Negativity....I literally want to strangle someone!!

Options

Replies

• swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    There is a defriend option for the haters.

Since I dropped 72 pounds, went vegetarian and began lifting I have been shocked at how many supposed friends are so negative!

I dont have time for emotional vampires and depressing people in my life. They went buh-bye

And you look fooking awesome!
  • shine_
    shine_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Unfriend them, they don't sound like friends! You look fantastic! Congratulations!
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options

Time to utilize that "unfriend" button.

This^^^ you are doing awesome. You don't need folks like that!
  • rachelmarie1
    rachelmarie1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    awww... Im so sorry people were being mean. They suck! And to be honest, I would delete them from my facebook friend list because they aren't very good friends. When i first got fb i had like 400 "friends", then one day I went through and deleted about 360 people... took me an hour... but I didn't talk to must of them on a regular basis. Just bc I went to school with them, used to hangout, or met them through other people didnt mean they deserved to see my personal info now. Now, I have about 60 people on my friends list and if I post something Happy or Sad they are supportive in an appropriate way. Good Luck sweety!! :flowerforyou: And I think you look great, so CONGRATULATIONS!
  • reneeileen
    reneeileen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Haters.jpg
  • cryspetstalerson
    Options
    You look REALLY good, and they are hating because they know they don't or they are jealous that you look as good as you do. I hate when people make comments like that. I post things here and there. I have had family make comments more than friends, and I can't really delete family. So I block them from my statuses. Mostly my cousin. I had posted about wanting to lose weight before having another baby, and she told me that you should lose weight after the pregnancy, and not before. I explained I had medical issues from being obese and she told me I explained too much...

Bottom line is, people will always find something to ridicule you for. No matter what you say or post. I stick to being on here mostly. FB drags me down and depresses me too much.
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    People are jealous, but I'll tell you the best solution for that, it works like a charm.

When someone comes with comments like that on Facebook... DELETE THEM
    When someone comes with comments like that face to face... Tell them you're thankful for letting you know the truth behind their "friendship" and how jealousy is a *****. Turn your back and cut communications with them.

Whoever appreciates and values what you've accomplished we'll come to you, celebrate you and admire you. Probably even use you as inspiration. Those who don't, they don't need to be part of your life.
  • chameleon73
    chameleon73 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    There's always one (or two, or ten) who are unhappy with themselves so they try to bring down anyone who is doing what they know they should be doing, but aren't. You look fantastic!!!!! And you every right to be proud and show that to the world. I agree with everyone else. Unfriend them!
  • jpmill79
    jpmill79 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You know what. People piss me off!!

I posted the below photo on my Facebook (yeahhh showing off I know) ... and I get some ****ty comments!

me-1.jpg

'Its amazing what you can do on photoshop these days' HONESTLY - can someone not just lose weight and muscle up a bit and it be natural?

ALSO I was reading a thread on here with motivational photos - and there was one that said 'Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...' so I put that as my status - and I get 'Oh, posting anorexic slogans now are we' I am FARRR from anorexic.

People need to be educated.

Rant Over!! (sorry guys!!)

• sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I agree that they are just jealous. Ignore them! You look fabulous! Good for you!
  • Mera_Mera
    Options
    IMO, you look great! I'm sorry that there are people out there that are so negative. You look beautiful and I commend you for taking care of yourself!
  • hyperkate
    hyperkate Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You look aammmaaazing! BUT "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" is a bit of an anorexic slogan. I have fallen down the thinspo rabbit hole on tumblr many times and it's one of the pro-ana battle cries. Also, the originator of that statement was Kate Moss.

ALSO I can think of like 500 different things that taste as good as skinny feels. Not even just chocolate and speculoos and mounds bars. What about blackberries? Carrots? all food all the time. I'm not trying to be negative, just pointing out that it does sound a bit extreme. I've lost weight by eating lots of good, healthy, delicious food, not by denying myself.

I don't deny myself anything! If I wanna eat it, Im gonna eat it (as long as I stay in my calories) People have told me that I am obsessive about it, but to be completely honest - If I didnt obsess about it - then how am I supposed to keep on track. If I did all of this half-hearted - I wouldn't have lost nearly 2 stone!

That saying tells me that if I am going to eat a big chocolate cake and keep eating it then I am not going to be thin. Which is bloody true! And I wont feel good. I feel better eating some stuff that isnt so 'satisfying' and looking the way I do!!

:-) x

I get the same but not coz I post pictures but because I post about my running! Well I don't get slated but people say I am boring now! I just love this quote

If someone has something bad to say about you, it's probably because they have nothing good to say about themselves.

Stick with it coz you look great and ignore those ugly green eyed monsters, they just wish they could do as well as you
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Do you believe that your friends are a reflection of you?

Some women are so vindictive towards one another!
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much guys - I feel a lot better about it now :-)

I do understand that is does look a little pro-ana now (just because they aren't mfp'ers and so they don't see this motivational stuff all of the time) But I hope it is understood that I never meant it in that way!

xx

You look great; my suggestion is to ignore the haters! Facebook is more social than motivational, so for support, I would stick with MFP over FB any day!

And, I changed the wording on the quote some time ago on my page ~ it now reads "NOTHING tastes as good as HEALTHY feels". I think it reflects my mindset a lot better than the original quote! :flowerforyou:
  • EvEboEvie
    EvEboEvie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I do NOT post ANYTHING from this site on my FB. It is none of their business. I am only friends on this site with positive, committed people who get what I am trying to do without judgement or negative input. I reccomend the same to you.
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You cant worry about them just keep up the hard work
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have some jealous people on your friends list. I'd delete them. Those are not friends.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Well OP... you're hot. When you're hot, you're going to get things. When you get things because you're hot, people are going to get pissy who aren't hot because they don't think it's fair.

Keep on doing what you're doing. It's obviously working very well. If negative people are throwing comments at you that are derogatory... get rid of them. They aren't your friends.
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Me too, I now limit myself to an hour a day on Facebook...too much drama (especially since it's an election year). I had someone unfriend me on Facebook because she thought it was not okay for me to eat an occasional Smart one. Whatever..
    I've stopped going on facebook as much as I used to and am careful about what I put for my status. If you do anything about health and fitness someone will always try and knock you down. Ignore the catty comments, they're obviously jealous of your fabulous figure. You look amazing, well done x
  • VintageDisaster
    Options
    You know what. People piss me off!!

I posted the below photo on my Facebook (yeahhh showing off I know) ... and I get some ****ty comments!

me-1.jpg

'Its amazing what you can do on photoshop these days' HONESTLY - can someone not just lose weight and muscle up a bit and it be natural?

ALSO I was reading a thread on here with motivational photos - and there was one that said 'Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...' so I put that as my status - and I get 'Oh, posting anorexic slogans now are we' I am FARRR from anorexic.

People need to be educated.

Rant Over!! (sorry guys!!)

This.

And this is also why I don't talk about my weight loss journey on Facebook. Only to the close people in my life.