Ladies, do you wear undies when working out?

Options

Replies

• DarleneBDA
    DarleneBDA Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    When i work out at home........... NOPE
    Work out outside the home... YES
  • Dkittery
    Options
    I wear cotton thongs all the time, the am work out I come home and shower, evening work out, I change into fresh ones before working out and shower afterwards. :)

I hope you win your debate. :)
  • CAKEDOC
    CAKEDOC Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Never. I tend to wear some version of running tights during all of my workouts. Hate the way panty lines look, love the way no underwear feels... :bigsmile:
    ^^^LOVE THIS COMMENT :)
  • maryrr88
    maryrr88 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Since I go to the gym in the morning before work, I wear the same underwear I wore the previous day, then I come home, shower, & change into a fresh pair for the day. In the evening when I do 30 Day shred at home, I also wear underwear or maybe a thong. I think going commando would be so gross given how much I sweat.
  • Ebwash89
    Ebwash89 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one who didnt. I dont :blushing: . I dont like that wet diaper feel when I workout and sweat in that area. After your done your soaked and start to get cold. If you have workout shorts a sports bra or workout pants they have a different material that soaks up the sweat so you dont feel as wet when you workout. I feel weird sharing that.
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I have been wearing cotton panties but to be honest they are soaking wet when I am done my cardio and then I have to sit down on the benches to to my weights and leave sweat marks, so not sure what the solution is.

After when I go home and stay in my workout clothes for a hour or so, the wet cotton panties are cold and disgusting and still wet.... so I am considering buying some Under Armour wicking panties... all of my clothing wicks except my underwear.... that needs to change soon.

Going commando would be fine by me but I need the extra layer to absorb the sweat.... yuck ...

Try a dry fit panty like Under Armour or Champion (found at Target). I paid $20 for 1 pair of Under Armour & it's the best investment I could have made. At the time I exercised 3 days a week so I had time to throw them in the wash before the next time. The only thing is that I didn't like the boy shorts as they rolled up on the legs some so I would suggest a brief. Since then, I've found some New Balance briefs that I really like & they were more affordable.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    this is the craziest thing I've ever heard of. The ONLY thing I would NOT wear underwear for is a bath. Yes I wear underwear. NOBODY wants old ladies runnning around without underwear. the very idea.
    I also brush my teeth, put on anti-perspirant & run a brush thru my hair. I've been doing this since 2nd grade. Not once in all that time did I leave the house without underwear- and if there is a merciful God I never will have to.
    and thanks cause NOW I'll be thinking about the people who are too near me who might NOT be wearing enough fabric between THEM AND ME ish
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    and I don't know about anyone else but commando in those lycra capris or shorts when you have a big *kitten* (of course working on that) is not going to be the smoothest more attractive thing hahahaha.....

I don't think you should be commando unless you have a perfect, dimple and cellulite free *kitten*..... people can see that stuff when you don't have underwear on, not sure if people realize that... ???
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    once at the gym i saw a girl that wasn't wearing undies
    before you get the wrong idea, i usually don't even stare at girls at the gym but i turned and the light reflected good on her black pants
  • Ebwash89
    Ebwash89 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have been wearing cotton panties but to be honest they are soaking wet when I am done my cardio and then I have to sit down on the benches to to my weights and leave sweat marks, so not sure what the solution is.

After when I go home and stay in my workout clothes for a hour or so, the wet cotton panties are cold and disgusting and still wet.... so I am considering buying some Under Armour wicking panties... all of my clothing wicks except my underwear.... that needs to change soon.

Going commando would be fine by me but I need the extra layer to absorb the sweat.... yuck ...

That's why I dont like to wear under wear when I workout
  • thekacks
    thekacks Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Mmmm granny panties. Nice, full coverage cotton panties. I switch into them when I change into gym clothes and out of them when I change again.
    They really aren't sexy, at all, but they don't ride up my butt and they offer a little bit more between me and the horrible, awful things that I'm sure are living on the cycle seat at the gym.

Exactly! I save the usual satin and lace for after my workout and shower. During my workout it is cotton hi-cuts. They don't ride up and they keep the sweat from pooling around the va-j-j area. I would think going commando would lead to infections... and I like to keep the kitty in peak condition! Seriously ladies, nobody wants to sit in your crotch or *kitten* sweat on a machine or bench after you get up and nobody cares about your panty lines. It's not a fashion show.
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    depends on where I'm working out and what I am wearing. I will say I HATE PANTIES when I'm running! I avoid that at all costs!
  • Sexynvoluptuous
    Options
    Ugghh... I can't even imagine if I DIDN'T?! I already rock a potent swamp *kitten*... my already snail trail remains would be a fkn slip & slide on the machines.

LOL!! This is me....I couldn't imagine not wearing any underwear, I sweat like crazy down there as it is when I workout...so much that if I'm wearing light colored workout pants, I look like I've pissed on myself. And the snail trail every time I get up is embarrassing....

Agreed... its kindof disgusting not to
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Always wear cotton bikini's. Could care less if I have panty lines showing. And it feels better when I wear my cute skimpy shorts -gives me a little extra privacy:-)
  • swall0810
    swall0810 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Yes I do...and the thought of others in the gym NOT wearing and then sweating profusely make me EVEN more determined to be sure I wipe down benches BEFORE I use them

Jen :wink:

Exactly!
  • Sexynvoluptuous
    Options
    Mmmm granny panties. Nice, full coverage cotton panties. I switch into them when I change into gym clothes and out of them when I change again.
    They really aren't sexy, at all, but they don't ride up my butt and they offer a little bit more between me and the horrible, awful things that I'm sure are living on the cycle seat at the gym.

Exactly! I save the usual satin and lace for after my workout and shower. During my workout it is cotton hi-cuts. They don't ride up and they keep the sweat from pooling around the va-j-j area. I would think going commando would lead to infections... and I like to keep the kitty in peak condition! Seriously ladies, nobody wants to sit in your crotch or *kitten* sweat on a machine or bench after you get up and nobody cares about your panty lines. It's not a fashion show.

Amen!!!!!
  • brownsugah76010
    Options
    Yes, I wear underwear but sometimes I wear a light pad to absorb any excess sweat and potential odor. I say this because I work out at lunch and again when I get off. But I ALWAYS pack an extra pair of underwear in case the sweat is more abundant than normal. I hope this wasn't TMI. LOL
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    If I am wearing my looser workout pants I wear cotton undies, if its my yoga pants I wear a cotton thong.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    my running shorts have the built in liner, so when i wear those, then i dont wear underwear with them, and most of the time when I go out running, regardless of what I am wearing, i wont wear underwear because I usually get a wedgie and I dont want to have to keep dealing with that while I run. If I am doing a workout other than running and wearing shorts/pants with no liner, than yes i wear undies
  • HopeBay
    Options
    I'm amazed at all of you who wear thongs to work out and run in. I find them so uncomfortable in general.