5'10'' whats your goal weight???

Options
13»

Replies

• amykingsley1
    amykingsley1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10. Weight maxed out at 189, size 14 almost needing a 16 last march so I decided I needed to do something.

My original goal was simply to eat healthier, and I dropped about 10-12 lbs before I started on MFP. My goal then was to get under 160, which I did as of last august.

My current weight is 14, I have been wearing a size 10 but I think I need to go down to an 8. My final goal is 140 lbs but if I don't get down that low I'm happy, I would like to shave a little more fat from my tummy and thighs and add some muscle to my core and butt. I'm kind of oddly framed- my limbs are more of a fine bone structure, with a bigger ribcage and hips. You can actually see ribs on me right now :s but I still have love handles... just because of how barrel chested I am for a woman.

I have also been told I'm too skinny but I know I'm not... I tend to lose a lot in my face and arms and you can see my collarbone pretty distinctly... but the people who say I'm too skinny don't see me without clothes on either.
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Height is not the only deciding factor. What is your frame size? You can find out my measuring the circumference of your wrist. My height is 5' 7" and my goal weight is below 230. Ideally...near 190, but you get the point.

Hi, I've never heard of measuring frame size; always thought it was just some sort of ambiguous term, haha. I'd really like to know more about it. I'm 5'9-5'10", 145lbs, and just measured my wrist circumference: 6". What do I do with this measurement to find my frame size? Thanks!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Height is not the only deciding factor. What is your frame size? You can find out my measuring the circumference of your wrist. My height is 5' 7" and my goal weight is below 230. Ideally...near 190, but you get the point.

Hi, I've never heard of measuring frame size; always thought it was just some sort of ambiguous term, haha. I'd really like to know more about it. I'm 5'9-5'10", 145lbs, and just measured my wrist circumference: 6". What do I do with this measurement to find my frame size? Thanks!
    http://www.am-i-fat.com/body_frame_size.html

Based on this, you have a small frame.
  • lilibean01
    lilibean01 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and my goal weight is anywhere between 160 and 170. It depends on the amount of muscle mass as I get more into my distance running. My current weight is 199 and I want to cut weight for health as well as ease/speed in my running. But having been an athlete in my high school & college years, I know that I can pack a lot of strength & muscle in at 170 but still look like I weigh 150.
  • neversaynever7891
    Options
    I'm 5'10, my current weight is 201 and my goal weight is 146
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Cool, thanks Corylda :)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and I was 148.4 as of this morning. My goal weight is 135. I have kind of a small frame... I have been really thin my whole life except in the last couple of years. I have lost about 10 pounds so far and have about 14 left.

I am ultimately more concerned with how I look than what the scale says so if I get down to 140 or something and think I look good I might stop. But as of right now my goal is 135.
  • lilibean01
    lilibean01 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Dang it!!! Based on this I have a small frame. So much for using the old excuse that I'm just a big-framed girl! LOL :laugh:

http://www.am-i-fat.com/body_frame_size.html

Based on this, you have a small frame.
  • kdclubb
    Options
    I'm 22 and about 5'9" currently at 150 with a goal of 130-135
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    5'10" Going for 150-155.....I'm 46.
  • lexidell46
    Options
    I am 50 yrs old I am 5'2" and starting out at 255 lbs. My goal is 144 lbs.I am going to get my 7 month grandson and want to be able to keep up with him.
  • jennied314
    jennied314 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10. My current goal is healthy, so 174. But I think when I get there I'll be ready to lose more and get tone. I have long a road ahead of me though.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!