What crowd were u w/ in school :-? Jock, punk, misfit, nerd?

Options

Replies

• ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    The know it all who never, ever studied or cared too....
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I was in the popular crowd. However that could simply be because I was always the new guy and women like the new guy. Yeah I changed schools allot.
  • david581c
    Options
    That feeling when someone from back in the day catches up and says "yeah man, u kinda were a jerk to me that year" :S

Its a crap feeling, tho nothing a sharing a couple pints of Newcastle together couldnt solve :D

Wait, does this thread call it even on my thread killing rampage? :D

Def super interesting reading everyones roles in school.

lol its like a big MFP High School :D
  • bigdaddycowgill
    bigdaddycowgill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Jock all growing up (football, baseball, basketball) until I wrecked my knee in high school(playing football), punker then & for life!
  • jaguar101570
    Options
    Played football, basketball and track and hung out mostly with my teammates, so I guess jock!
  • melonsss
    melonsss Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    This topic brings back fond memories. I was one of seven in the school that was devoted to heavy metal. We all went to our first concert together. The other children in school would mock us for our taste in music. They were all conventional small minded types who judged by appearances. The seven of us have successful careers and have led interesting but sensible life's.
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... I guess the misfit crowd. I was (and still am) a weird, weird person.
  • thesuperchunk
    Options
    Jock (because I was one of the better athletes in the school)
    Skater (because I was a skater)
    Punk (because I was a bit punk - listened to punk music, some punk style)
    Hippy (because my friends were hippies and we smoked a lot of weed)

Probably depended on who you talked to.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Nobody... I was quiet, shy and anti social. Well, I still am. lol.
  • burstchair
    Options
    Class clown jock
  • shrdlicka23
    Options
    I was a "floater". I don't like to pigeonhole myself and liked all sorts of things. I listened to death metal and shopped at abercrombie. I also listened to the BSB and wore band tees. Sometimes I'd sit with the nerds, othertimes the jocks. I just do whatever the heck I want and don't care what people say. I can like and do more than one thing. I've had a pretty good life being myself and liking a whole lot of different things.

--I just remembered this. I was at the mall with my goth friends when I was in HS and this kid came up to my friend(he went to a different school and I didn't know him) and straight up asked my friend why she was hanging out with me. All because I was wearing a red shirt. LAME and no thank you.
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I was a loser :) ate my lunch in the bathroom and had no friends
  • BigL0s
    BigL0s Posts: 133
    Options
    Started out as a class clown/jock until last year. Shrunk away after injuries/surgery, and I've just been myself? Not anti-social, but I don't really like alot of the people in my class.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Loner, I was big and mean looking so most people left me alone. truth be told I felt inferior and avoided people. to my few friends I was their "donk" I stuck up for my friends and kept them safe.
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I was a gothic style chic,bleach blonde hair with the tips dyed blue,with black lip stick.But hung out with the jocks! I was a athletic trainer for the varsity football team..
  • maxiechild
    maxiechild Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I was a dreamer, and gravitated towards anyone who was comfortable with me being in my dreams most of the time. I think that meant I was probably a loner lol
  • J3SSP3NNY
    Options
    I was a punk rocker for sure :)
  • nikkilou1978
    nikkilou1978 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I was a bit of a misfit, but was friends with people in other groups too. So I really didn't really fit into any specific group.
  • TonyL68
    TonyL68 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Apologies if already posted but....

Dear Mr. Vernon,
    We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it is that we did wrong. But we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us: in the simplest terms and the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is . . .

a brain.

And an athlete.

And a basket case.

A princess.

And a criminal.

Does that answer your question?

Sincerely yours, The Breakfast Club.
  • ubernerdgirl
    ubernerdgirl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school in the 80s I was a nerdy gamer goth, i.e. "*kitten* magnet" ;)

Guess what, though? I'm now 42, I'm still a nerdy gamer (but more of a rivet now), and I own it. I am proud of who I am.