Calling all small chested women...

Options

Replies

• JHawkins7
    Options
    Ahh biggest frustration... Since I was about 14 I've always been well endowed and had a 34/36D. After I gave birth and breast fed, there was no immediate change. After I dropped weight and got down to 135, my boobs took a beating :( I haven't even bought a new bra in the last year beause I've been so devasted. Although when I was V.S. the other day getting something special for my husband on V-day, I fit into a 34B!!!

It's not always that more is beter but when you're used to having something and it's gone, it makes a big difference. For men who are trying to understand this, I think the only comprable thing is when a man loses his hair. So imagine how that feels for men, it's the same thing for women who lose their boobs during weight loss. IT SUCKS!!! Maybe we can find a plastic surgeon who will sponsor MFP and help us girls (and our "girls") out!!
  • CharityPearce
    Options
    I am totally losing mine, also. I take comfort in the fact that there are some beautiful stars (Kate Hudson comes to mind) who are small chested and don't seem to mind at all. I'm pretty sure that when I reach my goal weight I'll quit wearing a bra for the most part. Last time I was at the weight I want to be, I could've, but I was obsessed with looking bigger so I always wore a push-up. I planned at that point to get new ones, but now I'm glad I didn't.

P.S. My very good male friend (ok, so he's gay, whatever) told me that the nipple/areola are the sexiest part anyway, so that always makes me feel good. Hehe.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I look like a 12 year old girl after breastfeeding all 3 of my babies and losing all my weight. At times I talk about a boob job and feel not-so-sexy when my husband looks at bigger chests. Then sometimes I think-oh well, the rest of my body looks pretty damn good for having 3 babies. Who cares what he thinks or any one else. Ill stick to the push up or add a cup bras!! Just depends on if u go by your perspective or what u think others *like*. But yeah I've been there, thought that too
  • jsflare
    Options
    I am so scared that when I lose another 40+ lbs I will lose what I have of my boobs. I'm 5'6'' and a B cupish. I was hoping some people could provide success stories that are small chested too, so I don't feel so bad about myself haha. I've lost 15 lbs already, but I still have 69 lbs to go, so they haven't changed much.

Please, help a girl out.

Victoria's secret will have to become your best friend!!! They have awesome bras and bras that make you look 2 cups sizes bigger, they are spendy but in my mind worth it, its the only kind of bra I wear!! Even when i was big chested, I used to be 38 D to a DD, now a B cup, its sad.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    ladies men dont care how big or small they are ..... just sayin

Boobs are boobs.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    D to B, and happier for it, though I've noticed that books I carry in the rain get more damp now than they did before.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Please don't take this the wrong way...

But not all of us guys are all about a large chest.

Just saying.....:glasses:

He's right... quality men value a variety of body shapes.

I came in here just to say this too. Don't worry about it so much. If your man is gonna leave because you've gotten fit and lost a bit of your chest, then I say you should kick him out now and get it over with, he's not worth it. If you're worried about not attracting a man because of it, then you shouldn't - think of it as a way to weed out the superficial.

I'd much rather whatever my wife has than any fake ones... Gross. Don't do it... Unless your job depends on it. Then maybe change careers.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I worry about how much of my twins I will lose, but not much. The way I see it is, my goal weight is set to a higher amount than when I hit this height at my healthiest. I just think of how when I was at my "uber goal weight" of 215, I still had DDDs, so I can theorize that that was my "natural and healthy" breast size, what developed from hormones and genetics and not from weight gain. I guess the question is, can you remember being at your goal weight before? If so, did you have B cups then? If so, odds are you won't really lose them. If you were flat chested (which is rarely the case, gaining weight doesn't sprout boobs, it just adds to what you already have) then you can safely bet you will be again. If not, I wouldn't worry so much.

There is a little merit to the idea of working the pectorals to sustain fuller, perkier breasts. I would say, if you notice them "deflating" add some chest developement to you routine.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Well, no hope to offer, but sympathy and to let you know it could be worse. At my heaviest of near 250 I would have still worn an A cup if they had made them with bands large enough. Now if I measure properly, theoretically I should wear something like a 42AA. Of course, that size doesn't actually exist... So I end up wearing stretchy, bra-like undergarments for work where I feel socially obligated to wear something. Otherwise I just don't bother to wear anything resembling a bra.

I don't need huge boobs, but I'd really like to be more proportionate. It's awful trying to find clothing that works other than plain knit T-shirts and some sweaters.

Also, there seem to be lots of small chested ladies here, so if anyone knows where to get really odd sized bras, please share.
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have always been small chested and thought I wanted biggeto be bigger until now. I had a baby in November,they are huge and I dont like them. They make me feel fat. They giggle all over the place and I can't wait for them to go back to normal. Who really cares how big your chest is. If you are in shape then it doesnt really matter anyway.

