Guy Question about workout side effects

Options

Replies

• MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    ok at this point i have to ask that all ladies in the thread please stop trying to use sports acronyms.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Jumping in where I don't belong...

Any other ladies now desperate to get their SO to the gym after reading this? :blushing:

YES!
  • aprilshowers262
    aprilshowers262 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Clearly the gym is where one should go to pick up.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I know that i get more warm up laps in, I'm in and out of the pit faster and I'm more consistent at the finish line. had to get some Nascar references in...Hey, racing is a sport.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    My only concern is that my mitt got smaller when I got fit, so although part of me really wants my husband to work out to get some of the benefits, another part of me worries that I might not be able to catch quite as comfortably if he increases the length of the innings or number of at-bats.

It's important to oil your mitt, to help break it in.

LMAO!
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I'm convinced I inherited "him" from some kenyan from a previous life not because of size or color, but stamina. It seems he only wants a 800k race or more and I'm ok with that.

The most improvement for me has been in two examples I will cite here:

1) When wearing an HRM, it's amazing how focused you can be on watching that number grow which has a terrific side benefit. I highly recommend trying it

2) improving my overall shape has positively increased my ability to assume the upward dog position relishing the shoulder burn and the flexibility improvements allow for positions I've been unable to do since that awkward co-ed 6th grade game of Twister which ended abruptly when something popped up on a female friends arm

Ps. "him"= penis
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I have enjoyed playing more games recently as well...however, the wife is still against video replay to review all scoring drives!!! I don't think more gym time is going to change that!!
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Are any guys afraid to score while their girl is in the red zone?
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I normally just lay there and pretend to enjoy myself. Now I actually get on top and participate.

Best. Line. Ever.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

I find that red zone scoring tends to cause equipment malfunctions. At least for me.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options

that defense has never stopped a scoring drive of mine
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not finding a strong red zone defense, its the ability of the offense to put it together to drive it home.
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have noticed a considerable difference between the over weight me and the shredded me. I am now in full control of the boat! I complete marathon sessions rather than short sprints. I am also surprised at how quickly the reload process takes now. Seems the ammo is limitless as long as there is plenty of water to rehydrate.
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    cardio = high pulse, high pulse = lots of blood flow, lots of blood flow = hard/stronger/longer. i.e. girls use this to get your guys to workout and then take advantage!
  • tataliciousd89
    Options

Any other ladies now desperate to get their SO to the gym after reading this? :blushing:
    Sadly I don't have one right now, but now I know I'm gonna start cruising the gym for the next one.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

I'm generally not one who's going to push a drive too hard if the defense is heavy in the red zone. Try for a field goal?

If you find you still need the 7 you can always break out the Terrible Towel.

DISCLAIMER: Any one actually using an official Terrible Towel in such a fashion is more of a monster than Hitler.
  • tataliciousd89
    Options

I'm generally not one who's going to push a drive too hard if the defense is heavy in the red zone. Try for a field goal?

DISCLAIMER: Any one actually using an official Terrible Towel in such a fashion is more of a monster than Hitler.
    ROTFL, seriously I'm like crying, I'm laughing do hard.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options

I am just desperate to get a SO after reading this!!!!!! LOL
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

ROTFL, seriously I'm like crying, I'm laughing do hard.
    Same here, and I'm at work, so I really SHOULD NOT be laughing at (or even reading) this. Also, I have never been more thankful that the red zone is no longer applicable for me.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options

Sadly I don't have one right now, but now I know I'm gonna start cruising the gym for the next one.

Ditto. Maybe wearing something a little more form-fitting will help with recruiting. :bigsmile: