People giving you the evil eye at the gym...

Options

Replies

• hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    men are no better...we have the same categories
    [/quote]Boss man at work was making fun of the men at the gym who... He said they do this weird measuring thing where they'll stand or walk around the machine they plan on using, and they'll.. I don't know - like, throw their arms out and "challenge" it or some stupid sh/t like that. Do some guys really do that?
    [/quote]

i may have challenged a machine or two. Suddenly I dont feel so proud of my behavior.
  • ditzyFlip
    ditzyFlip Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    as a guy, I can tell you that i have noticed 3 types of women working out
    1. the kickbutt exerciser- its all shapes and sizes in makeup or not, they are going for it
    2. the leisure exerciser- kinda taking it easy, not much sweat, but some effort
    3. the socializer exerciser- not much of anything going on there, but usually are dressed really nice

men are no better...we have the same categories
    Boss man at work was making fun of the men at the gym who... He said they do this weird measuring thing where they'll stand or walk around the machine they plan on using, and they'll.. I don't know - like, throw their arms out and "challenge" it or some stupid sh/t like that. Do some guys really do that?
    That is kind of awesome. I haven't seen it, but I wouldn't mind! xD
    It makes me think of gorillas pounding their chests at an inanimate object. D:
    i may have challenged a machine or two. Suddenly I dont feel so proud of my behavior.
    LOL.
  • SONIA820
    SONIA820 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Geesh...I didn't really know makeup was a big deal...I am not trying to impress anyone but it makes me feel better about myself so I won't do a full face unless I am going out but for day to day, you betcha I wear make up...sweaty or not :)

Exactly! When I am lifting in front of the mirrors I don't mind having a little eye makeup to look at too xD Not that I put on a ton right before the gym, but too lazy to take it off. Makeup makes us feel pretty, we can't have that at the gym?

I don't have any awesome gym clothes yet (pretty much when I DID get to go, it was hubby's sweats and an old tee-shirt) so I had to do SOMETHING so that I didn't feel like a complete mess...I wouldn't say that I am a girly girl, but I always want to look semi put together! :) I wouldn't bother taking it off, I just didn't want to scar anyone who looked in my direction! Evil eye or not! :)
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    It's odd to me this is your first post ever.
    No ' hey how's it going'...'nice to meet you Mfp'. :flowerforyou:
  • jwalker30
    Options
    I wonder if there has ever been a thread made by men about how they can't stand what other men wear/look like at the gym.

I havent found one yet.

Well, actually, its probably b/c we really don't care all that much... but since we are on the subject...

Guys look like doushes when... They were Spandex shorts and pants - this is usually done by the Steroid user. I think steroids influence mens brains to make them wear retarded clothes. Really its only the Steroid users that tend to look like ridiculous idiots. I would estimate about 1 in 5 men that lift free weights at the gym I go to are Steroid users.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    You know - not just this topic....but there have been many about WOMEN going so slow on the treadmill.

You know, I have to tell you - if you are working so hard, when do you have time to notice all the other people in the gym?

Also, did you ever for once think that they may have a reason for going SLOW!!

You know, I would love to work out in the gym. But, I am scared sh@@less. Why?? Because of people like you guys, who
    sit back and criticize people who are maybe not going as FAST as you or SWEATING as much as YOU!!

Maybe ask yourself why? Maybe they have a hidden disability.

Yes, you can be angry and shout and be angry but what are you upset at???
  • michellebd1980
    Options
    It is SO annoying. Being looked at as if I am nuts for sweating and being blushed after running as well as actually putting some effort into my workouts. Hell, I even get crazy looks from the people next to and around me while I'm running; I might be busy but don't think I don't notice that stuff. I'm not asleep and lazy like 90% of the women there. I really wonder why some of them even bother. I'm at a gym, I didn't know that what I'm doing there is so abnormal. I mean, I go to the gym to sweat, not to lounge and relax on the treadmill on 1.5 or use the lazy *kitten* elliptical for two hours and not move my *kitten*. I'm not there to have a good time and remain comfortable. People need to mind their business, worry about themselves and stop making people feel so awkward.

Sincerly,
    That girl that does what you can't.
    I know what you mean... So lame!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    It is SO annoying. Being looked at as if I am nuts for sweating and being blushed after running as well as actually putting some effort into my workouts. Hell, I even get crazy looks from the people next to and around me while I'm running; I might be busy but don't think I don't notice that stuff. I'm not asleep and lazy like 90% of the women there. I really wonder why some of them even bother. I'm at a gym, I didn't know that what I'm doing there is so abnormal. I mean, I go to the gym to sweat, not to lounge and relax on the treadmill on 1.5 or use the lazy *kitten* elliptical for two hours and not move my *kitten*. I'm not there to have a good time and remain comfortable. People need to mind their business, worry about themselves and stop making people feel so awkward.

