I don't make friends easily...

Options

Replies

• ADM1979
    ADM1979 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am like you. I don't have many "girlfriend" because I could careless about gossiping and shopping. In fact, I HATE to shop. Always have. I can count my closest friends on one hand. And I am okay with that. However, I don't think it matter the number of friends you have. I think it matters about how close you are to that person.

I think we could be great friends!!

P.S. I don't even have conversations with a lot of the ladies I work with b/c we do not have cable tv. I don't have the time to sit and watch it so why pay for it. I like to fish, garden, and cook and these ladies I work with think I am crazy. :)
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    OP, I sent you an add request.

All the posts in this thread hit home. I'm friendly, get along with people well...but somehow it just never gets deeper than that. I think because of long-lived self-confidence issues. Blah.

Anyway, other than my husband, who's my absolute best friend, I have maybe one good friend (and I say maybe because even she's mostly my husband's friend). It bothers me...sort of. But most of the time I'm too busy to worry about it. And I do have friendly acquaintances at work, etc., so it sort feels like having friends. Gosh, that sounds pathetic!

I'm much better at being an online friend! Feel free to add me :)
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options

Sometimes, although I like to have a lot of time to myself, I do get lonely. I look at people with lots of friends and wonder how they do it!

Funnily enough, I like the sound of the people on this post - feel free to add me!

Me too!
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options
    I have added you.

Although I do like shopping somewhat, I can relate. I tend to be a introvert/loner and don't like talking on the phone as well; I would rather text or email occasionally. I'm trying to break out of my shell by being on some MBs; although I don't care for FB.
  • ADM1979
    Options
    maybe, since we are all feeling the same, we should have on own group . . .
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry i wasnt able to respond to each of you.. this has been an overwhelming experience and i'm so happy i posted this. i absolutely appreciate everyone who friended me, and everyone who accepted my friend request.

i had some anxiety in even posting this. and i'm so glad i did...

thank you to everyone ...
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options

that would be awesome.. :)
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    LOL At first I thought you were talking about me until you said HUSBAND (Im single) and doesn't like to shop (recovering shoe-a-holic)! I have way more associates than real friends. Feel free to add me LOL
  • mjc65
    mjc65 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people who are introverted can appear extroverted and I find it better to be surrounded by fewer people who understand you rather than many people who "collect" you
  • ADM1979
    Options
    You can add me! I LOVE to make new friends (even if it's on the internet). I too am not a girly girl, but I am a nerdy librarian! :laugh:

I have a nerd hidden deep inside me. Can you suggest any good books? I like series, mystery, and romance.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Me either.

And I love cats!!!

We are a perfect match for each other :flowerforyou:
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I am like you OP.. well a male version anyway! throughout my teens I found it difficult to make friends. maybe it was because of my obesity... certain people see you differently and tend to shut you out. I don't have any problems getting along with anyone after a while of knowing them though :o)
  • kirstand
    Options
    omg! some of this is me!! except i do have a cell phone that i can text on, lol!
  • heyghoge
    heyghoge Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    When it comes to conversation, I would rather not participate in chit chat or gossip. I like to have a point to the conversation and when it's done, it's done.

gah yes this! i can babble on the internet, but irl small talk is painful. :(

This is my biggest battle. How can you even initiate conversation to make new friends without small talk (which I suck at)? So I try to make up for it and end up rambling about silly things, interrupt, and probably come across as rude. :embarassed:

i feel like there's some magic grown-up pill i have yet to have taken that enables a person to talk to strangers without seeming like a babbling idiot. so far, no luck! this is probably because of the lack of macros and internet memes in real life. for example, your avatar. hello, ryan gosling meme! see, this is the crap i find amusing... and that has absolutely no utility irl :embarassed:
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    When it comes to conversation, I would rather not participate in chit chat or gossip. I like to have a point to the conversation and when it's done, it's done.

gah yes this! i can babble on the internet, but irl small talk is painful. :(

This times a 10000.

Agreed.
  • mjc65
    mjc65 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    omg! some of this is me!! except i do have a cell phone that i can text on, lol!

Except then you get people who want you to send texts all the time and will start to take a non-reply as some personal insult :)
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Whatcha like? I'm huge into PARANORMAL ROMANCE. My favorite authors are J.R Ward (The Blackdagger Brotherhood) and Kresley Cole (The Immortals after dark). Each time I have reccommended these to patrons they have come back begging me to find them more books. LOL Some other good series are: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series by Steig Larsson , The Hunger Games By Suzzanne Collins, The Janet Evanovich Books, Gah.....there are soooo many.
  • recec
    recec Posts: 6
    Options
    Lol, that was so cute!
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    So many of these posts could have been written by me. Anyone on this post can add me as a friend!
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I'm an outgoing introvert if that makes any sense. I speak sarcasm fluently. Was a girly girl but then I birthed two boys and my pink has faded. I love shoes but they hurt my feet. Hate shopping (mostly because I'm broke and too big for normal stores). Hate talking on the phone and love the internet. I have a high need for quiet and time alone. My friends and family are my wealth in life.

Feel free to add me if you want a little bit of both worlds.