Ladies, do you wear undies when working out?

Options

Replies

• galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    uhm yes.......... There is nothing more gross to me than butt sweat and having it show........ ick!

Edit: based on these answers, I am gonna start carrying around a can of lysol at the gym.
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    WaitWut?
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Yes I wear a good sports bra and whatever old g-string I may own!
  • ditzyFlip
    ditzyFlip Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    LOL @ the men in this thread.

I wear undies. It baffles me to read that some women don't. O: I wouldn't want anyone seeing a cameltoe, but then again I usually wear athletic skirts.

EDIT; I, too, will always hose down the equipment now before I use it. D:
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    The fact that this question was even asked.. Not even going to go through the comments... FREAKING gross.. 1. undergarments are designed to CONTROL moisture normally from a woman in that area.. the thought of running around funky va jay jay rubbing up against clothing getting chafed, sweaty, then I am potentially sitting on machine behind this person who could have any manner of cootie with even LESS of a layer of protection.. not to mention the level of overweightedness (yes i had to make up a word for this).. visions of yeast infections, vaginitiis dancing in my head... Lord im lightheaded.... ok imma stop there before i toss cookies i havent even eaten...
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    uhm yes.......... There is nothing more gross to me than butt sweat and having it show........ ick!

Edit: based on these answers, I am gonna start carrying around a can of lysol at the gym.

This. Not only is regular sweat gross, but the thought of vag sweat, is even grosser.
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options

I wear undies. It baffles me to read that some women don't. O: I wouldn't want anyone seeing a cameltoe, but then again I usually wear athletic skirts.
    Doh Busted
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

If you wear the appropriate workout gear, you won't have camel toe. It's pricier, but it is that for a reason. I have never worn underwear with good workout gear. My Nike shorts have built ins and all my running leggings/tights have reinforced crotches and are made of a specific material for this very reason. Underwear is not necessary. But hey, whatever makes you more comfortable!
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options

^^^^^^ does it come in industrial strength??
  • ditzyFlip
    Options
    Doh Busted
    Yeah, i c wut u did thar lol.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    The fact that this question was even asked.. Not even going to go through the comments... FREAKING gross.. 1. undergarments are designed to CONTROL moisture normally from a woman in that area.. the thought of running around funky va jay jay rubbing up against clothing getting chafed, sweaty, then I am potentially sitting on machine behind this person who could have any manner of cootie with even LESS of a layer of protection.. not to mention the level of overweightedness (yes i had to make up a word for this).. visions of yeast infections, vaginitiis dancing in my head... Lord im lightheaded.... ok imma stop there before i toss cookies i havent even eaten...

^^^^^^^^ this 100%!! This thread grosses me out a little....
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options

This. Not only is regular sweat gross, but the thought of vag sweat, is even grosser.

^ agreed!!!!! There are certain sweats that one should keep to themselves.......... on a related note, could I pick up some sort of nastiness that would require antibiotics or valtrex from my row machine?????? EEEEEEWWWWWWWW
  • ditzyFlip
    Options
    If you wear the appropriate workout gear, you won't have camel toe. It's pricier, but it is that for a reason. I have never worn underwear with good workout gear. My Nike shorts have built ins and all my running leggings/tights have reinforced crotches and are made of a specific material for this very reason. Underwear is not necessary. But hey, whatever makes you more comfortable!
    How expensive are we talking? o_o I bought all my pairs of athletic skirts at Target for like, 17, 18$.
  • TexasRaised89
    TexasRaised89 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I wear whatever undies I am wearing for that day, put on a sports bra, yoga pants or stretch pants of some sort and a tank top or wife beater.
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Nope. I wear spandex and it's not comfortable to wear underwear with them.
  • seoid
    seoid Posts: 151
    Options
    thong under workout pants
  • AreneeG31
    AreneeG31 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I usually wear undies, may change the kind im wearing depending on my workout clothes tho. i try to avoid major panty lines but, it doesnt matter, guys usually stare at ur booty anyway! lol
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I'm more shocked at people not wearing proper workout gear than some are about people going commando. All, Nike, Under Armor, Adidas, Reebok, etc. are professionals at workout gear and clothing. They thought it out and lined the clothing in the crouch area to catch the sweat. Sometimes you have to pay a few extra $$$ for some good gear....but it will save you from reaching in your rear the whole time pulling your undies out. If you have to have on something. Try the compression shorts, I find that those rise too - if they aren't tight enough.

Where can I find these? Do stores carry them or do I have to order online?
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    How expensive are we talking? o_o I bought all my pairs of athletic skirts at Target for like, 17, 18$.

My Nike Pro Combats were around $30, and the ones I have for running in colder weather were closer to $45. Under Armor can run like $35-$50. Like I said, pricey, but the appropriate workout gear (not just for going commando) is SO worth it. Plus it lasts a really long time, very durable, and extremely good product. Lululemon Athletica's prices are similar to Under Armor.
  • bmkx0
    bmkx0 Posts: 308
    Options
    not always