Ladies, do you wear undies when working out?

Options

Replies

• bellavie23
    bellavie23 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    well Ive had 4 kids, 3 still living, I don't have a issue with needing to work on my kegel exercises, however only one of mine was natural, so that probably has something to do with it, but it just depends what I plan on doing and wearing, I agree sometimes underwear becomes a issue compared to not wearing it. I have never had a issue with sweating profusely and when I do it isn't down there. However, I think it just depends. Just like it depends what Im wearing to if I wear a bra or not 9/10 I would need to because it is just uncomfortable not having one on and jumping.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Ugghh... I can't even imagine if I DIDN'T?! I already rock a potent swamp *kitten*... my already snail trail remains would be a fkn slip & slide on the machines.
    Hahahahaha, exactly!
  • bellavie23
    bellavie23 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    LOL All my modesty got lost having my co-workers deliver my children and one of the guys who I had been stationed with for years coming in while Im naked saying 'nice tattoo' just to be a *kitten* lol and someone should be prepared to only have to look once if I was have their 'omg she isnt wearing underwear' moment and move on with their bad self. I honestly would not care before/during/after in this scenario.
    Ugghh... I can't even imagine if I DIDN'T?! I already rock a potent swamp *kitten*... my already snail trail remains would be a fkn slip & slide on the machines.

LOL!! This is me....I couldn't imagine not wearing any underwear, I sweat like crazy down there as it is when I workout...so much that if I'm wearing light colored workout pants, I look like I've pissed on myself. And the snail trail every time I get up is embarrassing....

I was just telling a coworker a few minutes ago that this happened to me last night. I was wearing light gray capri pants and a long t-shirt. When I work out, I get SOAKED! The sweat literally runs down my arms, face, back, and legs. So gross! Anyway, I got home and took off my shirt. As I did so, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and realized that it looked like I had peed my pants. :blushing: I was like, "Ohhhh, I HOPE my shirt was long enough to cover that..."

To answer the question, yes, I wear cotton high cut briefs. I find that the cotton breathes better than most materials, and the briefs don't ride up like bikinis.

To those of you who have said you go commando when running outside...you should be warned. If you were to have some sort of accident (i.e. God forbid, someone should run off the road and accidentally hit you with their car), the EMT's don't ask if you're wearing underwear first. They just cut off your pants/shorts right there in front of God and everybody. You'd be buck naked from the waist down, completely exposed to total strangers. Some of you will say, "Well, if I'm lying there unconscious and fighting for my life, the last thing I'm gonna be worried about is what I am or am not wearing." Well, I'm thinkin' about it NOW, and, personally, I'd be mortified to find out, after the fact, that who knows how many perfect strangers had seen me naked.
  • karagaddy
    karagaddy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes I wear them...Controls some of the sweat...
  • letashatastic
    letashatastic Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am sitting here laughing at myself. I didn't realize that many women wore undies when they workout ... or at all. I guess I should start wearing them again ... one of these days. :drinker:
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Always wear them except with my running shorts that have the built ins. If EMTs ever have to cut them off - oh well :ohwell: I can think of worse things.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to have found this thread because I have been having the same issues. I wear undies when I workout. I do both weight training and cardio on the elliptical. I don't have underwear issues when working out with weights, only when I am on the elliptical. They are constantly riding up on me and driving me nuts. I don't want to go commando because it grosses me out. I was wondering if there are workout pants with built in underwear or a specific type of underwear that's good to wear under my pants so that they won't ride up on me. I'm tired of picking out my wedgies!
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    It depends on what I'm doing. If I'm cycling and wearing bike shorts then heck no! I've been there done that and it's not comfortable and beside no one sits on that seat but me. If I wear running shorts with built in panties then no but any other workout gear yes I wear panties cotton hipsters but I still sweat and look like I pissed my pants even with cotton panties on. Yes I do wipe down the machines when I'm done because my no matter how many layers I have on my big *kitten* still leaves a sweaty booty print!
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to have found this thread because I have been having the same issues. I wear undies when I workout. I do both weight training and cardio on the elliptical. I don't have underwear issues when working out with weights, only when I am on the elliptical. They are constantly riding up on me and driving me nuts. I don't want to go commando because it grosses me out. I was wondering if there are workout pants with built in underwear or a specific type of underwear that's good to wear under my pants so that they won't ride up on me. I'm tired of picking out my wedgies!

I have a bunch of running shorts with built ins - love them.
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    My running shorts have them built in, so I guess I don't wear underwear when I'm running :blushing:

When I have a fitness class ( boot camp or zumba) I wear them and I've never thought about "panty lines" ....now I'm sure I'll be looking at my butt in the mirror to see if I have them, :laugh:

Sports bra, depends on the shirt, like my running shorts, most of my shirts have "built in" sports bras. If not, I definitely wear one.
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Ok, for those that are worried about the peeps who go commando and sweating everywhere....I go commando sometimes...well a lot of times, if I don't have my compression shorts...but my gym clothes..which are typically Nike Dri-Fit or Under Armor has good crouch material. When you have proper work out clothing, you do not need all the extras...it is made for you to perform, so you do not get the sweaty crouch marks, etc. The extras (undies) are just for your comfort level, IMO. I just don't the undies ladies, to have the misconception of the non undies ladies. Okay, carry on.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I purchased a few compression shorts and I love them, no undies necessary with them. :flowerforyou:
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    I do, but seriously debating on ditching the panties! I absolutely HATE getting wedgies while working out, totally throws me off my game. Maybe it's just me, but I haven't found a pair of undies that didn't creep up my crack yet. Since finally losing the weight I wanted, I've been transitioning to spandex...I'm thinking I'll be going commando here sooooooon!
    I buy gear that has the undies or crouch in it. I love it. I can go commando...but sometimes I wear my Nike compression shorts - its an undergarment for working out. Try Nike Dri-Fit pants and Under Armor, they have good pants...it hides the sweat, and you don't have the underwear issues. Good Luck.
  • tinamatteson
    tinamatteson Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yes I do...and the thought of others in the gym NOT wearing and then sweating profusely make me EVEN more determined to be sure I wipe down benches BEFORE I use them

Jen :wink:

My thoughts EXACTLY!
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    I thought I was the only one who didnt. I dont :blushing: . I dont like that wet diaper feel when I workout and sweat in that area. After your done your soaked and start to get cold. If you have workout shorts a sports bra or workout pants they have a different material that soaks up the sweat so you dont feel as wet when you workout. I feel weird sharing that.
    Don't feel weird. When you have good workout gear...they have the material for that specific reason....
  • kyrakoala
    Options
    i wear cotton undies, because i get into trouble with the sweat build up in nike shorts. the cotton absorbs the sweat so it doesn't cause any skin problems :)
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Commando or thongs...I hate VPL in my workout clothes...or any clothes really
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    I'm more shocked at people not wearing proper workout gear than some are about people going commando. All, Nike, Under Armor, Adidas, Reebok, etc. are professionals at workout gear and clothing. They thought it out and lined the clothing in the crouch area to catch the sweat. Sometimes you have to pay a few extra $$$ for some good gear....but it will save you from reaching in your rear the whole time pulling your undies out. If you have to have on something. Try the compression shorts, I find that those rise too - if they aren't tight enough.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I have to wear underwear when I workout b/c I have to wear bladder control protection if I'm going to be jumping/jogging/etc. Thanks, pregnancies. But I also workout at home so no concern over panty lines.
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    I love my dry fit Under Armour & New Balance undies. Dry fit clothes are Heaven sent. :love:
    I totally agree. I love Dry Fit....