Best bread to eat?

Options

Replies

• tammeegirl
    tammeegirl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I eat bread sparingly but when I do I use Sunflower Market brand nine grain or multi grain. Its flavorful and only 61 cals per slice. They bake it fresh as Sunflower Market. Its dense and chewy therefore I dont mind "spending" calories on it....its rewarding. I hate fluffy meaningless breads after you eat it you think why did I spend my calories on something that tasted like AIR LOL
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Homemade, whole grain. It takes time but isn’t time consuming. The rise (usually 2 of them) takes the longest and – nothing to do but let it happen. Kneading is great exercise and a stress reliever like I can’t even describe. It doesn’t keep for weeks on the counter (real food won’t). High in calories and carbs but loaded with nutrition.
  • shack1157
    shack1157 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    If it is available in your area Aunt Millie makes a Whole Grain Bread that has 35 calories per slice. It is very tasty and appears to be very healthy! Check it out and give it a try! Again if it is available in your neck of the woods!
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I use either Orowheat Multi-grain (or whole wheat) mini rounds at 100 calories for a "bun". They make a good sandwich-holder-together. Or there's Sara Lee 45 calorie breads. Sara Lee has wheat, multi-grain and whole grain white bread. The whole grain white bread has more substance to me.. the others are too airy and almost melt in your mouth. The white at least seems like real bread and holds off hunger longer.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I'm gonna have to check out this ezekial bread

If its sold over here that is!
  • todaysanewday
    Options
    I eat pumpernickel bread, the brand is beefsteak. its 120 calories for two slices while being filling
  • kasantos79
    kasantos79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Healthy Life 30-40 calories per slice. I get the high fiber-flaxseed with omega-3 100% whole wheat whole grain.
    . Tastes great too!
  • LishaCole
    Options
    I normally go for Silver Hills sprouted grain breads, either "Squirrelly", "Big 16" or "Steadie Eddie" . They are pretty filling, and more affordable when you purchase them at Costco. . My man often buys Safeway Organics Ancient Grain breads, pretty tasty.
  • missdabby
    missdabby Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love Whole Foods Sprouted Wheat Seeduction Bread...it is Awesome

1610854.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    theres a bread i like really well it says 35 on the bag because it only has 35 cals
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Bump for later (got to hunt me down some of the Ezekiel stuff)
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Sprouted grain bread is the best option
    If you can't find it go for whole grain (not necessarily whole wheat) with as few ingredients as possible. Avoid any with lots of sugar or high fructose corn syrup (best to avoid that one altogether)...just because it says natural doesn't mean it is so read ingredients lists.
    Personally I love bread, and it's one thing I won't give up, but I have been eating less of it since I joined MFP.
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I eat Sara Lee 45 cals and delicious...can't tell the difference, it's great!
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Bump for later (got to hunt me down some of the Ezekiel stuff)
  • scorpiomfs
    scorpiomfs Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    healthy life 35 calorie bread is what i use. There is awhite and a wheat and also one with out sugur. so its only 70 cal for use in a sandwich. its made by lewis bakeries.

0 fat
    115 sodium
    16 carbs for 2 slices
    2g sugur 5g protien.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    ezekial bread...my fav is the cinnamon raisin

I get mine at Trader Joes

^THIS
  • JVanDam77
    Options
    Bump
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Ezekial Bread, all natural, high in protein and low in sodium. This is also what my trainer suggests.

Prior to switching to Ezekial I used Sara Lee 45 & Delightful Whole Grain.
  • h0t_m0m
    h0t_m0m Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I don't eat bread that much anymore but when I do I get the Ezekial Low Sodium Sprouted grain bread. I used to love cinnamon raisin bagels so my replacement is the Ezekial Cinnamon Raisin toasted with some Trader Joe's Light Organic Cream Cheese. YUM!
  • lesliefunk
    lesliefunk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    shana_phoenix- I get the Dave's bagels, called "Good Seed Halos", in the natural foods section of the grocery store Fred Meyers. Not sure if you have those where you are but if you're finding the bread, the bagels can't be too far away :)