EGG--CELLENCE For Easter!! (CLOSED GRP)

Options

Replies

• kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Lady Persia - I think mini-goals are an awesome way to take back control. I read in a blog to set goals that are obtainable & within your grasp. That really hit home with me. I am the one who decides what success is for me & you are the one who decides the line that determines success for you. We do not have to live according to the standards of others on this one. I recently lost my grandma while she was in hospice, and several years ago lost my dad suddenly. It is strange how reminders of them come around unexpectedly. Treasure the memories.

I am thankful V-Day is behind me - even though the candy is still on the counter. I have indulged, but now I want to take back control. It sounds like I need some mini-goals in that area. Hmmm... Yesterday my goal was to exercise enough to cover the extra calories, and I squeaked it out. Today I will also try to make some better food choices & I will log them all down no matter what. Have a terrific day everyone!
  • trimformecmb
    trimformecmb Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Wow---reading all these posts made me remember a scene from MASH.....Frank Burns got drunk and they put a toetag on him when he passes out---it said " Emotionally Exausted and Morally Bankrupt"....... I think so many of us on this challenge, including myself, are in this boat....and despite all the exercise and logging, the scale is still stuck......I have started meditating every day and my scale is finally budging.... cooincidence, who knows, but i think that many of us forget to feed our soul, too!!! We work our bodiesof top of maintaing our families, work, and homes all while not refilling our "buckets"... so my challenge to everyone today is STOP................ and pray, think, meditate........ clean, postive, lovely thoughts, if even for only 5 minutes, take a deep breathe and then continue with the day........

I hope you all have a good day......
  • AmyMW7
    AmyMW7 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    well, at least we are all still here and sticking with this group!!

I stepped on the scale today and was down .5 pounds - first time in 10 days! yup, it's slow.

for me it's been stress. sounds like it's been a rough start to 2012 for lots of us.

honestly, valentines day till easter is the toughest for me. i can sail through halloween and christmas, but easter and 1/2 off valentines candy is tough for me to stay away from!

maybe i'll make that a goal . . . stay away from holiday candy.

anyway, hang in there everyone. hope you have a great (or better) week!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry so many of you/us are struggling....i hope you find the balance you seek in your hectic lives....

my husband was laid off 3 days before christmas and LUCKILY was able to find a new job that he started training on this past monday....he has worked from home or been laid off and at home for the last 3+ years so this week with him being an hour away (drive to and from training) we have had to re-work our schedules....BUT it will all work out because we are finally talking and working together well to get stuff done....he is supposed to start working remotely from home on monday and i'm looking forward to him picking up the slack a bit again including drop offs and pickups with the kids....been a busy week but i'm soooo happy he's happy with his new job that it has been worth it.....

i jumped on the scale this AM and am down to 172.8....i'm pushing hard to get back to my lowest of 172 from halloween....i know i can get there, i just have to keep doing what i'm doing.....eating well, logging my food, getting my workouts in, drinking my water and of course work harder on getting a bit more sleep (a reasonable bedtime still eludes me)....

i have 10 days until my 1/2 marathon and i'm excited to complete it and "move on to" the next chapter in my workout plan/schedule....i'm going to buy my bike (from my last birthday gift - october 2011) and i'm going to start riding, running and doing my new rules of lifting program.....i think the riding will give me a "break" from all the running but i will continue to do running intervals at least 1-2 times a week......

have a great rest of your week and keep pushing forward.....looking back will not get you to where you are GOING....
    denise
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I had to jump on here b/c I was having major chocolate cravings (hmmm, wonder why? thank you lord for blessing us women with these hormones!)... anyway - I came on here to fight the urge, and surprise - after reading everyone's posts, I don't want chocolate anymore! I want to hit the gym, log my food - drink my water & achieve my goals :)

I've hit a major setback this past week. I have trouble with what I call "tendonitis" in my right ankle (haven't gone to the MD, b/c I have trouble making the time to do it)... but, it was getting worse & worse - so last week I stopped all exercise - still no better, so finally yesterday I got the giant immobilizing walking cast thing (I affectionately call it "Frank-en-foot"). I even have to wear it to sleep (not so cozy!). So, I am having to come to terms with letting my couch to 5K program go (I was doing so well!!!) - but it's not worth it if it renders me unable to exercise (walking, squats, jumping jacks, aerobics, treadmill, elliptical all aggravate it)...

