The PCOS VENT YOUR FRUSTRATIONS ongoing thread:)

Options

Replies

• fortydaysrain
    fortydaysrain Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed when I was 14, so I've been aware of my PCOS for 15 years. I also had struggles with weight so my insulin resistance was extremely high. Thankfully, since losing weight and through birth control I have been able to manage my testosterone levels and insulin levels. My doctor said at this point I'd be able to get pregnant BUT without the birth control (which you obviously need to not be on to get pregnant) she isn't sure. We haven't started to try yet, I want to lose at least 28 more pounds. I'm frightened to try.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed when I was 14, so I've been aware of my PCOS for 15 years. I also had struggles with weight so my insulin resistance was extremely high. Thankfully, since losing weight and through birth control I have been able to manage my testosterone levels and insulin levels. My doctor said at this point I'd be able to get pregnant BUT without the birth control (which you obviously need to not be on to get pregnant) she isn't sure. We haven't started to try yet, I want to lose at least 28 more pounds. I'm frightened to try.

im so glad to hear that a doctor diagnosed you that early on in life! I realize now that I should've been diagnosed back when I was 15, but the docs around here seem to be unaware of the full entirety of it. I got diagnosed by my gyno about 2 yrs ago....its sad because I could've been treating it this whole time....now me and the hubs want to conceive and its proving to be the most mentally and physically challenging thing I've ever done in my whole life!
  • fortydaysrain
    fortydaysrain Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    im so glad to hear that a doctor diagnosed you that early on in life! I realize now that I should've been diagnosed back when I was 15, but the docs around here seem to be unaware of the full entirety of it. I got diagnosed by my gyno about 2 yrs ago....its sad because I could've been treating it this whole time....now me and the hubs want to conceive and its proving to be the most mentally and physically challenging thing I've ever done in my whole life!

I am sorry to hear that you are having so many challenges. It is truly my greatest worry when we do start trying, it's a big question mark hanging in the air. I am glad to know that there are women on this message board that I can turn to that are going through the same thing when I need them. I'm here too if you ever need to vent!!
  • Melroxsox
    Options

I am sorry to hear that you are having so many challenges. It is truly my greatest worry when we do start trying, it's a big question mark hanging in the air. I am glad to know that there are women on this message board that I can turn to that are going through the same thing when I need them. I'm here too if you ever need to vent!!
    Thanks!!! We're all here mainly for support! and venting of course...hehhee
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    I am willing to say that none of my real life friends care one **** and jots about me.
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Hey girls! Have any of you been able to regulate your periods and ect with diet and weight loss WITHOUT Birth control? I have been prescribed with metformin but have only been taking it properly for the last week and no luck. I can skip periods for months and months at a time. Ossasionally I get provera to force it back. I hate pcos!

I did. I was on birth control in the beginning. After I lost most of my weight the first year, I went off the bc. Whole second year I bounced back and forth, losing and gaining the same 10 lbs. over and over again. It sucks but it is worth it to not be on the medication. I hated taking it. For the first few months, I was still perfectly regular, like I was while taking the bc. Once it was completely out of my system it changed a little bit, and I get it now about every three weeks. Which is still not quite normal, but it is so much better than it used to be (I used to get it every two weeks). I track it on my calendar and I can predict when I will get it and be right- and that's a first for me (without bc, obviously). THAT'S because of the weight loss. And that is pretty awesome. =)
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    I've been feeling awful with my current friendships in my real life. They are all so unsupportive and only concearned with themselves! Yet Im always the one they call to "listen" to their problems...I just don't get it. Why are these people even my friends? I honestly don't like them, and they could care less about me and my problems...so really what is the point? I think Im going to make a MAJOR change in the people I associate with very soon. Has anyone else ever felt this way? I feel like ever since I was diagnosed with PCOS, my friends have either dropped off the face of the earth, or treat me like Im crazy and I don't know what Im talking about.....so difficult to explain, but nonetheless.....I have VERY little support outside of my husband and MFP(which I thank GOD for everyday!) So Im ending my rant now...lol and I am changing up my social status in my real life....screw my selfish self absorbed, petty old friends...we're not in highschool anymore, but I swear they all act like we still are! And THANKS to all of you! for being there and being supportive! Much love to my fellow cysters!
  • becky2967
    Options
    hi sorry to jump this thread;) ive not been diagnosed with PCOS because their has never been any cyst on my ovarys ( its been suspected since i was 13) because my hormones are normal too but after my third Miscarrige Gyno did a LH/FSH ratio ( im thinking people with PCOS might be able to help me understand it ) and my FSH was 2.1 and my LH was 7 which gives me a high ratio so he said i had PCOS.. but the other specialest said thats not enough? i thought a FSH being low was better for fertility.. hate it when they dont explain! i have not really had problems conceiving but ive always had unpredictable periods. thanks if any one knows about this ratio stuff. XX
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    Happy to announce that I have eradicated just about ALL of the unsuportive, negative people that were gunking up my life. And let me tell you...it's like a breath of fresh air! I have a new outlook on life, fertility, health and PCOS. I will be working extremely hard from here on out! Good luck to you as well cysters!
  • devore06
    Options
    bumping for later, i too have pcos
  • Losin_N_2018
    Losin_N_2018 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I took the Metformin for awhile and it didn't work for me. I always had to know where the closest bathroom was. My sister is taking it, Metformin + BCP + diabetic meds, and she is doing good. Different for her than me. I am now taking a BCP and not in extreme pain once a month. This BCP now is ok but the ones I tried in the past would make me feel crazy, emotional, etc. Finally I decided I was going to keep trying until one worked. Now I need to work on my eating. Not eat breads, sugar, and need to find time to exercise. Sometimes it feels not enough hours in the day. BUT it can be done & will be done . . . has to be done.
  • Losin_N_2018
    Options
    I have PCOS, but I have a baby (that I conceived after losing weight in 2010 with the help of myfitnesspal) I know this is a vent place, but I do want to also encourage you. It is possible to lose enough to conceive!