Sincerly,

you know whats funny,the fact that you are venting about them giving youi funny looks judging you while you judge them. and if your are worrying about yourself so much what do you care if they use the tread mill (that thing for people that cant handle an elliptical :wink: ) at 1.5 or if they lounge around,you seem to take a lot of notice for someone whos there to mind their own buisness....:laugh:
  • ditzyFlip
    ditzyFlip Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    For the record, Shapes has a multitude of middle-aged to elderly women working the machines and treadmill. I'm aware of their possible health deficiencies and conditions. Doesn't mean I don't get the stank face from them either, though.

I have two favorite treadmills that I run on, both are away from the ceiling fans. If one's taken, I'll run on the treadmill next to it; if there's an older lady taking her leisurely walk, she'll shoot a stank glance like I'm rubbing it in her face that I'm young and outdoing her.

I don't know about the OP, but I just have problems receiving stank faces from all ages. :U And don't be scared of going to the gym because of criticism - if it's going to beneficial for YOU, then damn everyone else.
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options
    I wonder if there has ever been a thread made by men about how they can't stand what other men wear/look like at the gym.

I havent found one yet.

Well, actually, its probably b/c we really don't care all that much... but since we are on the subject...

Guys look like doushes when... They were Spandex shorts and pants - this is usually done by the Steroid user. I think steroids influence mens brains to make them wear retarded clothes. Really its only the Steroid users that tend to look like ridiculous idiots. I would estimate about 1 in 5 men that lift free weights at the gym I go to are Steroid users.

How can you tell if they are wearing compression shorts on if they are wearing pants? More importantly why do you care what another guy is wearing at the gym?
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You know - not just this topic....but there have been many about WOMEN going so slow on the treadmill.

You know, I have to tell you - if you are working so hard, when do you have time to notice all the other people in the gym?

Also, did you ever for once think that they may have a reason for going SLOW!!

You know, I would love to work out in the gym. But, I am scared sh@@less. Why?? Because of people like you guys, who
    sit back and criticize people who are maybe not going as FAST as you or SWEATING as much as YOU!!

Maybe ask yourself why? Maybe they have a hidden disability.

Yes, you can be angry and shout and be angry but what are you upset at???
    Well said! I dont judge anyone. The only person I have to worry about is myself!
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I wear my hair down as well. Mainly because my head hurts when I wear a headband and its not that long enough for a ponytail. I think if people wanna exercise with their hair down or make up on then that's their business. It shouldn't bother you what others are doing just focus on you in the gym and put your effort into your exercise :)
  • DonnaLRB
    DonnaLRB Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    sweat is fat crying(saw it on a bumper sticker)

I love this!
  • jwalker30
    Options

I havent found one yet.

How can you tell if they are wearing compression shorts on if they are wearing pants? More importantly why do you care what another guy is wearing at the gym?

Since you are offended, you must wear this type of ridiculous attire...

Anyone who claims they don't notice any of their surroundings is either a liar or a not intelligent liar...

Obviously, you didn't read the first line I wrote...
  • VictoriaFitness2010
    Options
    I find it sad and a little amusing that one would care about the attention they receive at a gym. Furthermore, why would anyone care if a woman has her hair down or wearing makeup? Or what machine a person is using (or not using)? Or if someone is sweating (or not sweating) when they workout?

Women...seriously. I just don't get it.

Do YOU...don't worry about other people.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    hey Stephy.

i totally understand. why the hell do people even bother going to the gym if they aren't as awesome as you? yuck. just taking up space. you, with your perfectly undone hair and sparingly applied make-up - that's the only way to get the job done!

don't even get me started on folks who are making a huge lifestyle change by 'walking' on a treadmill. the nerve of some people!

friend me, k?
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Maybe they're trying to figure out why you keep looking at them to see if they're looking at you.
  • patricknsmith
    patricknsmith Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I don't care what anyone looks like, is wearing, or how they are working out as long as they don't get in my way or try to talk to me while I'm lifting. It's all about you and your time in the gym for yourself and noone else. Haters are the best motivators.
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options

friend me, k?

best thing i have read all day! brilliant...
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options

Sincerly,

Wow, what a rude, judgemental post. Did you ever stop to think that they may be recovering from an illness or injury? Or that it might be the first time they were ever in a gym?