So, today I am going to try going back to the gym (I miss it so!) - I'm going to try the bike, maybe the rower if the bending doesn't bother, & upper body stuff. Next week I may add some swimming to the mix.

dajndae - yay for down 5#'s in 6 weeks! though it may seem slow, it is steady progress! Good luck with your goal to avoid holiday candy.

MrsGstone - my daughter just celebrated 100 days today at school. God bless the teachers of the world for what you do for our kids! :)

1ArmyMom1 - so impressed that you are at the 45#'s down mark! What an impressive accomplishment!

Eeek - I have many more notes, but I have to go pick up the kiddos from school. Then it's DD swim lesson 3-3:30. workout 3:45-4:45, boys to swim practice till 6:15... dinner...homework/play w/kiddos.. kids to bed. I'll catch up again around 8:30 ish?

Until then my most egg-cellent ones!

Hugs,
    Amy
  • yay2012
    Options
    Here's a mini-challenge! (Is this where I post it?)

Drink your water! MFP recommends 8 cups but what if we aimed for 6 a day? I find that I can do this if I start early in the day. Good luck!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    hi my friends....

i haven't been posting lately...it turns out that i now have bronchitis , and have to starts antibiotics and an inhaler, along with some cough med at night(cant take it during the day or i will be sleeping all day and night)the stress of moving has manifested itself by one a stomach flu and now bronchitis, i have been sick it seems all of February, i have only been able to workout 3 days, and now i wont be able to workout for at least a week...... flowerforyou
  • mrsgstone
    mrsgstone Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    AmyByExample- I broke my foot last year in April and I too had the terrible Frank-n-Foot and had to wear it to bed! Sad times! Hope your foot/ankle feels better soon. :0)
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    @amy, sorry about your foot/ankle....the best is to rest it and it will heal faster.....i sprained my wrist in october and it took 3months to heal(i still wrap it up to lifts weights)....:flowerforyou:
  • aerdna88
    aerdna88 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

so my challenge to everyone today is STOP................ and pray, think, meditate........ clean, postive, lovely thoughts, if even for only 5 minutes, take a deep breathe and then continue with the day........

I absolutely LOVE this!!!

I was on here every day but we left 2 weeks ago for our vacation and got back on Sunday. I didnt log anything while I was on vacation but I did check in to my account every day to hold me accountable still. I didnt count calories but I tried to be decent. I had a bad day where I ate out at Red Robin and I had a turkey burger which was fine but I ate a bunch of fries....and then had a sundae that afternoon also. I came home weighing a pound more than when I left. I was bummed but realize it could have been much worse considering I wasnt working out either. It was a quick reminder that getting off track can quickly turn things around for you. I am back on track with counting calories and at first I was feeling hungry but I think I am getting back into my ways before we left.

I am happy that today I am down 10 pounds since I started this journey right after Christmas....and thats 9 pounds from the day we started this challenge on Jan 2.

I hope and pray all of us can keep going forward. I like this mini challenge.......it's a good one.

I also like the checking in half way through the week.

Hoping and praying for everyone and that we can all keep moving forward.........
  • aerdna88
    aerdna88 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Amy, I was out for 2 1/2 weeks for a tendon issue/sprained ankle. I didnt want to stop using it....but I had to. Every time I felt like it felt better I would use it and it would flair back up. I am sorry this is happening. I learned a lot more than I thought I would when spraining the ankle......and that it's amazing how much strength training can help lose weight too.....I think I like strength training more than cardio but I am adding them both back into my routine.

Sunday I am going to start my 30 day shred over.......since I had to quit when i messed my ankle up.

Hoping it heals up quickly for you!!! Tendonitis sucks!!!
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    YAY! I'm LOVING all of the posts! :-)

dajndae - 5 lbs in 6 weeks is a nice amount. Especially at the weight you are. Good luck with your last few! "well, at least we are all still here and sticking with this group!!" I completely agree!

mrsgstone - Yay for a husband that helps!

