Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    every wednesday in the a.m!
  • imkegoal
    imkegoal Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    FAAAAAR too often- three times a day at least! I only log it once a week though, but feel I need to stay in controle by checking the scales three times- in morning, when daughter goes to bed and then when I go to bed- to prepare me for the morning ahead.

Get really nervous in the days before weighing day... am a bit opsessed at moment. Hope it will pass when I reach my target weight!
  • castaliavt
    castaliavt Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    DITTO
    Once a day. I like to see the trends and how what I eat affects my body weight -- I find it interesting.

Me too - it's really interesting to see how much weight can fluctuate from day to day. I don't get upset it it's a few pounds higher one day and I don't celebrate if it's a few pounds lower. I only record once a week.
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh myself every morning, buck naked (except for my glasses, without which I would not be able to read the weight...hmmm maybe somedays I'll begin to take them off, first), after I pee first. It's like Christmas! Always a surprise, some good, some bad, but I've become a pretty good judge of which direction I'm headed before I take that step. I like the instant feedback of the previous day's activities. But that's just me.

13598365.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • TonyG111160
    TonyG111160 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Too often!!

My wife always says skinny people never weigh themselves!
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    ONCE A WEEK! I prob need to do more often! I hate the scale
  • brittanyla077
    brittanyla077 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Everyday in the morning but I only record once a week
  • sapphiretyger
    sapphiretyger Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    About once or twice a week. When I blow it off for awhile, it seems like the weight starts coming back. But if I do it daily, the fluctuations can drive me nuts!
  • malaika1981
    malaika1981 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    1-2x a month
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    I do daily although I only want to once a week as well..... but I only log my weight once a week
  • TamImbrogno
    TamImbrogno Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Everyday as soon as I wake up! I do this so I know how what food I consume does to my body!
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Everyday, sometimes a couple times a day, but I don't record it until weigh-in day which is Friday.
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh myself every morning, buck naked (except for my glasses, without which I would not be able to read the weight...hmmm maybe somedays I'll begin to take them off, first), after I pee first. It's like Christmas! Always a surprise, some good, some bad, but I've become a pretty good judge of which direction I'm headed before I take that step. I like the instant feedback of the previous day's activities. But that's just me.

13598365.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Actually, you can just click on "Settings" at the top of the forums and tick the box to show your ticker automatically. :)

Staying on topic, I weigh myself in the morning and at night before bed. I'd like to think if I weigh myself daily, it keeps my weight loss journey fresh in my mind. Also, if I weigh weekly, I am more likely to cheat, convincing myself I can "make up for it" when it gets close to weigh-in time.
  • bluesgirl43
    bluesgirl43 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I got Wii Fit for valentines day so I weigh in daily with it. I absolutely love my Wii Fit and would recommend it to anyone!
  • Vash41288
    Options
    not often actually, I like to determine my goals more on how I look and feel rather then the actual weight. Maybe I'm just weird like that. I mean if I lost weight but I can't "see" it then I'm still like :(
  • felicite
    Options
    I was doing it every morning but I am trying to go to once a week, I have gone two days! I almost got on today but I stopped myself! :)
  • jatiger83
    jatiger83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I my weigh myself everyday sometimes more than once. During the week I weigh myself when I wake up and before I go to bed. I don't freak out over my weight much. I know I will weigh more at night and that my weight can change from day to day. But I like to weigh myself often, it helps me stay focused and if I notice my weight seems to be going up I can look at what I have been doing and change it asap :)

Also I only truly weigh in once a week, on friday. That's the only weight that 'counts' for me.
  • Pistolcoach
    Pistolcoach Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I read a study recently that stated people who weigh themselves daily are more likely to loose weight and keep it off. The thinking behind the findings is : the accountability of seeing your weight daily has a greater effect on how you choose to behave the rest of the day.
    I think the important thing is to do what is best for you! I've seen people post that weighing in everyday drives them crazy; to see the numbers go up and down has a negative impact on thoughts and then behavior...this is clearly an example of a person who should NOT weigh in every day!

weight loss and health is an individual journey. It's a race you run at your own pace. It's all about finding out what rules work and dont work for you! the basics are the same; eat less, move more.

Here is to healthy living!
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Everyday! Hit the bathroom and then off to the scale.
  • countryclubber
    Options
    Every day....Sometimes a couple times a day.....

I broke that habit today though.....I am only weighing once a day and in the morning before breakfast like your suppose too :drinker:

i'm the same way! i, like a lot of americans, want instant gratification, and enjoy seeing the scale move down :)