRAWING A BLANK AS TO HOW WEIGHING AT NIGHT AND IN THE MORNING WORKS FOR YOU? IN WHAT WAY? I KNOW IT SHOWS THE DIFFERENCE IN WEIGHT GAIN, BUT
    IS IT GOOD FOR US TO KNOW THIS? HERE I GO WITH THE SENIOR MOMENTS AGAIN. I DON'T WANT TO MISS THE POINT. ELLEN SEEMS TO GET IT? THANKS.

ELLEN, DOESN'T IT ALWAYS FEEL GREAT TO GET INTO OUR SMALLER OUTFITS AS WE LOSE WEIGHT? YOU WILL GET RID OF THE 2LBS YOU GAINED IN NO TIME.

AS FOR ME, I GUESS I AM WALKING TOO MUCH. I HURT MY LEFT FOOT AND AM SOAKING IT AS I TYPE THIS.:explode: HOPING IT GETS BETTER ON IT'S OWN, OTHERWISE IT IS OFF TO THE DOCTOR.:angry:

HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY EVERYONE. :flowerforyou:

ANNE
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Anne:bigsmile: Staying off the scale has been difficult for me. I tried once to get on the scale only once a week and I hated it. Getting on the scale tells me two things. First, that I am not at the weight I want to be so I have to persist with my eating and exercising plan. Second, that I am making progress toward my goal and thus I should persist with my eating and exercising plan. So, if I can't stay off the scale and getting on the scale may be helpful, I tried to make it work for me. I read every day from someone who talks about gaining and losing the same pound(s) over and over again. By weighing under identical circumstances (time and clothing) every bedtime and morning and writing down the weight on a chart (actually a piece of paper next to the sink) I see that the numbers gradually go down and that my weight varies depending on the time of day (water, sodium, big bowl of cereal, elimination or lack of it are all factors) but that freaking out because of small variations doesn't help me as long as the trend is downward. Once a week I write my weight in ink on the calendar in the kitchen. I don't necessarily post the lowest weight but the lowest weight that has been most consistent. I have no idea why it makes sense to me but somehow, it is encouraging.
    I hope your foot feels better soon.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Marie---I'm glad your dental work is done. I am so grateful to have my teeth that I put up with a lot of time at the dentist, but I don't like it. Get those dandelions. I like dandelions even less than I like the dentist:laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Becky Have you explored workouts that tone your trouble spots? Jake has lost all the weight he wants to lose (our neighbor calls him "stick man") but he still has flab around the middle but he hasn't really looked for the right exercise to attack those spots. I hope you're feeling better this morning.

This will be a busy day with two line dance classes and a haircut and lunch squeezed in between. I'll try to take the dogs to the dog park late in the afternoon. It is supposed to be cooler today.:bigsmile:

Time now for water and breakfast.
    hugs to all:heart::heart:
    Barbie
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone:flowerforyou:

Becky congratulations on getting that that ticker moving. Your determination is paying off and you can be proud of yourself. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well:sick: Take care of yourself. My scale is stuck again but I am not giving up:noway: I am determined to reach my goals and you are an inspiration to us all:bigsmile:

I accomplished all my goals and then some yesterday. My new dandelion contraption works like a charm....3 big pails later I had to stop myself from going over to the neighbors and eliminating their dandelions:laugh: :laugh: I also finished cutting the grass (riding mower and push mower) planting the remainder of my flowers, laundry, made dinner, visited with company that dropped in and went for a well deserved bike ride in the evening:happy:

Needless to say I was pretty tired last nite but I felt such a sense of accomplishment. I also started compiling stuff for a yard sale that I will continue to finish today as the yard sale is tomorrow. Also on the agenda today is more laundry, cleaning, pilates workout and finding some time to just catch my breath...I am thinking curling up on the deck and read for a little bit:bigsmile: I just purchased the new book by Dr. Christiane Northrup, "The Secret Pleasures of Menopause" and I am anxious to start reading it. I have also read her other books "The Wisdom of Menopause and Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom". She is a wonderful advocate of complementary medicine and I enjoy reading her books. Has anyone else ever read them?

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and wherever/whatever you are or doing that you are doing something for yourself as well as for others:heart:

Marie:heart:
  • Happydays
    Happydays Posts: 6
    Options
    Hello to all! :happy:

This is my first week of going for "less". Less weight, less stress, less guilt,
    But then there is the More energy, more laughter, more health. :love:

I would love to join your group of wonderfully supportive people. I'm happy to start this journey but do need support. I have tried many times before and returned to the same spot on the scale or higher. :blushing:

I hope you all have a wonderful, relaxing, energizing day.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Anne, so sorry about your foot. Here is an extra flower for you.:flowerforyou: Take it easy and allow it to heal.

:flowerforyou: Barbie, I feel as you do about weighing myself. I like to do it daily that way I can caught it if I am going the wrong direction. I have several friends that I would never tell this to. One of them always yells at me to stay away from the scales. She even yelled because my doctor was weighing me every time I had an appointment.:laugh:

:flowerforyou: Happydays, I like your list of "lesses". Nice that you added stress and guilt. You are welcome to join us.

:flowerforyou: Marie, you will definantly have to share any Secret Pleasures of Menopause. :wink: I found that the best pleasure is to be done with it.

I definantly found that my new medication is causing my problems. I couldn't go to work this morning because I can hardly walk. So dizzy. I was hoping that this was because I gave blood yesterday and not because of the pills. No such luck.
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Welcome to the new ladies! :flowerforyou:

I really look forward to getting on here to see waht everyone is up to and see waht words of wisdom or encouragement I will find each day. You are really a great group of ladies. Liek someone said a few days ago, I'd love to be able to meet you all face to face.