Kjlloyd1 - Don't worry about making every meal perfect. Right now, just focus on staying within your green numbers, moving your body, and getting your water in.

thurberj - Too much chocolate... That would be me. ;-) But... Since I knew what I wanted, I just broke it up into 5 days so it wouldn't be too bad for any one day. You did fantastic with the lasagna!

crodrigu73 - Good luck to you.

shickam062604 - I'm glad you're getting your motivation back! :-)

poopoomonkey1978 - You might do well using the Olivia method on MSP.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/406319-a-different-way-to-set-up-mfp-goals-that-works

It will give you a good idea about how many of your exercise calories to eat back. Working out like you are, your muscles are probably holding onto some water. Great NSV!

butters1 - I think 40 lbs in a year is fantastic! Tomorrow is my one year anniversary, on MFP, and I'm only slightly ahead of you. I have friends on here that have struggled to lose the same few lbs and others that have lost a lot more that me. I really liked your comment "Everyone gets to begin where they are, and in the boat they have." I think it has been helpful (for my journey) that, because I had so much to lose and I knew from past experience that I don't lose fast, I knew it would take awhile and that I decided I would just focus on one pound at a time. Sometimes I have tripped myself up by feeling sorry for myself that I couldn't lose as fast as so and so. Then I had to realize (More than once with different people!) that whether that person loses faster or slower, it doesn't effect ME. Only what I do, or don't do, effects me. And that would get me going again.

redbird99 - You have a great attitude! If you keep it (which I really hope you do), you will reach the goals you have set!

LadyPersia - Good luck. Are you and julidav friends? It looks like she can definitely relate and is still doing well with her weight loss and might not mind asking you where your food/exercise logs are. I'm going to friend you also so I can "shake and bop" at times and do this (((hug))) when it's needed.

julidav - You have so much on your plate and yet you are doing fantastic with your weight loss!

I'm so sorry for all of you who are going through mental/emotional pain with the sickness of your loved ones. :-(

kristinkt - Thanks for your thoughts. :-) Every time I see your username it reminds of my sister and I. I'm Kristen and, even though her name is Kathryn, she goes by Katie and sometimes KT. :-)

trimformecmb - Thanks for your thoughts. :-)

bluiz13 - Thanks for your thoughts. :-) I'm glad your husband's job situation is so much better now. "a reasonable bedtime still eludes me" - It does me too! I'm only good for maybe two nights in a row and then I'm back to my old ways.

More comments tomorrow, since this is already long...
  • AmyMW7
    Options
    Here's a mini-challenge! (Is this where I post it?)

Drink your water! MFP recommends 8 cups but what if we aimed for 6 a day? I find that I can do this if I start early in the day. Good luck!

I'm in:)

I'm an awful water drinker, so i'll do this one with you. i'll start tomorrow!

thanks, everyone, for the encouragement!
  • AmyByExample
    Options
    Ok - continued from yesterday's post :) (thank you for all the encouragement with my frustrating ankle situation - more on that later :)

Kjlloyd1 - did you get your bike?

thurberj - I too have trouble with that late afternoon / early evening snack situation. What works best for me is if I pick that kids up from school & go straight to the gym. I can't do that too often b/c of fitting in homework/evening activities/dinner - but it definitely eliminates that urge. the other thing is to stay on the 2nd floor until hubby gets home - help the kids with their homework upstairs - do housework up there (aka - staying as far away from the kitchen as possible!) The 3rd idea would be to have a planned snack all prepared & waiting for you (I'm never this organized though!)

crodrigu73 - best wishes on your scale free journey! Hope it's just the trick to get you going again

shickam062604 - glad you have your motivation back! Feels so amazing when that is in place :)

poopoomonkey1 - yay on getting into smaller sized clothing! What great proof of all your hard work & efforts!

butters1 - I will have to re-read your original post as my notes look like "no do over card" hmmm, trouble when you can't read your own writing!

redbird99 - love that you are regarding this as a "journey of many steps". great way to think of it! congrats on being 22# down! That is a fabulous achievement!

Lady Persia - sorry to hear of all the stress & sorrow. Perhaps if you just chose one thing to focus on each day. Like "Today I will log all my food"... or "today I will focus on getting in my water".... or "today I will do a 20 minute workout". Hugs your way!

Juliadav - prayers for you & all your loved ones. You have a lot on your plate. I wish you strength through it all.

kristinkt - great advice on setting mini-goals! I think that is the way to go.

trimformecmb (Christine) - great suggestion to meditate! I definitely need to work this into my day!

denise (bluiz13) - so inspiring that you are down 81#'s!!! Fantastic! Keep pushing and you will hit that 172# mark in no time!

