Ladies, do you wear undies when working out?

Options

Replies

• Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    It depends.... A thong usually with my yoga pants. If I'm wearing running shorts with the built in "thingy" I will do commando or where whatever I am wearing.
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Depends which workout pants I'm wearing....I usually change my underwear to a thong, don't want panty lines showing when I'm doing squats and deadlifts. :-)

Same here, I dont like panty lines and it always a thong....

Same for me too...just can't go without SOMETHING
  • Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    No, I dont.
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am a bit repulsed by the idea of people going commando while working out.
    Yes I where panties when I work out, whatever I have worn to work that day. Generally they're cotton bikini's, but I've been known to toss on the occasional granny pantie depending on what's clean. Thongs are another definite no no for me while working out, the wedgie would drive me bonkers.
  • Msilges
    Options
    I go commando! The reason being is my undies tend to creep up all the time and I dont like that feeling.
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed at all of you who wear thongs to work out and run in. I find them so uncomfortable in general.

^^ This

I am in love with boyshorts instead.. no VPL and comfy.. don't stop the guys at the gym staring at my butt either
  • vxjammiedodgerxv
    vxjammiedodgerxv Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have never even thought of going commando while exercising. The thought that some people do is gross to me lol. To think that the person who was on the bike before me in the gym had their sweaty bits rubbing against the seat has just made me want to scrub the seat a bit harder from now on! eww:noway:
  • belladonna1012
    Options
    Ugh! lol:laugh: :laugh:
  • belladonna1012
    Options
    I don't wear undies... just my sports bra. I feel more comfortable going bare...:bigsmile:
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Undies, fo sho. But I usually work out at home or my apartment's workout room, which is usually empty.
  • Just_Bethy
    Options
    Yes of course! Not just for my own personal hygiene but out of consideration for others!! ...ohhh now I am gonna be scrubbing the machines down before using them!! Dang it! LOL
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    ...unless I forgot them. (That has happened.)

But I used to live in Phoenix, and at that point started going commando at all times. I mean, you have to wash your pants a little more often, but in that heat, I was just looking to get rid of as many layers as possible! Now that I'm back where we have seasons (including cold ones), I must have about 100 pairs.

I also think it's hilarious that some people worry about panty lines at the gym...
  • Karmynzahringer
    Karmynzahringer Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Depends which workout pants I'm wearing....I usually change my underwear to a thong, don't want panty lines showing when I'm doing squats and deadlifts. :-)
    You are brave ^^ There is no way I want a string up my butt chafing me while I try to concentrate on reps!

To answer the OP, no, I just wear a cotton/spandex blend of shorts (similar to compression) that are snug, and can put my sweats, or other shorts over them. They are SOOO comfy!
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    Simply depends on my mood. : ))
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I am there to workout... could care less if I have panty lines. Yes I wear panties... Couldn't imagine the sweat marks if I didn't!

Same. Commando is never comfy for me, at the gym or elsewhere

I try to wear only cotton underthings because it breathes a lot better - less chance of a yeast infection.
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    I go commando! The reason being is my undies tend to creep up all the time and I dont like that feeling.

Yes, I don't see how you women working out in underwear don't have full-on wedgies the entire time. Maybe it's just because my butt is just so large that it consumes the underwear in a matter of minutes, but if I wear them I spend the entire time trying to find a way to surreptitiously pick them out of my cheeks. Even thongs seem to find a way to crawl into all of the most uncomfortable places while working out...

Luckily for everyone, I do all of my working out at home or outside, so no one has to fear my pantyless state at the gym.
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Yes I do. Cotton undies are a must! They help prevent chaffing and soak up sweat! lol I tend to do my workouts in the evening so I just wear the undies I had on that day, and then shower after and change. And btw, the thought that some random chick at the gym ISNT wearing undies and leaving all her "down there" sweat all over the machines is just NASTY!!! And that is why I ALWAYS wipe down the machines before sitting on or touching them! lol
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I have never even thought of going commando while exercising. The thought that some people do is gross to me lol. To think that the person who was on the bike before me in the gym had their sweaty bits rubbing against the seat has just made me want to scrub the seat a bit harder from now on! eww:noway:

See, I don't get this. They weren't naked. Does one more thin layer of fabric really make that much of a difference? I highly doubt it.
  • katielouise24
    Options
    I wear my bf's boxer shorts haha they fit perfectly!
  • sistatv
    sistatv Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    plus one for the Panty posse... tee hee