The real key to losing weight is Metabolism!!

Options

Replies

• km47
    km47 Posts: 34
    Options
    Great information but will only add that if you are going to eat a not great food----do your best to balance it with a really good food. for example. If you decide you are going to eat something like ice cream. Eat your healthy foods FIRST. Don't skimp the healthy food to allow room in your calorie budget for the not so good stuff. If that means you go over, then so be it---exercise more but don't cut the good fuels. You need the good food to keep your body healthy and to maintain your blood sugar levels. If you eat a huge piece of cake with ice cream and skip dinner. Those fat and sugar go directly into your blood stream and are more likely to then go right into fat production/storage. If you eat the same thing with Protein and good carbs, your cody manages it differently and you are also more likely to eat less of the bad stuff because you are full. So, don't make your self crazy by denying everything and then go crazy---eat healthy first!
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Wish the message boards would create a forum called "Argue with Everything I Say"... Then we'd know where to stay away from.

Thank you for the time you spent putting your thoughts together to share with us...
  • inesribeiro
    Options
    i think im going to save this information. thank you so much!
    so useful! :)
  • madd791
    madd791 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info....it confirms some of my own beliefs...im not sure about the not burning while im sleeping part...cause in the morning is when i weigh the least...but thanks....
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Im assuming if I eat all sugar wait till thats digested and then eat all protein those 2 things dont have a chance to meet up? Can anyone tell me if Im way off?

You're way off, since you asked :)

It makes no difference whether or not you mix macronutrients. All that matters as it pertains specifically to weight loss and outside of personal preference and individual intolerances, is that over the course of time you are in a caloric deficit with adequate macronutrient intake. Do this and fat oxidation will exceed fat storage and you will net fat loss regardless of acute processes/results.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Great information but will only add that if you are going to eat a not great food----do your best to balance it with a really good food. for example. If you decide you are going to eat something like ice cream. Eat your healthy foods FIRST. Don't skimp the healthy food to allow room in your calorie budget for the not so good stuff. If that means you go over, then so be it---exercise more but don't cut the good fuels. You need the good food to keep your body healthy and to maintain your blood sugar levels. If you eat a huge piece of cake with ice cream and skip dinner. Those fat and sugar go directly into your blood stream and are more likely to then go right into fat production/storage. If you eat the same thing with Protein and good carbs, your cody manages it differently and you are also more likely to eat less of the bad stuff because you are full. So, don't make your self crazy by denying everything and then go crazy---eat healthy first!

Umm, no. Total calories dictate what gets put into fat storage or not, the breakdown of the food doesn't matter. The body doesn't recognize individual foods. Your digestive systems sees everything on a molecular level, the form you eat it in doesn't make a bit of difference.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I wish people would actually read the whole thread, and not just take the OP on face value....
  • kisha1977
    kisha1977 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the post on what works for you, great suggestions. I am not sure why people get so serious on these post, when its just suggestions geez!
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    When you are sleeping at night, so is your metabolism.

That is nonsense. I expect this to lead to the "breakfast myth"...and I was right...

2.) Frequency of Eating:

The typical American diet is to skip breakfast, grab a decent lunch, over-eat at supper and snack at night. BAD IDEA!! To promote your body's metabolism, you should eat 5-6-7 times small meals per day.

Numerous studies have found this to not be true. This is one of those myths that need to die.

Skipping breakfast IS bad!!!!!! You should never do it!
  • rjbalcer
    Options
    Thank you for all the info.! Can you look at my food and exercise diary and give me some constructive criticism? I have only lost 4 lbs. in 2 months.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    When you are sleeping at night, so is your metabolism.

That is nonsense. I expect this to lead to the "breakfast myth"...and I was right...

2.) Frequency of Eating:

The typical American diet is to skip breakfast, grab a decent lunch, over-eat at supper and snack at night. BAD IDEA!! To promote your body's metabolism, you should eat 5-6-7 times small meals per day.

Numerous studies have found this to not be true. This is one of those myths that need to die.

Why? Can you show me a real, scientific reason for it? We evolved eating maybe once a day, or once every couple days. Do you really think your body cares what time you eat?
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options

What makes you say that? Are Kelloggs paying you? Is it something you heard down the pub, or from a mate's mate, or from some buff dude at the gym? Can you back up that statement?
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Very informative. Thanks for posting.
  • km47
    Options
    but the rate of metabolizing that food is very different. That is why when a diabetic person has a low blood sugar, you give them something without fat to bring their blood sugar up---juice is usually the preferred because of this fact. You would not give a diabetic a piece of steak to treat a low blood sugar, right? My point wasn't so much that as it is you need to eat healthy first and you shouldn't sacrifice the healthy foods otherwise you could spend all of your calories on junk and still be within your calorie range but not be meeting your fitness goals.
  • DL121004
    DL121004 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am not sure why people get so serious on these post, when its just suggestions geez!

I can't speak for the others, but for myself, I see this as a place where people come for good information.

Accordingly, if someone posts bad information, it can be helpful to the community to refute that bad information.
  • km47
    Options
    but the rate of metabolizing that food is very different. That is why when a diabetic person has a low blood sugar, you give them something without fat to bring their blood sugar up---juice is usually the preferred because of this fact. You would not give a diabetic a piece of steak to treat a low blood sugar, right? My point wasn't so much that as it is you need to eat healthy first and you shouldn't sacrifice the healthy foods otherwise you could spend all of your calories on junk and still be within your calorie range but not be meeting your fitness goals.
  • osorio1
    Options
    Bump
  • hollymeeker
    Options
    Thank you so much for breaking this down for me! No one has explained the details of how it all works. I can't thank you enough. I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to copy, print it and put it on the refrigerator.

As far as the small meals...how many calories do you recommend? Could you write down an example for me?

Have a great day! :happy:
  • OneSchrutebuck
    Options
    I thought this was great. Thank you for sharing!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Im assuming if I eat all sugar wait till thats digested and then eat all protein those 2 things dont have a chance to meet up? Can anyone tell me if Im way off?

You're way off, since you asked :)

It makes no difference whether or not you mix macronutrients. All that matters as it pertains specifically to weight loss and outside of personal preference and individual intolerances, is that over the course of time you are in a caloric deficit with adequate macronutrient intake. Do this and fat oxidation will exceed fat storage and you will net fat loss regardless of acute processes/results.

Thank you for replying. But if thats true why am I lighter today then I was yesterday after eating over 1000 calories more then normal?