Ladies, do you wear undies when working out?

Options

Replies

• Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Thongs do make sense to soak up buttcheek sweat, I guess, but I just can't wear thongs when moving around on the ellip. My usual cotton bikinis never bothered me, nor do my cotton boyshorts. :3 I COULD probably go commando since my butt doesn't sweat alot, but.. I don't think I would. xD
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I am there to workout... could care less if I have panty lines. Yes I wear panties... Couldn't imagine the sweat marks if I didn't!

This, I would prob sweat right thru my shorts.. As gross as it is, I like having undies to catch the sweat and they come off as soon as I get home cause, well, it's gross haha
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Ugghh... I can't even imagine if I DIDN'T?! I already rock a potent swamp *kitten*... my already snail trail remains would be a fkn slip & slide on the machines.

:laugh: this cracked me right up, thanks for making me laugh today!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Simply depends on my mood. : ))

There's an option - depends...
  • tammeegirl
    tammeegirl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I go commando!! and I love it, more comfortable!!:laugh: .....BUT I only do so with pants that are not so paper thin that whenever I bend over you can see my goodies. I have seen people like that in the gym so I make sure to wear appropriate workout gear so as not to traumatize those around me LOL.
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    ...Really, there are people who care about visible panty lines while working out? |: I wear plain ol' regular cotton briefs and a sports bra under loose-fitting shorts (or sweatpants, depending) and an old t-shirt. I am not there to impress anybody with my amazing fashion sense and lack of seams across my asscheeks, and I have literally never found myself looking at someone else in the gym and thinking "oh snap you can totes see her panties."
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Nope... I wear yoga pants and undies look nasty under them
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Simply depends on my mood. : ))

There's an option - depends...

Yuo wear depends? :laugh:
  • tmlandis
    tmlandis Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHA! I've seriously only heard the term "snail trail" on my PG boards!

For me it depends. I sweat...ALOT so if I'm in the gym I do wear panties to help soak up some of it. When I'm running, I generally don't wear them with my compression shorts, too much material getting wadded up. I wear black ones or some color that you can't really tell the amount of sweat that is pouring from my body.
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day. If I do wear underwear it's a thong, but I hate going through like 3 pairs of underwear a day (i have been working out 2x a day and rinsing off after each workout) so I have been going commando.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Really depends on the day, and what I'm doing. I never work out with people, so I don't care if I have panty lines that anyone would see, but if I'm running, I like to go without, because I hate pulling wedgies along the roadside. Other workouts, I might wear them or not, but sometimes that's dependent on whether or not I've done the laundry.. :blushing:
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have tried all 3 ways....commando.....thong.....cotton briefs. Seems to me its a comfort thing I like my cotton grandma panties no unwanted "rubbing" in certain areas which I got from the thong.... and commando I felt like I was commiting a crime in public LOL!!!!
    LMAOOOOO - Commiting a crimeing public...hahahaaaaaa!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,996 Member
    Options
    I do wear panties under my work-out wear.
  • Angela_Freeborn
    Options
    Umm yes I love my cotton briefs when working out!!!!

Where's the" like" button lol :)
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Commando. I NEVER wear undies when I work out. It's just not comfortable for me...then again, I don't wear undies most of the time anyway unless I'm wearing jeans or a skirt/dress :)

It's quite liberating haha
  • dorairwin
    Options
    :laugh: Yes I wear undies when i am working out
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    *raises eyebrow*
  • hippiequeen8767
    Options
    Yes i wear undies when I am working out, I also bring a change for after the fact. I would hate to think of sweat marks and the possible problems with yeast infections if not!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one who didnt. I dont :blushing: . I dont like that wet diaper feel when I workout and sweat in that area. After your done your soaked and start to get cold. If you have workout shorts a sports bra or workout pants they have a different material that soaks up the sweat so you dont feel as wet when you workout. I feel weird sharing that.
    Don't feel weird. When you have good workout gear...they have the material for that specific reason....

This. I always wear appropriate workout gear that makes underwear totally unnecessary. Different strokes though, I can understand why people would feel more comfortable wearing undies as well!
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I am strongly for underwear while working out!

I may have been guilty in high school of telling the wrestling team which members of my cheer squad didn't wear underwear so they could give them hell...it's just nasty.