Replies

• LindseyDD
    LindseyDD Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    This made my day! THANKS!!
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Are any guys afraid to score while their girl is in the red zone?

Nah, you have to hit the showers after the game anyway.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options

I'm generally not one who's going to push a drive too hard if the defense is heavy in the red zone. Try for a field goal?

If you find you still need the 7 you can always break out the Terrible Towel.

DISCLAIMER: Any one actually using an official Terrible Towel in such a fashion is more of a monster than Hitler.

Us guys here in New England thought that was why Terrible Towels were created!!
  • Nicoleo1
    Nicoleo1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Just signed my hubby up for baseball, hockey, basketball, golf, tennis, squash, volley ball, football, soccer and dance (you know what they say about a man who can dance...) :smokin:
  • erintheinspiration
    erintheinspiration Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    All this thread did was make me realize how long it's been... and got me a little excited while sitting at work! Womp, womp! :wink:
  • Selk68
    Selk68 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have never wanted to hook up with a 'sports fanatic' in particular in my whole life....
    ... until now! =P
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'm 47. What are these multiple sessions you guys are referring to? Heh. But then the lasting part is no trouble. ;)
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I'm 47. What are these multiple sessions you guys are referring to? Heh. But then the lasting part is no trouble. ;)

Yea, its difficult to do a sprint when your kicks won't stay pumped up.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

Yea, its difficult to do a sprint when your kicks won't stay pumped up.

did you know that if you use the special blue ones made for older men, your kicks stay pumpped up to run for hours? even when you're done running!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    That's it!!!! I am getting him a gym membership for valentines day!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Normaly I make it to the goal before the other team gets out of the huddle :smokin:

on a more technical note, it could be due to an increase in test from all the exercise.

i definitely with the increase in test. speaking from a physiological standpoint, working out puts your body into a sympathetic response, and believe it or not, sex is actually a parasympathetic nervous system response (think about it, how often have you be "standing at attention" when working out? the nervous system controlling that area is completely different from what is controlling your muscles during a workout.

but what i'm getting at, is that after a workout your parasympathetic system has to get active in order to bring you back down to reality. so you're essentially training it to function better, just like you are training the muscles. so when you activate it getting in the sack, it responds better. nowadays we too many people are in the sympathetic response constantly because of stress at work, or other life events, and working out is a great way to counter that.

i'm not a professional by any means, just a college kid trying to hypothesize. interesting post, and i think you're on to something.
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options

Nah, you have to hit the showers after the game anyway.

haha if this was facebook i would've "liked" this
  • carilyn39
    carilyn39 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    gotta BUMP this just so I can see how this will end. Feeling the need for a little baseball tonight myself. :wink: :love:
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    It's badass how this whole conversation is in sports metaphors.

God, I love this community.
    Haaaaahaaaa! Play Ball!
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I think I'm in lust with every single guy in this post now! LMAO

OP - Thank you, thank you, thank you for this thread!! You guys rock!!!

P.S. The same holds true for us ladies ... after a hard core workout, we can ride as if we were in the friggin Kentucky Derby!!!

Now, let's all go workout!! LOL
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Where can a girl score some season tickets? :bigsmile:
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    Hell yeah, thats what I wanna know. I'm getting a little bothered here.
  • theleftie
    Options
    So True!!!!!
    In hockey terms - I"m skating so much better now, my finesse game has improved AND I am delivering some serious bone crushing body checks... It would get weird if I were to try to pull her jersey over her head though.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Having better control, to pound the inside half of the plate into the later innings.... is no side effect.
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    So True!!!!!
    In hockey terms - I"m skating so much better now, my finesse game has improved AND I am delivering some serious bone crushing body checks... It would get weird if I were to try to pull her jersey over her head though.

There has been a long running debate in my house over the usefulness of fighting in the sport. My girl says its proper and its the way we've always done it. I say it should be more of an art and art doesn't follow old fashioned rules. Eventually I give in and enjoy the game, with or without the punching.