265 POUNDS boy need a HELP

Options

Replies

• eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    soy sauce when you eat the rice?

soy sauce = sodium

Up your water intake. Or just cut the soy sauce...or reduce it or get less sodium soy.

Salt makes you retain water
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    YES ! MY mom always give me advice and control my food intake =D

Tell her about the site, show her how it works. You just need to put your information in and it will give you a daily goal. Your mom sounds very supportive and would help you work with the site.

If you have any questions ever, just send me a message.
  • chriswee2012
    Options
    My height-5 feet and 7 inches,and im 265 pounds
  • chriswee2012
    Options
    I just know about the soy souce,i usually eat rice with soy souce since it risen up the taste
  • theresa029
    Options
    My height-5 feet and 7 inches,and im 265 pounds

So you're BMR is 2445.. So you can eat about that calorie net.. and you can eat more calorie depending on what type of workout you did each day. MFP food diary will fixed that for you. You total daily goal intake for each day.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I just know about the soy souce,i usually eat rice with soy souce since it risen up the taste

Soy sauce can be really high in sodium so you might want to actually measure out how much you're using before you use it. Personally, I had a problem with this because I have an addiction to it. I even eat it on eggs (we can thank Lucky Star for that idea! :laugh: ) But if you're eating a lot of sodium, make sure you get your water intake.

Also, as for logging the food, you can log the ingredients separately and use the Quick Tools function to make it a meal. If you need help with this, you can add me and I'll be more than willing to help you with anything you need!
  • kelseyt17
    kelseyt17 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'd take out the rice completely. I LOVE rice it is seriously my favorite, I mean FAVORITE food. But it is very high in calories, and depending on what kind of rice. It can also be very unhealthy as well.
  • rinkaaa
    Options
    hope this helps cus i had a problem that i wasnt losing anything and my doctor told me it was because of fruit!!!you could be like me, im not alowed to eat fruit the natural sugars are too much for my body to handle and its like eating cake lol try 2 weeks of not eating fruit and only eating green vegetables and if you lose more ull noe why...
    and if it works since u need fruit id recomend vitamin supplments.
  • Jenna1972
    Jenna1972 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Chris,

You rock! Way to take control of your situation and know when to check in with others for help. You are leaps above most of us old peeps.

Best way to know what you are eating? Cook it yourself! Help your mom with your meals. Plan them, shop for them, enjoy them! Make your % of protein to fat to carbs right before you prepare the meal. Tweak it when you need, and make sure you choose foods that fill you up and keep you full. I'm sure your mom will love to support you on your way to health. As moms, that's all we really want for kids, for them to be healthy and happy. Good luck, though I have a feeling your smarts will take you where you need to be.
  • Darrknys
    Options
    Losing 1 - 2 lbs a week is great!

Try to count the calories you eat. If you eat too little I think it's bad for you and eating too much is bad too.

I love rice and soy sauce. I cut back on my rice intake to about once a week. I bought low sodium soy sauce.
    Or when I go out I get a small bowl of won ton soup and rice, then use some of the won ton soup juice over the rice instead of soy sauce.

Make sure you eat your protein to help your muscles and load up on veggies.

Try to stay away from things that are fried, it's hard, but it's possible. Try to only drink water.

When I eat at home I use small plates so my brain thinks I'm eating a huge meal. That might help too
  • chriswee2012
    Options
    Hi !! I WANT to thanks u all for the advise , i seriously want to add u all as a friend so that i can ask u for motivations or even nutritions but i cant because of the 10 minutes delay.THANKS FRIENDS
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Try swapping to brown rice, if you haven't already. Also try cutting out rice at dinner.

Experiment with veggies, til you find what you like.
    Up your protein intake, so more fish/chicken/turkey/steak. Aim for at least 100 grams of protein per day.
    Breakfast should be the biggest meal of the day also.

This is probably all very confusing for you right now...
    eg for brekky i have oatmeal with pb, a banana and sometimes an egg
    lunch i will have chicken with brown rice and veg and dinner i will have turkey or steak with veggies and homemade chips.
    In between meals I eat fruit or nuts and usually a protein shake. Be careful of the nuts though, they can be VERY calorie dense.
  • chriswee2012
    Options
    OK,and just asking is it normal for me to eat breakfast at 11 in the morning ,because usually i wake up at 9 something in the morning ,and did some exercise,i will eat my breakfast a bit late
  • IrishMinx32
    IrishMinx32 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    try fruits with lower sugar more berries, and up your protein!!!
  • IrishMinx32
    IrishMinx32 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    OK,and just asking is it normal for me to eat breakfast at 11 in the morning ,because usually i wake up at 9 something in the morning ,and did some exercise,i will eat my breakfast a bit late

I heard to eat Bfst with in the first hour u wake up so u can get the full effect and boost your energy for the day.
  • chriswee2012
    Options
    I dont eat vegetables but i eat APPLES AND ORANGES
  • cspark1982
    Options
    How about ahaavin smoothies for breakfast they are quick

I usually have. Skim milk
    Forme yoghurt
    A banana and a few frozen berries and blend. Yummo
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I dont eat vegetables but i eat APPLES AND ORANGES

Is there actually a reason for this or do you just not like them? :noway:
  • hippychickuk
    hippychickuk Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    THanks for the post my friends ,i will try to follow the advise given, and i dont COUNT my calories,its hard since my mom cook ,and i need to search in the internet to know the calories im eating,its hard u know

You are already doing really well, keep it up! follow the food choices others have already recommended. As for counting the calories, I'm sure your mom will be willing to help you! My husband does most of the cooking for us. I just make sure I look at all the packaging from the food he buys and look at the calories. I also tell him when I won't eat something he has selected because it has too many calories. MFP database has tons of food in it. You can find almost anything you have eaten. Start counting! :)
  • robbiejay1971
    Options
    I have found it easier to lose weight once I started to count the calories and then I could understand why I was fat! Try to get an idea of how many calories you eat and drink every day :)