If someone called you attractive

Options

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I had a guy's wife do that yesterday as she ran her hand over my chest - right in front of him.
    And she looked at her humiliated husband, saying, "maybe this could rub off on you?"

I felt great for me - bad for him.
    What a poor *kitten*. That must have stung.

Anyway, I tend to laugh when people compliment me because I simply don't believe it >.>

yep same here. it's rare for me but it has happened. the laughing thing not the chest thing. just wanted to clear that up
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I know people are sincere and it is very nice.
    It is still hard for me to believe it myself but working on that.
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    I'd thank them profusely while giving their seeing eye dog a good ear scratch. :glasses:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Would you take that as a compliment or just average.

I'm hoping your question has to do with the use of the word "attractive," as opposed to some other word like "hot" or "pretty" or "beautiful." Otherwise, I'm not sure why you would think being called attractive means you are average-looking.

Don't overanalyze the choice of adjective someone uses to describe you. Being called "attractive" is generally considered to be a good thing. Just go with it.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I'd blush and run away. :P
  • jamesdelong
    jamesdelong Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I would definitely say it was a compliment. Just like jq2122 said, it's different than hot or pretty. I never called anyone other than a person I was dating/courting hot or pretty but if I found them good looking I would throw an occasional flirt out there letting them know I found her attractive.
  • MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I [would] definitely think they were making fun of me.

Why? those things are hard to say, I wouldn't use that to describe someone I don't find attractive. And attractive is the best compliment someone could get, because after all, is not beauty what rules the world of mating, but attraction :D
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Would you take that as a compliment or just average.

I'd think they need glasses!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    why wouldnt it be a compliment?
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    Shan

i meant it ;)
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    If it were from my crush, I'd take it as a compliment but I rather be told I'm "hot" or "sexy" from someone I'm romantically interested in...
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Yah totally!!!
    That's how we all should roll
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    its good to be given a compliment. It feels good when strangers compliment me on how good i look on the heavy bag, or how good my shape it.

I do like it when hot girls say i am hot though (i won't lie)
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    If someone is having a down or sad day, complimenting and saying kind words can probably lift up that person's spirits and esteem. It's nice to compliment others. Helps with the low self esteem... If someone tells me that, it definitely helps build my confidence in a good way since I lacked it all my life.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Being attractive doesn't mean having an 8 pack, it's all about being confident :smokin:
  • mae1020
    mae1020 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'd take it as a compliment!
  • BritFitB
    BritFitB Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time taking compliments. I'm never focused on what others think of me, so it always catches me off guard!
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Average...I guess... and then sit wondering if they really meant it. i was ridiculed as a child/teenager, so I unfortunately I have very low self-esteem. Trying to work on it though.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    If someone is having a down or sad day, complimenting and saying kind words can probably lift up that person's spirits and esteem. It's nice to compliment others. Helps with the low self esteem... If someone tells me that, it definitely helps build my confidence in a good way since I lacked it all my life.

aw :flowerforyou:
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Compliment definitely!