:drinker: Guess I have been dehydrated for awhile becasue since starting the lotsa water thing on Monday, I have lost all the weight I put on last week. :happy: I also actually FEEL thirsty! :drinker: My energy level is up and I'm sleeping better too. Don't know if that has anything to do with the water or not... Maybe I've finally figured out how to lose more than a pound a week. Drink lots of water!

Yesterday morning I had my 20 month old nephew. He is at that age where he only has two speeds - on and off- I had such a blast with him! I'd be thin again if he was around all the time. Such a little dynamo.

s194348575.jpg

We had a thunderstorm last night so I just finished cleaning off the debris from teh patio. Not complaing though... we NEED the moisture. Once the grass dreis up a bit I'll do my weekly mowing/exercise.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Haven't gotten to the gym in a couple of days. Did some exercise at home in between the running around.

Just wanted to check in while I was logging my food. :bigsmile:

:heart: Kathy

DON'T GIVE UP. DON'T GIVE UP. DON'T GIVE UP.
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    HI ALL,

THUNDER STORM AGAIN HERE IN THE SUNSHINE STATE. I AM STUCK INSIDE WITH THIS DARN FOOT HURTING SO MUCH,SO I GUESS IT DOES NOT MATTER. I AM BORED TO DEATH SITTING
    AROUND LIKE THIS.

BARBIE, THANKS FOR GOING INTO DETAIL FOR ME. I APPRECIATE IT. I HAVE ALWAYS FOUND THAT I MUST GET ON THAT SCALE EVERY MORNING. IT STARTS MY HEALTHY DAY OFF RIGHT. I NEVER WEIGH AT NIGHT THOUGH. IT'S SO GREAT HOW YOU DO ALL THE THINGS THAT POINT YOU TOWARD SUCCESS. YOU KNOW WHAT HELPS AND ENCOURAGES YOU AND YOU FOLLOW YOUR INSTINCTS. WAY TO GO!:flowerforyou:

MARIE, YOU SURE ARE A BUSY BEE. I SOMETIMES WONDER HOW SO MANY OF THE PEOPLE ON MFP GAIN WEIGHT AT ALL. THEY ARE SO ACTIVE, SO BUSY. GLAD TO HEAR YOU WON'T GIVE UP.:flowerforyou: YOU ARE MORE THAN HALF WAY TO GOAL.:happy:

HAPPYDAYS, WELCOME. I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK. LESS MEANS MORE. VERY GOOD.:happy:
    LOTS OF SUPPORT HERE.

BECKY, THANKS SO MUCH, YOU ARE SO SWEET.:flowerforyou: I AM NOT GOOD AT STAYING OFF MY FEET. I AM ALREADY IRRITABLE. I LIKE YOUR THOUGHTS ON MENOPAUSE.:laugh: I'VE BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND HAVE TO SAY I WAS VERY LUCKY TO HAVE NONE OF THE "BAD" THINGS I WAS TOLD ABOUT, NOT ONE. VERY THANKFUL. CAN YOU GET OFF THAT MEDICATION:angry: WHAT A SHAME. HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON.

SUSAN, GLAD YOU HEAR YOU ARE DOING SO WELL. BY ALL MEANS, DRINK UP.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

KATHY, I KNOW YOU ARE EXTRA BUSY RIGHT NOW AND THAT YOU FEEL GREAT WHEN YOU GET TO THE GYM. HOPE YOU CAN FIT IT IN SOON. TAKE CARE.

"Happy ,sad, rich or poor, it's still better being thin, or should I say staying thin."

ANNE
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Hello Ladies

Yay its Friday!! I don't usually count down the hours but lately my schedule, both at work and at home is relentless and I'm pooped:yawn:

Another action packed weekend for me. Its the Shelter House Relay. I will be volunteering and participating with my kids in this fundraiser for the homeless. Its a fun way to give back to the community, while doing something fun with my children and friends. Another plus is that I'll be walking and walking and walking:drinker: That reminds me - pack Advil!!!

Tomorrow is weigh in day. I hope to at least lose the poundage I gained back. One of these day I will surprise myself and actually lose some fresh pounds. I'm finding that I can do great things several days in a row then BAM one bad day sends me back to where I was.:grumble: This is something I am working on and one day I will be successful. For now the good days are increasing in frequency and that's the right direction. The positive support of this thread along with the proof that it CAN be done that I see you posting about helps in a big way:heart:

Sue- What a cute little guy in your pic. I'd have a hard time giving him back:laugh:

Welcome to Happydays. I like you lesses too.

Barbiecat - I thought of you today because a customer came in to the office with his standard poodle. I'd never seen one in real life. Very handsome, tan coloured fellow.

Goals for this weekend:

Eat healthy
    Drink water
    Smile til my face hurts!!!!
    and of course housework and laundry:grumble:

Be good!!
    Heather
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I AM among the living! For a couple of days I wondered :laugh: This bug got me down harder than I thought it would. I'm starting to feel a little better finally. I haven't worked out since Monday. Maybe tomorrow morning I'll be able to get up and go again.

We had a thunder storm last night also - as well as a tornado warning. This is OREGON!!!!! Never have we had tornado warnings! Anyway, I saw the big dark cloud coming and it did look ominous. We were making our plans to hide out in the bath tub when we looked again and the funnel had gone up into the clouds before it went over us. Not without dumping tons of rain and tearing tree limbs off the trees. That's as close as I want to be to a tornado, thank you very much!

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Esther