Nurse buddies!

Options
12346»

Replies

• BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Im a nurse too I feel your pain and to be honest all I want to do after a 12 hour shift is die on the sofa but I tend to try and do at least half an hour on the Wii Zumba or just dance and then at least I've done something. I go to the gym on my days off but it's hard. Feel free to add me. Well do it together xx
  • cmhickey616
    cmhickey616 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm a cardiac/neuro ICU nurse and I work night shift. It's hard for me to force myself to eat at night because I don't feel hungry at 3 am, but then I'm starving by 7:30 when I get off :/ I force myself to have little healthy snacks throughout my shift so I'm not so hungry when I get home.
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I'm an EN in Australia working a rotating roster. I started at 232lb, i'm down to about 221lb, Aiming for about 170. I'm 5'10".

Feel free to add me! I'm always struggling with eating at work!
  • LJV1031
    LJV1031 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    MFP nurses UNITE!!! :drinker:
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    awesome to see so many nurse on MFP.
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    If I have missed adding any of the nurses on here, please feel free to add me.
  • Marco58
    Options
    Male nurse here workin in the med-surg floor... I know theres tonnes of people on this thread so If anyone would like to add me feel free =)
  • big_eye
    big_eye Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Helloooo Nurses!!

I am also a Nurse working in Psych at Max Secure facility, ( and I love it)... I too work the part time circuit so it's 4 hrs here, 12 hours there, etc... so you want to talk about tough!! LOL

I do the best I can by trying to keep meals 4-6 hours apart, regardless of what time of day it is... seems to be working okayyy for me, but some days it does get tough especially for a Type2 DM :(

I am trying to change my old ways and forming new habits, they say habits can be formed in 21 days, so here I am day 7, you can follow my progress (if you add me, friend).

Best of luck to all, any/every effort counts no matter how small, so high 5s to all of us here!!

Cheers!
  • Lauraaaa88
    Options
    I'm a student nurse in my second year so only one more year to go. Any rn's or student nurses feel free to add me!