What crowd were u w/ in school :-? Jock, punk, misfit, nerd?

Options

Replies

• Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I took, choir, drama, and art... so the artsy crowd??? haha. I'd have to say drama geek mostly.
  • Karmynzahringer
    Karmynzahringer Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Im not sure I was in any kind of group to be honest. Went to a really small school, there were the jocks/sports kids and there were the farmkids, I was just the new girl who moved from the bigger town nearby. I was friends with people from both groups, and did do track, but not softball/basketball like the other girls. In that school if you didn't do those sports, no one knew or cared who you were.
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Jock...popular But i wasn't an *kitten* ;)
  • takingnameskickingbutt
    Options
    I was the nerdy, jock, preppy type....lol. I honestly got along with about everyone and had some good friends in all those crowds...still do :)

That about sums me up: I was a tri-varsity athlete, but a little bit of a dork. I volunteered a lot, and I had friends in many circles.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I wasnt in any group, i guess i was a drifter accepted by all. One day i would be with the "popular" crowd and the next day i could be with the jokers or the deaf loner. I hated the thought of fitting in to any and only one group so I didn't. Pretty much sums up how i am now, no very close friends but accepted by most.
  • scorpio8
    scorpio8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was in the dork crowd. They were/are the ones who were more real or honest with themselves and others and had the best personalities.
  • jedibunny
    Options
    Wow. Well, I went to a high school where you either applied to get in or were there by default because it was your home school - I lived across the city, so I applied - thus most of the non-locals were smart kids (it was a Magnet school) and most of the locals were just there because it was a better place to be than other city schools. So initially I was a "smart kid" and hung out with the "dorks" who were also "grunge kids (mid-90s here)," and I was quickly a "band geek" followed by "science nerd" (I was in the AP science and computer studies programs), then "Frenchie" (French Club)... I also had the unfortunate lack of foresight which caused me to go all the way at the end of freshman year with my freshman year (year-long) boyfriend, which then led to a breakup when we both hated it and his labeling me a "slut," which led to my hooking up with someone else just to spite him (thus living up to the name?), then looking outside the school via local BBS (dial-up bulletin board system) for friends, so I was then "outcast," "punk" and occasional "druggie" (I did try a few things, but never anything serious). Eventually I dropped out, got my GED in a heartbeat and went to college, where it didn't matter where your friends came from. What fun. I'm still friends with some of the REAL friends I made back in HS, though.
  • synthetiquecindy
    Options
    invisible nerds + alt crew.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I was part of the "weed smokers" and rap music group...even if I never smoked my entourage did and everyone I thought I was a dealer and huge pot head lol

I am now way more in the punk group...I just don't dress like it, if I go to a bar...It's a punk bar!
  • easuess
    easuess Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Certifiable nerd.
  • jillyt85
    jillyt85 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I started off high school in marching band, but I was a brat and didn't get along with the teachers so I quit and basically became a loner. I went from 3 friends in 10th grade, to no friends the next two years. I hardly talked to anyone. I was fat and too concerned with my boyfriend who was in college (he's my husband now). I thought everyone was stupid and wanted nothing to do with them. For the most part, I still don't like anyone I went to school with which either says something about me or all of them considering my graduating class was almost 900 kids. That was 8 years ago.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I was in the awesome crowd!

No, but seriously...At my old high school we had 3 major groups: "Preps", "Rednecks", and "Freaks" The "freaks" were the pierced, tattooed, straight edged, gay, goth, skater crowd. I was with that crowd. We were awesome. lol

My best friend all through HS was a black guy though, so rumors went around that i had "jungle fever" and most of the school didnt agree with that reputation. I loved it though. I didnt give a *kitten* what anyone said or thought back then. I skipped class more than i went, I had lunch detention at least twice a week for cursing in front of teachers or piercing students with safety pins in the back of the classrooms lol!

Ahh, those were the days lol
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I was an...interesting mix to say the least, lol.

I was a complete drama geek, but I was also a social misfit. I hung out with all of the nerds, but I was an English person all the way and while they went on to become Engineers, I got my BA in English, hehe.

I don't talk to anyone who I used to hang out with in high school anymore. Won't be going to the reunion either.
  • Kelsbellz
    Kelsbellz Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I was goth I went to high school from 87-91.

Class of '91...w00t!

Class of '91. I was in the "stoner" group and hung out in the smoking area A LOT.
  • gsh06160
    gsh06160 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was often called the "art geek".
  • thenewmb
    thenewmb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've always been classified as a nerd.
  • PrincessKittenpants
    Options
    A Drama filled Cheerleader who could play a mean Clarinet:blushing:
  • lesliemifflin
    Options
    i was the loud/obnoxious girl on the tv broadcasting team. knew everyone and i loved it that way
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    The school i graduated from was so small there were barely cliques at all...I think there were 16 in my graduating class and that was the biggest class they'd seen in decades. I think I was somewhere between nerd and misfit. Mostly I just chased this one guy around and pestered him into loving me. LOL

My persistence paid off. ;)
  • llonka
    llonka Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Band nerd and misfit. I sure do miss band. :sad: LOL!