there are cupcakes...

Options
in the office. red velvet with cream cheese frosting. two dozen of them.

and i don't want one.

::sitting on hands::

::i don't want one::

meh.

Replies

• zebedee44
    Options
    :devil: go on....you know you want to

:noway: stepping away from the cupcakes....................
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Be strong!
  • techigirl78
    techigirl78 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I don't really restrict myself all that much. If it was me and I wanted it, I would probably go cut one in quarters and eat my smaller portion.
  • HealthyAlison
    HealthyAlison Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    red velvet with cream cheese frosting...those are so digusting. Really they are. I can't believe you'd think of eating that! :noway:
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Sorry they sound so good. I am weak but you are strong! Go for a little walk. It will help.
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I don't really restrict myself all that much. If it was me and I wanted it, I would probably go cut one in quarters and eat my smaller portion.

ok, i took a quarter of it. it was divine and i feel better. i wonder what the calories are for a1/4 of a cupcake. ;)
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    "Ew, seriously? So gross." (GEICO commercial) :tongue:
  • emaildianeb
    emaildianeb Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    you did good by only eating a quarter of it. what I do is I try to imagine who made the dessert, and if i can imagine them with dirty hands or little kids that stick their fingers in the mix, etc. then I can gross myself out enough to not take one. I'm crazy, I know.
  • MrUgly
    MrUgly Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. Today is the 2nd Annual Bake-Off. As soon as I figure out how, I will post a picture of our lunchroom, with a list of what they have.

I think they enjoy taunting me.

A list:
    Ricotta Cheese Cookies
    Raspberry Bars
    Red Velvet Cupcakes
    Honey Nut Cake Bar
    Gooey Bars
    Sweet Potato Meringue Pie
    Berry Cheesecake
    Triple Chocolate Mousse
    Peach Cobbler
    Chocolate Creme Brulee
    Almond Tres Leche Cake
    Molasses Cake

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb111/MrUgly72/IMAG0002.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb111/MrUgly72/IMAG0003-1.jpg

Ok, no idea how to embed a picture. Anyway..
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    no reason to restrict yourself completely. Great job only having 1/4 of it! I had a deliciously wonderful caramel bar of some kind that someone brought in for birthdays today. It was wonderful, but will not ruin the rest of my day.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Admit that you want the cupcake, but look at it rationally. Is it worth skipping all the yummy calories you can have later today if you abstain now? Are you the kind of person who could take one, but only eat half and save the rest for tomorrow?

Look at every bite as a decision. Is it worth it? Sometimes it is, but often it just isn't.
  • lleabrooks
    lleabrooks Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    you did good by only eating a quarter of it. what I do is I try to imagine who made the dessert, and if i can imagine them with dirty hands or little kids that stick their fingers in the mix, etc. then I can gross myself out enough to not take one. I'm crazy, I know.

LOL- You're not crazy- I do the same thing. :wink:
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options

omg, amazing tactic!!!! totally trying this one!!!
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. Today is the 2nd Annual Bake-Off. As soon as I figure out how, I will post a picture of our lunchroom, with a list of what they have.

I think they enjoy taunting me.

A list:
    Ricotta Cheese Cookies
    Raspberry Bars
    Red Velvet Cupcakes
    Honey Nut Cake Bar
    Gooey Bars
    Sweet Potato Meringue Pie
    Berry Cheesecake
    Triple Chocolate Mousse
    Peach Cobbler
    Chocolate Creme Brulee
    Almond Tres Leche Cake
    Molasses Cake

[img]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb111/MrUgly72/IMAG0002.jpg[img/] Ok, no idea how to embed a picture. Anyway..[/img]
  • LadyBuell
    Options
    There is an Angel Food cake with either cream cheese frosting or whipped cream frosting in the break room and I have to walk by it every time I go to the restroom. Which is a lot given the amount of water I have been drinking. So far I have resisted. I am about to make another trip and hopefully there won't be any left.
  • Ambamm77
    Options
    I'm of the thought that if you deprive yourself you will binge later. I'm glad you ate a little. Now I want a cupcake...Thanks :wink:
  • judy20in2011
    judy20in2011 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    "Ew, seriously? So gross." (GEICO commercial) :tongue:

Ha, ha! Love that!
  • HealthyAlison
    HealthyAlison Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Someone beat me to it! I was going to say that someone probably sneezed on them.

Was it as tasty as it sounds? You know someone else was hoping they could just take half or a quarter but was to chicken to cut it. You did them a favor!
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I have people bring crap like that in all the time to the office. Im glad they do, makes it easier to avoid it.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    you can have one. or go cut one in half. thats a nice way of treating yourself, but also giving yourself a limit.