Ladies, do you wear undies when working out?

Options

Replies

• ditzyFlip
    ditzyFlip Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Where can I find these? Do stores carry them or do I have to order online?
    I would safely assume specialty stores such as Sports Authority would carry such items.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Depends which workout pants I'm wearing....I usually change my underwear to a thong, don't want panty lines showing when I'm doing squats and deadlifts. :-)

Same here, I dont like panty lines and it always a thong....

In my super cute yoga-style capris, it's a thong. Otherwise, cotton undies and yes I change from my "work clothes undies" to "workout" undies. Lace and sweat is only good in certain situations ;) so is going commando... :D
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I'm more shocked at people not wearing proper workout gear than some are about people going commando. All, Nike, Under Armor, Adidas, Reebok, etc. are professionals at workout gear and clothing. They thought it out and lined the clothing in the crouch area to catch the sweat. Sometimes you have to pay a few extra $$$ for some good gear....but it will save you from reaching in your rear the whole time pulling your undies out. If you have to have on something. Try the compression shorts, I find that those rise too - if they aren't tight enough.

Where can I find these? Do stores carry them or do I have to order online?

Check out any local sporting goods store like Academy (do they have those other places than Texas?) or you can shop online. You can pretty much find any Nike gear or Under Armor at any decent sporting goods place.
  • SalamandaSalad
    Options
    Ugghh... I can't even imagine if I DIDN'T?! I already rock a potent swamp *kitten*... my already snail trail remains would be a fkn slip & slide on the machines.
    hahahahahahahah snail trail
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine going commando icky sweat. I don't give a freak who can see my underwear lines in the gym - I'm there to workout! Therefore cotton undies . . . I save the good ones for non-workout times.
  • kidbxrs
    kidbxrs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    yes I do and some gyms reguest that you do so. I just think it adds a layer of protection from the sweating getting all over the equiptement at the gym.
  • bmkx0
    bmkx0 Posts: 308
    Options
    Commando. I NEVER wear undies when I work out. It's just not comfortable for me...then again, I don't wear undies most of the time anyway unless I'm wearing jeans or a skirt/dress :)

It's quite liberating haha

agreed. i do it on the regular lol. its really more comfortable to not.
  • Jazzyrose77
    Jazzyrose77 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Depends.
    The compression pants/tights feel better without underwear.
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Uh Huh.. now the question is.. how OFTEN do you wash those things.. don't lie!! I smell you!! LOL..
  • dendra7
    dendra7 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    <--- only these kind of undies.

Seriously, I've read thongs will channel all that butt bacteria right to your hoo- haa.

I was a pro-undie girl before but I am much drier and happier going commando. And big cotton undies just keep you sitting in a pair of wet panties. Now, that's way worse than allowing the air to work it's magic in a pair of dry-weave workout pants. They don't make dry-weave underwear. Giant cotton panties and/or thong...now that's nasty.

And who doesn't wipe down equipment after sitting on it? Of course we do!
  • ditzyFlip
    ditzyFlip Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Uh Huh.. now the question is.. how OFTEN do you wash those things.. don't lie!! I smell you!! LOL..
    Do you smell fish? O:

LOLGROSS
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Ew, who wouldn't wear undies when working out, bleh! I can see how it might be annoying at times though-- I've had a few days where it's just a pain to wear them because they start to slide down (from being too large) or just plain old create wedgies. Anyway, yeah, I just stick with the underwear I wore the night before (why get a new pair dirty).
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

Hahaha now THAT'S how you get some kind of infection! Wash your workout gear before you wear it again!
  • LUVNME94
    Options
    I work out in under garments. I then take a shower and put on clean under garments. I belive with a woman's delicate skin when working out you need something else to help absorb the sweat. That is just my two cents.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Commando for workouts - thongs for the rest of life. No panty lines.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I wear underwear, yeah.
  • Veganbambina
    Veganbambina Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Ugghh... I can't even imagine if I DIDN'T?! I already rock a potent swamp *kitten*... my already snail trail remains would be a fkn slip & slide on the machines.

LOL!! This is me....I couldn't imagine not wearing any underwear, I sweat like crazy down there as it is when I workout...so much that if I'm wearing light colored workout pants, I look like I've pissed on myself. And the snail trail every time I get up is embarrassing....

LOL!! I AGREE! The little bit of fabric that is there helps A LOT with holding some of the "swampass" in!
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    No! I wear spandex shorts and if I try and wear underwear, they ride up and drive me NUTS!
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I do not but I don't wear shorts ever!

and I don't get swampass
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Thong, hand's down. Regular underwear just gives me wedgies. I move freely wearing less fabric.