Vicious Vikings row the world!

Options

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    No, I doubled the totals when I sent them to lee - I sent him total cals burned, total miles and then double miles. So don't worry, what you did was perfect. :-)

And yes, we should have surged forward by over 3000 miles. Even with Cynthia out of play, this was our third biggest burn since we started. You all did a amazing job!

I'm having a quieter day today, as I seem to be brewing a cold and I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself. So just a walk for me. I'll do something a bit more serious tomorrow.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    We're in second!

We could do with agreeing tactic for Friday. Are we just going to do 'business as usual'?

And who will we attack?
  • craig1970
    craig1970 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi folks, what happened to yesterday's burns? Not many posted on the spreadsheet.

I'm having a rest day today due to my knee & back aching, I've only logged my daily station walk.

Keep up the good work Vikings!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    We're in second!

We could do with agreeing tactic for Friday. Are we just going to do 'business as usual'?

And who will we attack?

Well, we know that lots of people are going to attack us, which helps them only by one of our burns. We will not be helped, however, by not getting some killer burns ourselves. I say business as usual, and we try to kill it.

Sorry about my paltry burn yesterday, but I'm ready to get something in today...I'm so mentally tired though, I hope I can plow through!
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you guys for filling in! (mind the gap!) ;) And posting record burns for the days! Wowsers! Way to go everyone. Now that's a TEAM! YOWZA!

I plan to swim as long and as strong and as much as I can till they kick my *kitten* out of the pool or I drown. Either or. :) Then I'll be doing something else later in the day. I will probably also do a weight circut I haven't done one in a while and if I can muster the strength (hello nsaids) I'll try and rip something out later in the day as well. My goal is to hopefully shoot for a 5k day. I've never done it before. I've come close. in the 4ks. But I'd like to top my own personal record. You guys deserve it. :)

Screw them all, we'll kick 'em where the sun don't shine ;) *giggles* :D
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Bahahahahaha, business as usual it is for tomorrow.

(I added yesterday's 512 and today's 861 to the spreadsheet just now).

I managed to convince my tired body to get to the gym this evening so I had a pretty good one, but I am DEFINITELY hitting the gym tomorrow...apparently the bf is cooking me dinner tomorrow night (and he wants to do the same or take me out to dinner on sat) so I have little to no control over that and it's my only form of damage limitation...I haaaaate being cooked for by him, sure it's super yummy but it's all steak/blackpudding/red meat/honey/potatoey yummy badness! Goodbye deficit for the week...

I don't know who pulls out epic burns on other teams...except for lombrica?

Can't wait to kick it tomorrow, GO TEAM!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Hi folks, what happened to yesterday's burns? Not many posted on the spreadsheet.

I'm having a rest day today due to my knee & back aching, I've only logged my daily station walk.

Keep up the good work Vikings!

Sorry, I've been feeling pretty grim, but I'll catch up the spreadsheet for today and yesterday now. :-)
  • meerkat70
    Options
    I think probably lombrica's team is a reasonably good bet - there'll be someone on there who'll put in a very serious burn. If not Becky, it'll be carla. If that's ok with everyone, I'll drop becky a note in the morning. Looking at hurricanes, they seem a pretty evenly matched bunch, with them all putting in regular burns in the low thousands. I suspect we'll get a better burn out of scullys.

I'm really hoping I'll be well enough to do something a bit more serious tomorrow. This throat infection is really starting to take it out of me... Today I just managed a walk and some pushups / situps etc.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Attack day today! I've just mailed Becky to tell her to prepare to be boarded. Oooerrr missus.

Just filled in the spreadsheet for yesterday. it looks like lots of us are having a bit of a slow down. Well done to Penny and Immz for some serious burnage yesterday, and Craig and Penny for the day before.

Let's all lean on those oars a bit today!

I couldn't run this morning, but I'm off for a quick dog walk, and I think I'll manage gym later. Early mornings are worst as I appear to be attempting to cough up at least one of my lungs. But I'll aim for high hundreds / low thousands.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    We've been attacked by 3 teams - mission slimpossible, scully crew and drunken mermaids. The latter are obviously my personal favourites.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    we've slipped into third....
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Not for long though. Wow, Cynthia!!!!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    We've been attacked by 3 teams - mission slimpossible, scully crew and drunken mermaids. The latter are obviously my personal favourites.

Skull dogs have also attacked.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Two more attacks.

We're going to lose all the advantage of Cynthia's burns today, as basically they'll equalise across all the competition, since most of 'em have attacked us...

So, if we want to catch up again, the rest of us are going to have to do some serious rowing!

I've just mapped out a 6 mile run for tomorrow. I really hope that my chest is clear enough to run it.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    I haven't had the burn back from the scully crew yesterday yet, so can't post our burn for the kidnap challenge day.

I'm sorry to let you all down, but I'm proper poorly today. Coughing about once a minute. I've been awake since 3am with it and am feeling kind of sorry for myself. I doubt I'll post a burn today, and if I do, it will just be a dog walk. :-( Sorry.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Just got the burn from Lombrica - 1089 calories.

That gives us:

Total:
    8508 cals
    2127 miles

All in all a pretty impressive day!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Well, I didn't have too many entries to make in that there spreadsheet this weekend. Come on vikings, let's put our backs into this! :-)
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    505 for me today, stupid bike had a flat tyre so added significant time into my normal to-and-from uni journey, but I walked it and apparently it burnt more..!?
  • meerkat70
    Options
    well done penny.perhaps because it was unaccustomed?
  • craig1970
    craig1970 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a break from that kitchen fit, it's 95% done.
    I've relied on it for my burn this week, but managed a couple of small gym sessions too.
    I'm off now for 5 days so I want to cane the gym, get my food back on track (I've been eating convenient builders food lol) and generally have a good week off.

Hope you all have a great week too, keep rowing!