Never realized how many Calories...

Options

Replies

• kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Also chocolate frijj milkshake. Not because of the calories but because it has over 50g of sugar! lol
  • chanson104
    Options
    I love Subway's cookies. I had no idea that there are over 200 calories in just one of them! Also the Lofthouse cookies! I use to devour them!
  • K2polo
    K2polo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just put 1/3 cup Ocean Spray Craisens in my oatmeal this morning and was shocked to se how much SUGAR was in them. Here I was thinking "I am getting fruit in my diet" and all the while hurting my chances of success. I must pay closer attention to the food nutritional info!!!
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I do not eat out. It has saved me money and pounds! If a person can not plan their meals and take some nuts or some bars with them when they leave the house their priorities need to be revisited sorry. I never leave the house without hand full of nuts or an apple or both. If I have to buy and I am out its usually a protein shake from a health store.
  • RUN2CJ
    RUN2CJ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I too am realizing how much calories I really do consume. I recently joined this site with the intentions to be real with myself and constantly step out of my comfort zone. Wow what a wake up call. Now I can see why the weight kept lingering...it's the sugar its processed in everything....
    [/quote

Who knew that WHOLE MILK was so terrible!!! I would go through a half gallon a day!!! To stay under my caloric goal all the milk hardly left ANY room for food calories!!!!
  • MMAsac
    MMAsac Posts: 191
    Options
    20 piece Chicken McNuggets, YUM!!!!!! 1030 calories later!! :( and thats without a dipping sauce!! I no longer eat them
  • chanson104
    Options
    Don't do it!!!! You may get hooked!
  • chanson104
    Options
    I have a confession......I've never tasted an oreo...............
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts - 400 calories for a 2-pack of frosted strawberry :(
    yep, i second this! No more pop tarts for me!

Exactly! This used to be my go to quick breakfast -- Not anymore!! & the other eye opener for me was Hostess apple pie at over 400 calories. So much for trying to give myself the "there's fruit in it" line -- Now I stick to the real apple for a snack. Bye Bye hostess & poptarts
  • RUN2CJ
    RUN2CJ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I loved to eat trail mix with the m&m's in it, i would eat the whole bag in one sitting, 840 calories, and i thought nuts were good for you???

Any man will tell you nuts are good for you... Helps the skin and is a good source of protein. :frown:
  • MrsP77
    Options
    Well we used to order Dominoes Pizza as a treat -with the kids on a Saturday afternoon with a movie, but we choose something else to do! I actually feel sick at the calories i consumed as i'd eat a pizza to myself... 1 or 2 slices would be my total calorie intake for a day!!!!! :noway:
  • PrincessMorticia
    PrincessMorticia Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I could honestly eat an ENTIRE package of double stuf oreo's that I would dip in milk in ONE night. Dipping them in milk makes it easy to eat a lot more than when they are dry.

2540 calories!!!!!!
  • dizsolvedgirl
    dizsolvedgirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    that a Subway 6inch sub was actually TWO servings :o

and that mayo is 100cals a tablespoon
  • cecilia0909
    cecilia0909 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I knew things where high in calories and not what I should be eating but I was floored at HOW high they were. My big ones had to be the PB&J sandwiches I would eat- at least 2.5 servings of PB and 2 of jelly....then I would eat 2-3 sandwiches. I also would buy those big things of Oreos at Costco and eat a full roll dipped in milk AFTER a huge meal. And I always bought the Reese eggs and would polish off 4-8 of them a day.

GROSS!
  • bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    hmmm, a lot...

pop tarts
    those same pillsbury cookies (really? they are probably 2 inches in diameter, 60 calories?)
    Regular ice cream
    Salad dressing
    Peanut butter/nuts (good thing)
    Clif bars
    Subway footlong double meat sandwiches
    All candy (usually 300-400 calories for about 10 seconds of eating)
    Girl scout cookies
    Cheese (like in baked ziti/stuffed shells)
    Rice
    Cereal (3/4 cup, 110 calories - that's basically a third of what I usually have in ONE bowl of cereal)
    Chiptole burrito
    Pancakes
    Cupcakes
    Muffins
    Alfredo sauce
    Pasta
    Oil
  • cecilia0909
    cecilia0909 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I grew up in a pretty health conscious household in a pretty health conscious community, so I always knew that fast food and pasta were dangerous. What surprised me the most was learning that juice usually has the same amount of calories as the same size serving of Coke. I used to limit my Coke intake to once a week, but had glass after glass of fruit juice daily!

The other big shock was avocados. Over 300 calories for something usually labelled "healthy!"

Just because something is higher in calories doesn't mean it's not healthy
  • cowsanddogsarecute
    cowsanddogsarecute Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Used to eat at McDonalds at least three times a week the same thing everytime:

two filet o fish burgers
    big mac
    double cheeseburger
    large fries
    large caramel sundae
    three large frozen cokes

3110 calories!

I would have all that food for one meal and then two hours later I would have dinner.

Can't believe what I used to do. Gross!
  • robinfish
    Options
    Wine or any kind a alcohol. It's such a part of our weekend dinner ritual, but yikes!
  • carramel0705
    carramel0705 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Pizza Hut Bread Sticks ( 10 ) and Personal pizza combo
    150 Calories per bread stick so 1500 cal + Meat lover pizza 640 cal = 2140 for 1 meal

last time i had 3 sticks and Half of a veggie pizza + salad no dressing
    450 + 280 = 730 +110 = 840
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    My vice was soda: 2L per day and Reese's PB Cups, pancakes w/syrup :( Dunkin' Donuts bagels w/saus, egg, cheese will be what I miss the most. I was downing 2 at a time once per week last summer at about 600 cal ea.. yikes.