Post-Bulking Progress Pictures (Female)

Rae6503
Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
So I shall start from the beginning. July 2010, I had just given birth to my third child and was 180lbs. Honestly I didn't take any real "before" pictures. BUT I did take some at a similar point after the birth of my second child and I can asure you I was in exactly the same shape so I will use those:

180lbs:
Compare_front-1.jpg

Fast forward to April. I had lost 19 lbs by trying to eat better, exercising occasionally and breast feeding (although my body is NOT one to lose weight while breast feeding, most of it had come off after I weaned at 5 months). I was NOT counting calories up to this point.

161lbs:
DSC01626.jpg

I started Turbo Fire in May, started MFP in June. This was Sept. 1:

149lbs:
DSC01715.jpg

DSC01716.jpg

I gained a pound "accidentally" in September, started lifting "heavy" October 2, and decided to "bulk" in mid October. So I've been "bulking" since. Eating about 3000 calories a day. Lifting heavy 3-5 times a week, including my most favorite lifts squats and deadlifts. My squats have gone from just the bar, 45lbs to 95lbs. My deads have gone from 65lbs to almost body weight at 155lbs (both are 3 sets of 8). I had decided to bulk until March or 160lbs which ever came first. 160lbs came first.

160lbs:
DSC01915.jpg

DSC01914.jpg

So yes, the above pictures are only ONE pound less than the second picture. One pound, but a size 12 jeans vs. a size 6. I love muscles.

So the plan for the future is to eat at maintenance a couple of week then start to cut again probably by eating about 2300 calories a day. I’m actually pretty happy with where I’m at except a little bit of love handles and my thighs. I’m not sure how much weight I’ll cut. My goal is definitely a moving target. I’ll probably go back down to 150ish and then reassess.

Replies

• Rae6503
    And just to really make the comparison clear:

DSC01626-1.jpg
  • ciara19
    ciara19 Posts: 19 Member
    That's insane! Great job!!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Amazing work!
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    A true inspiration!!! I think i will try cutting in May before the summer. I'm lifting heavy and the scaled does get me down as it increases although inch wise theres not too much different to when i was eating a lot less and busting a gut at the gym .
  • kfox15
    kfox15 Posts: 97 Member
    OMG fantastic! I started heavy lifting about 3 weeks ago and I love the results so far. Your pics really motivate me to forgot the scale and focus on inches and shape. Every woman should lift like this!
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    This is what I want to do! Did you work with a personal trainer or read a book that was a good guide, or did you do it all by yourself through trial and error?
  • Rae6503
    This is what I want to do! Did you work with a personal trainer or read a book that was a good guide, or did you do it all by yourself through trial and error?

I started with New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women. I only did stage 1, then I decided to switch to something more "body building" focuses. A trainer friend of mine here gave me a workout, which took too long so I separated it into upper / lower body splits (and made a few other changes). The upper and lower body splits makes it possible to lift 2 or even 3 days in a row, rather than just every other day.
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    great job, that is amazing and so interesting! How tall are you?
  • Rae6503
    great job, that is amazing and so interesting! How tall are you?

Thanks. I'm 5'9'
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    you are my hero. You are doing great and the difference is fantastique!!!!
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    You are such an inspiration Girl. I am also 5' 9" and working towards the new strong is sexy look! Love it!
  • Haha you should have made the thread title "Size 12 to Size 6 with only 1lb lost" AWESOME job!
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    What a great story and amazing difference! I wish stories like these were at the top of these message boards for the women who are scared of looking like a man.

Do you have any specific strength goals? I know you said you are about to start cutting but I'm just curious.

I just started with New Rules a couple weeks ago and I like it so far....although I was doing fewer reps with heavier weights before so I'm not used to the higher (12-15 rep) stuff. I'll be glad when I get down to 8!
  • br2012
    br2012 Posts: 52 Member
    OMG. thanks for posting the same weight side by side. That's awesome. I have lost 0 lbs in 3 months but have so much more definition due to daily workouts and increasing weight and protein %. Your pics prove its not for nothing!
  • allisshiney
    allisshiney Posts: 107 Member
    Fantastic
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Great job!
  • Oh wow, that's awesome! Thanks for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Awesome! Just what I needed to see. Good for you...you are an inspiration!
  • kcfaber
    kcfaber Posts: 123 Member
    Thanks so much for posting this! Just the encouragement I need to keep lifting heavy. I'm on Stage 4 of NROL4W and what a difference in my body if not the scale. You totally rock! Awesome progress!
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    I've been watching your progress since I've been on MFP, but that last difference is a-ma-zing! I've been thinking about buying the book, but seeing your success has just pushed me from thinking to doing!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!