Ladies, do you wear undies when working out?

Options

Replies

• snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I always work out in running shorts and they have the undie section built in. So I don't wear panties too. It seems too bulky. I do wear them during my monthly and just wear regular cotton shorts instead of running shorts.
  • lchovet
    Options
    Heck yes I wear underwear!

I don't care who see's my *kitten* while working out... and thongs are just not comfortable.. at all!

Ditto !!!
  • letashatastic
    letashatastic Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Nope ... but then again, I never do.
  • auddiejo
    Options
    This may sound a bit weird but wearing a pair men's briefs is the way to go for me. I still have the comfort of wearing an undergarment but they don't show lines as much as women's panties do.
  • pitbullmom87
    Options
    for sure, they make my barely there rear sweat even more! you know you got a great workout when your rear is soaking lol
  • CDeguc
    CDeguc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I do, but seriously debating on ditching the panties! I absolutely HATE getting wedgies while working out, totally throws me off my game. Maybe it's just me, but I haven't found a pair of undies that didn't creep up my crack yet. Since finally losing the weight I wanted, I've been transitioning to spandex...I'm thinking I'll be going commando here sooooooon!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I am there to workout... could care less if I have panty lines. Yes I wear panties... Couldn't imagine the sweat marks if I didn't!

Same here, but I really don't wear anything tight enough to show panty lines. :ohwell:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Eeewwww. Gross. I can't think of anything worse than tight Lycra without undies.
    Bonds cotton hipsters for me every time. Who cares about panty lines at the gym?
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    The same cotton granny panties I wear all the time.
  • cuddlyrunner
    cuddlyrunner Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Always wear underwear! Good grief, I've had three sons in three years-commando ceased to be an option!
  • Karmynzahringer
    Karmynzahringer Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have never even thought of going commando while exercising. The thought that some people do is gross to me lol. To think that the person who was on the bike before me in the gym had their sweaty bits rubbing against the seat has just made me want to scrub the seat a bit harder from now on! eww:noway:

See, I don't get this. They weren't naked. Does one more thin layer of fabric really make that much of a difference? I highly doubt it.

Agreed! I would rather chance embarrassment at no panty lines, than to have the embarrassment of picking wedgies in front of people at the gym. The shorts I wear have extra fabric in that area and one can only guess it is there for a reason. Besides, I wipe down the machines when I get off AND when I get on one, just in case the person in front of me didn't.
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    I onlly go commando with the shorts that have built in compression shorts or built in undies. I work out in groups all the time and I know everyone who don't wear undies. They all look like they peed themselves.
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Seriously?!? YES. After you've had a couple kids the ol' vag way...and then gain a bunch of weight...well, let's just say that jumping on a trampoline is some MAJOR kegel working exercise. So...when I'm working out and I'm jumping and running and flying all around, not only do I have undies on but I put on a freakin' PAD.
    C'mon ladies....I know many of you do too! I don't need pee leaking down my leg. Gross.
  • wantasmallbummum
    wantasmallbummum Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I tend to do workout as soon as I get up, so I wear pyjamas, but yes wear undies too. Then peel everything off and jump into the bath, bliss!
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I can't imaging not wearing underwear. I don't care about panty lines or any of that. I feel better covered. :)
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I wear underware when I go to the gym, mainly because I don't like the idea of sitting on shared benches that I know (especially in the strength area) that people do not sanitize, so I know if I sweat its going to seep through the pants I wear and will mix with what was already in the bench (which now makes me think that I should sanitize it on my own). The panties act as a barrier because who knows whats out there and if you're just sitting down and its still alive you can end up catching something or other. Also it doesn't feel too comfortable so just for my peace of mind I usually wear under garments. When I'm at home sometimes I exercise partially naked but I'm not usually sitting on anything I'm just standing doing different things.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Ugghh... I can't even imagine if I DIDN'T?! I already rock a potent swamp *kitten*... my already snail trail remains would be a fkn slip & slide on the machines.

Skitty... I am so turned on right now ...
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I wear my normal knickers as I shower straight afterwards. I don't wear a bra which is dangerous considering I'm a double d but I wear a sports top with built in support - I am planning on investing in a bra.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Ugghh... I can't even imagine if I DIDN'T?! I already rock a potent swamp *kitten*... my already snail trail remains would be a fkn slip & slide on the machines.

LOL!! This is me....I couldn't imagine not wearing any underwear, I sweat like crazy down there as it is when I workout...so much that if I'm wearing light colored workout pants, I look like I've pissed on myself. And the snail trail every time I get up is embarrassing....

I was just telling a coworker a few minutes ago that this happened to me last night. I was wearing light gray capri pants and a long t-shirt. When I work out, I get SOAKED! The sweat literally runs down my arms, face, back, and legs. So gross! Anyway, I got home and took off my shirt. As I did so, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and realized that it looked like I had peed my pants. :blushing: I was like, "Ohhhh, I HOPE my shirt was long enough to cover that..."

To answer the question, yes, I wear cotton high cut briefs. I find that the cotton breathes better than most materials, and the briefs don't ride up like bikinis.

To those of you who have said you go commando when running outside...you should be warned. If you were to have some sort of accident (i.e. God forbid, someone should run off the road and accidentally hit you with their car), the EMT's don't ask if you're wearing underwear first. They just cut off your pants/shorts right there in front of God and everybody. You'd be buck naked from the waist down, completely exposed to total strangers. Some of you will say, "Well, if I'm lying there unconscious and fighting for my life, the last thing I'm gonna be worried about is what I am or am not wearing." Well, I'm thinkin' about it NOW, and, personally, I'd be mortified to find out, after the fact, that who knows how many perfect strangers had seen me naked.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I wear underwear...sometimes only underwear if I'm working out at the house. Here's what I do.

Home workouts are usually in men's boxer briefs.

At the gym during lunch, I change from my good underwear into underwear only worn during workouts. These have full coverage so no wedgies during my workout.

I have to wear underwear because I don't like how my clothing feels rubbing up against my stuff!!