Getting the baby weight off though....that's an even harder battle!

Dear PCOS, I hate how you mock us with these foul features. Why do you make it too easy to gain weight, but to lose it may mean losing our sanity and confidence in ourselves? I just pray that my daughter never has to understand the torment you put women through. Stay away from her you evil...you know.
  • Losin_N_2018
    Options
    I too was able to lose weight at one point and was able to get pregnant. It is possible. Everyone is built different and anything is possible.
  • bgc85
    bgc85 Posts: 68
    Options
    I was diagnosed when i was 17...I am going to turn 27. Tryiing to make people understand that my body works different was really hard at first. Some people didn't like to talk about it because they didn't fully understand! Good luck with your friends! True friends are hard to find! Feel free to add me and let me know if you have any questions! :)
    I've been feeling awful with my current friendships in my real life. They are all so unsupportive and only concearned with themselves! Yet Im always the one they call to "listen" to their problems...I just don't get it. Why are these people even my friends? I honestly don't like them, and they could care less about me and my problems...so really what is the point? I think Im going to make a MAJOR change in the people I associate with very soon. Has anyone else ever felt this way? I feel like ever since I was diagnosed with PCOS, my friends have either dropped off the face of the earth, or treat me like Im crazy and I don't know what Im talking about.....so difficult to explain, but nonetheless.....I have VERY little support outside of my husband and MFP(which I thank GOD for everyday!) So Im ending my rant now...lol and I am changing up my social status in my real life....screw my selfish self absorbed, petty old friends...we're not in highschool anymore, but I swear they all act like we still are! And THANKS to all of you! for being there and being supportive! Much love to my fellow cysters!
  • grumpygal01
    Options
    I hate the PCOS ALMOST DEFINED ME> I started the irregular period thing at 11yo summer before 5th grade. Always battled weight, BAD mood swings, irregular VERY painful periods. Flash forward to 55 and I'm glad. However, collateral along the way:
    Miscarriage, 12 years to get pregnant again, wonderful 22yo daughter. Low self esteem, yahdah yahdah. There is hope, but be vigilant you don't have PCOS come and go, it is with you your whole life. You have it or you don't. It affects more than your reproductive system. How does one lose 50lbs and have their cholesterol go up 80 points going the low carb way?

I have my sanity back, a child I am grateful for, a beard I keep at by daily, plumper around the belly than I'd like but I'm working on it.
    It's great to be alive.
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    I hate the PCOS ALMOST DEFINED ME> I started the irregular period thing at 11yo summer before 5th grade. Always battled weight, BAD mood swings, irregular VERY painful periods. Flash forward to 55 and I'm glad. However, collateral along the way:
    Miscarriage, 12 years to get pregnant again, wonderful 22yo daughter. Low self esteem, yahdah yahdah. There is hope, but be vigilant you don't have PCOS come and go, it is with you your whole life. You have it or you don't. It affects more than your reproductive system. How does one lose 50lbs and have their cholesterol go up 80 points going the low carb way?

I have my sanity back, a child I am grateful for, a beard I keep at by daily, plumper around the belly than I'd like but I'm working on it.
    It's great to be alive.
    I fear that it will take us that long to have babies, but I swear to God I will never ever give up. My entire life I have felt that I was meant to be a doting mother. I love caring for others....but for now, Im focusing on myself in hopes of health and diminishing PCOS effects.....Im so glad that you were able to have your daughter! God bless you and your family:) this gives us all hope!
  • 04_harrison_p
    04_harrison_p Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ndk84
    ndk84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    PCOS... it's hard. Impossible weight loss, hair, acne, moodiness.... not to mention if you are TTC and the issues associated.... I just hate it.
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    PCOS... it's hard. Impossible weight loss, hair, acne, moodiness.... not to mention if you are TTC and the issues associated.... I just hate it.
    yes and trying to explain it to normal people drives me to the brink of madness .....ugh
  • Poemetra
    Poemetra Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Dear PCOS I am angry that I keep gaining and losing the same 4 pounds! I am mad that when I eat carbs I immediately put on 4-5 pounds the next time I step on the scale. I am mad that even though I exercise I gain! It could be muscle but then again shouldn't an obese person be losing fat? How can I gain muscle but not lose any fat? Does that mean I will be big but have muscle? I am angry that you have gotten a hold of my sister even though hers isn't as bad as mine is.

I am angry that no one wants to listen to me when I bring you up. They just say eat this or eat that but they don't understand that you won't take the stupid weight off!

I am not going to let you take control over me. I am taking off those hairs you want to put on my chin and I am stripping off this weight you want to pounce on me! When I lose weight you come back with an "AHA!" or a "Gotcha!" but not this time!
    I will not listen to you anymore! I am clearly upset that even though I have been trying hard I have lost nothing! I won't go with the it takes time crap! How much time do you need PCOS? I have given you enough time and i am taking my time back! So I will lose this weight and laugh in your face! I will watch you disappear so I don't have to take these BC pills anymore just to be regular! I am done with you and even if people want to shove food down my throat I will rip you from me because I am tired of your crap! Yes PCOS your crap! I am done with you making me feel like the weight will never come off. I will take this weight off and you are coming off with it.

Ahh, I feel better now. ^_^