What crowd were u w/ in school :-? Jock, punk, misfit, nerd?

Options

Replies

• anabell31
    Options
    I was a goth, lol (still am at heart). And my big brother was the most popular guy in school.
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    One time a group of us had Saturday detention. It was awful. And we were all different. A brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess and a criminal. But getting to know each other was a real learning experience for all of us. Turns out we weren't so different after all.

I hope they didn't forget about me.

I had Saturday detention three consecutive weeks in a row... No Breakfast Club at our school. Speaking, sleeping, pens, paper were not allowed and they put us in cubes like solitary confinement.
  • modgirlrachel
    modgirlrachel Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    There were no discernible "crowds" in my school because it was a private school with strict uniform codes, we all had to wear the same socks even! the only way to know what subculture someone was into was to get to know them...

I didn't have any friends and was bullied a lot, but away from school I was a bit of a punk. When I dropped out I got a tall blonde Mohawk and piercings then later a gigantic pink mullet lol.
  • rebawagner
    rebawagner Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I was a "Floater"...Kinda friends with everyone but never fully committed to one group or another.
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    RoachesOnTheCrawl also known as ROTC...Orienteering, Adventure Team (Rangers) and Drill Team (Black Knights forever!!!) To us we thought we ruled the school and WE were the cool kids. NOT!!! Loved every moment of it though. All the drill meet bus rides...riding back in the evening with "your" girl and doing "things"...Yeah! We were the cool kids.
  • enigrebua
    enigrebua Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Goth Geek in a group of other varied misfits.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Misfit...There was a group of us that would hang out all the time.. we were the stoners/punks/goth kids in a very cowboy/jock school... I think there was about.. 10 we were in small town so we kind of just bonded together..

I am still one of those misfits to this day.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I was IN a particular one, but was friends with geeks, cheerleaders, jocks, burnouts and punkers too, so I guess I liked to sample...LOL!

Funny thing though..SO many of the guys who were bookworms or nerds in high school were the most successful and good looking guys at my 20 year reunion.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Band Geek/Honor Roll Nerd

I guess that is why I am now rebelling.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I was a jock. I felt like a misfit, but talking to people I went to HS with, most people had a very different view of me than I did.
  • Kittie_Kat
    Options
    I don't know what I was but I had 2' long multicolored hair and dressed in alternative clothing...but I got along with everyone, never really had a problem with any kids in H.S. so I guess alternative social person? LOL
  • koridoobah
    koridoobah Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I had friends from all the different cliques. Not too sure what that makes me.
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    1st high school i started off with the "cool kid' crowd. then realized the boys my age were complete idiots (those same boys are still boys and still idiots) so moved on to the "girl who dates older jocks" crowd.

2nd high school-we moved to a very small town in TX with a bunch of rednecks. so i quickly became part of the "loner" crowd because i had an accent, didn't own a truck with a gun rack and didn't laugh at their retarded jokes about Canadians.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I was all of the above.

I was a three sport "scholar" athlete. Honors all through out school but I was also a punk rocker/misfit and played drums in a few bands here and there.
  • Time2Live99
    Options
    I was the social butterfly. I partied a lot and hung out with kids older than me, which made me grow up a lot faster than the other kids in my school.
  • mattkellett
    Options
    was the unpopular jock, kinda in the "in" crowd but not really. Funny that I went on to play professional Football, didnt even entertain the idea of going to my 20 year highschool reunion.

that is my biggest fear as a dad, is when my boys go to JR high and High school.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Don't think I belonged to a certain group. Played multiple sports, but did not hang out with the jocks. Got straight A's, but doubt I could be considered a nerd. Class clown, but never went so far that I got called on the carpet. Had a job. Had the same girlfriend all through HS. Had the same best friend. Didn't drink or do drugs. I was so normal, I was probably considered abnormal.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I was pretty normal.... I didn't really care... I had too much going on to care

However I'm sure my "status" plummeted after I started dating the biggest nerd in existence :) no really he is hahaha
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    I came from a very small school, my class alone was one of the biggest, at 45. So most of us got along. There was still the nerds, the smart kids, the jocks, and of course the druggies. I fit into all these categories except druggies. I liked to whoop it up in High School, but drugs were a major no no. I played lots of sports, I loved art, and I was in the National Honor Society...so I got along with pretty much everyone!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I had friends in, and hung out with, all of them. Cheerleader/drill team, on track team, smoker in the bathroom, funky dresser, dated football QB, partied on weekends with wild crowd...What I learned from high school was to celebrate one's uniqueness and individuality, not to go to any unusual lengths to fit in. If you are confident and outgoing, they will chase YOU.