I felt the same way after I had my daughter. When they got big, I thought I looked fat. So glad they finally went away!
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Don't worry girl! It is nice to have small and perky boobs on a small and fit body. Three years ago I lost 20 pounds and my cup B remained cup B, while all of me became two sizes smaller. Unfortunately, I lost them all too fast, so I gained all that weight back. Hopefully, this time it will be different, with the help of my fitness pal!:flowerforyou:
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    being healthy and in shape is more important than having big boobies. and B cup is NOT small, stop being filled with the stupid lies that society tells you. Be healthy, and appreciate you healthy body instead of being vain. Plus small boobs look better than saggy big ones when you get older.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    As I gained 40 lbs, I went from an A to a B. As I've lost 35 of the 40, I've gone back to an A. I don't find that to be a problem, especially since I'm starting to run again. A small chest doesn't bounce as much as a larger chest. My husband's very happy with the compact me. I'm happy to have my little A's back. :smile:
  • tudorchick723
    Options
    Yeah, I am a little worried about that too. I've been a small B throughout high school and college so far. I want to lose only about 10-15 pounds so I really hope my butt goes before my boobs. :P
  • mommasamfa
    mommasamfa Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I guess I need to reiterate what I meant. I have a small chest, I've been had abusers in my life that told me no one would find me attractive until I had larger boobs and a smaller tummy. This is NOT why I'm asking this question, but why I feel that men don't find small chests attractive.
    I am worried that if I lose anything from my breasts I will not be able to look the way I want because they will sag. I have no idea what they were before I gained weight because I haven't been under 160lbs since I was in 6th grade, before I got boobs. This is not something superficial, but something I was just wondering as a comfort thing. I still have no idea what someone may or may not look like after a large weight loss transition, I'm a visual person.
  • jillyt85
    jillyt85 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Before I gained I was a small B. There was no sagging and I was told that I had the most perfect breasts. Now, I am almost a C. I hate it, as now they sag. That is so gross. I used to envy large breasted women, now I feel bad for them. If you are really self conscious get implants. If I was young and sagged I would get a lift.

I'm not trying to get into an argument, but this is kind of hurtful. I have always been large breasted. At the age of 14, I went from an A cup to a D cup in one summer. I was actually thin when this happened so it wasn't from weight gain. It happened so fast that my skin didn't have time to adjust and they've always been "saggy" bc of it. I've struggled my whole life with this and been very self conscious of it because young girls are supposed to have perky breasts. I'm just now starting to appreciate my body for what it is, but comments like this don't help. Women with big breasts that sag can't help it just like women with small breasts can't help that they're small. We are all beautiful, so let's try not to put others down. Be happy that you don't have the back pain I do, but don't put large breasts down for sagging. One day we will all sag everywhere so let's just be nice.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Agreed. There's no such thing as bad boobies.
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    For those folks who are expressing discomfort with the way their boobs look, there's a project online called the "Everyday Breasts Project" or something like that, on a community I used to visit called vaginapagina. I can't Google for the exact link here at work, but it's basically a project where normal, everyday women send in pictures of their breasts. The idea is that we have a completely wonky idea of what breasts should look like thanks to the media, and it's sometimes helpful for us to be reminded of what real, un-photoshopped breasts look like. Big, small, uneven, saggy, perky, close together, far apart...all are normal. Highly recommend looking it up if you are uncomfortable in your skin and need a dose of reality. They have them for other body parts, too (butt, private parts, etc.), and it's super reassuring!

It's so important to love what you have and be comfortable in your skin. As another person mentioned above, the fact that they are healthy is what is truly important.
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I guess I need to reiterate what I meant. I have a small chest, I've been had abusers in my life that told me no one would find me attractive until I had larger boobs and a smaller tummy. This is NOT why I'm asking this question, but why I feel that men don't find small chests attractive.
    I am worried that if I lose anything from my breasts I will not be able to look the way I want because they will sag. I have no idea what they were before I gained weight because I haven't been under 160lbs since I was in 6th grade, before I got boobs. This is not something superficial, but something I was just wondering as a comfort thing. I still have no idea what someone may or may not look like after a large weight loss transition, I'm a visual person.

I didnt' think you were asking because of superficiality the first time, but I thought you were looking for positives of being "small chested" As for sagging, I went from a B to a full C and back down to a barely B. Not gonna lie, they aren't perky, but they still look good and with the right bra, they look great! I think if you loose your weight slow and steady your skin should be able to bounce right back and they'll be great!
  • mommasamfa
    mommasamfa Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I didnt' think you were asking because of superficiality the first time, but I thought you were looking for positives of being "small chested" As for sagging, I went from a B to a full C and back down to a barely B. Not gonna lie, they aren't perky, but they still look good and with the right bra, they look great! I think if you loose your weight slow and steady your skin should be able to bounce right back and they'll be great!

I don't want to have just flaps of skin hanging there, I'm worried about this with my stomach as well. I don't have very good elasticity in my skin, they're already a little droopy. I'm not worried about clothed so much, but I don't want to lose every bit of confidence when I get naked in front of someone for the first time and I've just got to flaps of skin where my boobs used to be. Like someone deflated them.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!