Is this your year to hit the big 30?

Options

Replies

• determined1221
    determined1221 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I turned 30 in December and while the number isnt bugging me it has motivated me, I just ready to focus more on me and achieve everything I have been putting on the backburner. 30 is a great year!
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    I turned 30 last December, it did bother me, mostly the day of my birthday. But I am fine with it now. Its just a number. I am 30 and thriving! And in the best shape of my adult life! :happy:
  • JennATC
    Options
    I'll be 30 in April and I'm getting married in Nov, so I think this well be my year! May as well look forward to the new decade of my life, can't change it anyway!
  • emandashmom
    Options
    I will be 30 in September, goal is down 30 by 30 (hopefully more, but down 40 by 30 isn't as catchy). LOL! Need to be healthy so that 30 isn't as daunting. Not sure how I feel about it yet, but I am sure as September approaches the number might freak me out a little, but it is just a number and I hope to look and feel better then most of my 20's!
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    30 IN NOVEMBER!! bring it on :)
  • jennmartin82
    Options
    OMG Yes! I turn 30 in May and i'm not looking forward to it, I also spent my 30's just being mommy and raising my daughter. She will be 11 this year, so I think it's time to start thinking about me a little more too!

30- just scares me! lol and motivates me!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Yes-will turn 30 in sept this year. Gonna continuing with working out and eating right. Start the 30's out right:-)
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I'll be 30 in May. It's been freaking me out and bearing down on me ever since I turned 29 (actually, probably since I turned 28), but just recently I started to think about it... my 20's have sucked. There have been good moments, but a lot of it has been crappy. But I've learned so much and gained so much confidence in that time, so now I know I should actually be excited for my 30's. They're going to be so much better than my 20's. I'm going to do all the things I've been wanting to do but was too afraid. Bring it on!
  • klb620
    klb620 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My 30th is this June...... I have about 4 months and am hoping to be well into this journey before then. I have always been 'big', and am sick of it!

They say the older you get, the harder it is to lose the weight, for some reason I feel like the day of my 30th is when I'm going to have to work twice as hard to lose it, so I'm really trying to get as much done now as possible.

Is that the most ridiculous thing you've ever heard?!?!?! LOL
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    30 in June. This is going to be my decade of FUN - gonna get my ears triple pierced, party while looking hot (well, hot for ME), possibly have a tattoo done.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I turned 30 in December....but welcome to the new 'club'! lol :)
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'll be 30 in May........totally dreading it but I guess it will be ok. I plan to be in the best shape I have been in a long time by then.
  • jsflare
    Options
    I will be 30 in April and hoping to hit my goal by then!!! 8 pounds to go!!!
  • StacyX582
    Options
    Wow, so many people turning 30!!

I turn 30 in May, this is my year to turn it around and make this decade the best one yet :) Glad to see everyone feels the same!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Already there....bought the t shirt..returned the t shirt......got on the ride and realized 30 is going to be my new leaner and healthier 20s
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I will be turning 30 in May. I will compensate by running, jogging, walking, crawling ( whatever it takes to do it) a total of 30 miles of hilly country roads, starting bright and early morning of my birthday.

This will either magically make me 10 years younger or kill me. Either way, I won't be 30 anymore.
  • ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 now but looking back my 30's were the best time of my life !
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 last July and it was a great day. I burned over 1200-1300 calories in the morning and then I went to the spa for the rest of the day(well until about 5pmish) . Then my husband and our two kids, took me out to dinner that night. It was fantastic!

I feel better than ever. Just remember it's ONLY a number. If you make your life great, nothing else matters.

Enjoy it!
  • jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have to say, I felt a little weird about turning 30 last year but I am enjoying my 30s MUCH MORE than I ever enjoyed my 20s. I think it has to do with really feeling stable. I know exactly who I am, what I want to do and where I want to be. You really stop caring about what other people think and embrace life. Oh, and you have money (more than you had in your twenties, at least :D).
  • Andrewcpimpin
    Andrewcpimpin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yep this July big 30. Spent my 20 mostly single partying worked as a chef for the last 10 years. So not.only surrounded by good food the lifestyle that goes with it. Tons of alcohol. Cigarettes. Late nights earlymornings long hours. Not eating because food makes you think of work Ect Ect. Changed career and now changing myself