Options

Replies

• todaysanewday
    Options
    so so so so sad. love her. may she rest in peace
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I just remember her singing the national anthem at the super bowl in 1991. Never will forget seeing that.

Another victim of drug abuse.

http://music.yahoo.com/whitney-houston/videos/view/star-spangled-banner--2153890
  • Judway
    Judway Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Not surprised at all......another "star" that pissed away their god given talent! I feel bad for her family that she put through hell over the years!

liked her music ,,BUT I agree with you
  • Shawnjay75
    Shawnjay75 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It's so sad... I always wished for her to have a huge comeback...

Same here...
  • mrrodriguez
    Options
    I really loved her before she married Bobby Brown. She couldn't overcome her addictions. It feels like John Belushi all over again.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    All the money and fame... none of that saved her. So sad, just like all the people I know who battle addictions in the regular world- such a hard fight. To all of us still here- let's be kind to ourselves ok?

And while we're at it...lets be kind to each other. Some of the nasty comments I have read (on FB and a few news sites) from people about her death: "Oh she's just a crackhead has-been who cares?" Would we say that if it were our sister, mother, friend...?

This! This right here pisses me off so much.

It's like, okay... if you don't care whatsoever, that's fine. I would never fault someone for not giving a crap. But to go out of your way to make a joke is just so tacky. That was someone's daughter.

I hope you weren't referring to my post about being kind to each other--I simply quoted a comment I saw on another site, that definitely wasn't MY comment (the crackhead remark). I hope that you didn't think I wrote that about her (or anyone else for that matter)!
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Based on what I've heard and the drugs she abused she probably died from toxins because she couldn't of been 'regular' feel for her daughter not going to pretend I'm shocked or saddened by it though
  • PRod31
    PRod31 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bummer how very sad. Rest in peace Whitney :cry:
  • yag1630
    Options
    One of the best singers of all time.........soul princess...Rest in peace.
  • mizzdivat
    mizzdivat Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am sooooooo devastated, speechless and heavy hearted for her daughter and family. What a sad situation. However, I will always remember her voice, inspiring music and talent in general. R.I.P Whitney..my prayers go out to the family.
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Truly saddened by this loss...she has provided so much songs of STRENGTH at points throughout my life...I know I'm a dude but don't shy away from acknowledging that music has a powerful effect. Can provide some healing powers and I will forever miss what Whitney gave me....my thoughts go out to her DAUGHTER more than anything....

0a5Ifk
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting!! Along with everyone, I am shocked to tears! Nam Myoho Renge Kyo, Whitney!! ...

:heart:
  • Maria_81
    Maria_81 Posts: 152
    Options
    I pulled up CNN and saw Whitney had died. I'm so shocked by this, I hoped she could somehow get through her addiction. Its so sad, I didn't even cry for Michael, but Whitney touched my heart. I hope she's at peace now...
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    We lost a TRUE LEGEND. I'm so saddened by this. Listening to "Oh Yes" as I type. Smh R.I.P Whitney
  • stuey39
    stuey39 Posts: 159
    Options
    WTF! Not my type of music but a legend all the same and an inspiration to millions i suspect. Tragic.
  • lissalawson
    lissalawson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So sad..I cannot believe it. We must take control of ourselves.
  • Mongoose7
    Options
    Not surprised at all......another "star" that pissed away their god given talent! I feel bad for her family that she put through hell over the years!

I totally agree with this
  • anyonebutmehaha
    Options
    i hope you are finally at peace whitney.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    ALL RUMORS... PER ABC: NEWS:drinker:
    Whitney Houston's rep issued a shocked denial today to counter reports that the singer/actress has died

In a statement, her publicist, Nancy Seltzer, said, "I've just spoken to Whitney. She is perfectly fine and does not understand why, with everything going on in the world right now, they have to find new rumors to dig up. She is home in New Jersey with her family."

this was true in Sept, 2001.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=102477&page=1#.TzgknbTrHOQ

TIRED of hearing so many *ASSUME* it was drug-related- when NO autopsy results have even been completed.
    and, *IF* by chance it is, does that make it any *LESS* tragic? She leaves behind people whom loved her and
    that IS a tragedy.
    Just sick of all the people on their *HIGH* horses.
  • allybally6
    allybally6 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    RIP Whitney! She was an amazing talent and will be missed.