OK - now to catch up on the rest of yesterday....

Hugs,Amy
  • AmyByExample
    Options
    So, remember how yesterday I was going to give some non-ankle paining exercises a try? I was so excited to be going back to the gym after a full week off - and then my plan went poof. When I went to pick up the kiddos my 10 year old was pale & complaining of a bad earache. He didn't even feel well enough to sit & watch his sister's swim lesson. So, I dropped him off at my sisters, took DD to her swim lesson. Had to check in with the trainer guy (I'm doing a challenge at the YMCA - it's not "real" training, but you have to check in once a week to review the circuit of the week, let them know how you're doing, & weigh in). So, no workout for me :(

I think the disappointment of that, combined w/hubby working his 2nd job last night put me in a frustrated mood that led to a bit of an emotional eating episode. Thankfully I don't have any horrid foods in my house, but you can still overdue on skinny-taste pumpkin muffins, raisin bran & low-fat popcorn. I need to set up some strategies to prevent this from happening again, because this morning I feel awful about myself - which feeds into a bunch of negative self-talk stuff (just a bad cycle overall) - the main theme being severe disappoinment in myself & lack of self-control.

butters 1 - ok, I did read my handwriting correctly! I loved what you were saying about how we don't get a "do-over card" in life. So true!!

Pam - ugh! I feel your frustration & can definitely empathize! I hope once this is out of your system you have good health from here on out. It is an exercise in patience & creativity when our bodies don't want to coorperate!

Mrs. G. Stone - thanks for the well-wishes :)

aerdna88 - Great work on being down 10# for 2012! And 36# overall is spectacular!

Wishing you all a wonderful day,
    Amy
  • AmyMW7
    Options
    oh, amy, what a day! hoping today is much better for you and you can get a workout in.

being busy with kids and all that they add to life sure makes it hard to take care of yourself.

hang in there and have a great day!!

off to drink my water:)

-Amy
  • sailingsal
    sailingsal Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    is so sore! My hip is just not happy, keeps clicking out. We're on holiday in York, so walking a fair bit round the walls, Viking places and trians. Its been good and burning lots of calories 'walking with crutches'! Off home today so will enjoy the rest hopefully tomorrow and schools are back on Monday so back to 'normal'!
  • mrsgstone
    mrsgstone Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else as glad as I am that it's finally the weekend?! It was an absolute CRAZY week at school with Valentine's Day, 100s Day, early release/professional development day, and a program in the gym from the local dentist (which doesn't sound too crazy but then imagine it with 85 kindergartners and only 4 adults... yikes!)

I tried the idea of having a "cheat day" as I've read about from a few different people here on MFP. I did not like it! I felt like since I was giving myself the "ok" to be "bad" I was even worse than I usually am! I went crazy with early Easter candy last night and really felt disappointed in myself when I went to sleep... not to mention super bloated and icky... haha. So, I guess I've learned my lesson... EVERYTHING IN MODERATION! :0)

Hope everyone has a great weekend! See you all on Monday for the weigh-in. Good luck!
  • julidav
    julidav Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Name/ real name: Julidav/ Julie

Current Weight: 171.0
    Challenge Goal Weight:157

01/02: 171.0
    01/09: 168.8
    01/16: 163.2
    01/23: 162.8
    01/30: 163.8<<<mini goal was 167>>>
    02/06: 159.4
    02/13: 156.8
    02/20: 153.8
    02/27: <<<mini goal weight 163 >>>
    03/05:
    03/12:
    03/19:
    03/26:
    04/02:
    04/07: <<<challenge goal weight 157 >>>
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Name/ real name: kristinkt / Kristin

Current Weight: 183
    Challenge Goal Weight: 170

01/02: 183
    01/09: 183
    01/16: 181.4
    01/23: 182.2
    01/30: 179.2 <<<mini goal weight 180 met>>>
    02/06: 177.8
    02/13: 177
    02/20: 177.4
    02/27: 176<<<mini goal weight>>>
    03/05:
    03/12:
    03/19:
    03/26:
    04/02:
    04/07: 170<<<challenge goal weight>>>

Well - it could have been worse with the celebrations of V-day this week. I am still on board for getting to 176 by next week, but it will take staying on track more than I did this past week. No regrets. One day at a time.