Short LADIES....under 5'2...info

Options

Replies

• pgrant0328
    pgrant0328 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    1. how tall are you? 5'2"
    2. how old are you? 64
    3. how much do you weigh? 189.5 (this morning)
    4. how many gross calories do you eat? 1200 or try to
    5. how many net calories do you eat? 1200 or try to
    6. are you still losing? (if so, how fast) I've been losing around a 1-2 lbs during the week but gain some back on the weekend.
    7. what's your goal weight? I'd love to eventually reach 110, but would settle anywhere from 125 to 110.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    1. how tall are you? 5'3"

2. how old are you? 28

3. how much do you weigh? I've been right around 129 for the past several days (started at 143 in late December!)

4. how many gross calories do you eat? Right around 1100-1300, a bit more if I exercise.

5. how many net calories do you eat? I try not to eat back most of my exercise calories. It has been working for me so far...

6. are you still losing? (if so, how fast) It's been about a pound a week average. Some weeks I lose nothing. Other weeks I drop 2 lbs! There is no rhyme or reason!

7. what's your goal weight? I would love to be around 120-125!
  • kristinlitla
    kristinlitla Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    1. how tall are you? 5ft

2. how old are you? 25

3. how much do you weigh? Just under 117 lbs

4. how many gross calories do you eat? 1200-1300

5. how many net calories do you eat? 1200-1300

6. are you still losing? (if so, how fast) I've only finished my first mfp week. Also, I'm focusing more on losing inches off my body than weight :)

7. what's your goal weight? See answer nr. 6 ;)
  • kaiteboo
    kaiteboo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    1. how tall are you? 5"2
    2. how old are you? 22
    3. how much do you weigh? 116
    4. how many gross calories do you eat? 1200-1700
    5. how many net calories do you eat? 1200-1700 (I'm set at 1200 but i eat my exercise cals back!)
    6. are you still losing? YES, i was stuck at 120 forever, then i started eating more of my exercise cals back and the scale suddenly started to move, losing about 1lbs a week!
    7. what's your goal weight? my first goal weight is 115, and second 110 :)
  • tinyjourney
    tinyjourney Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    1. how tall are you? 5'1.5"
    2. how old are you? 27
    3. how much do you weigh? About 115lbs right now
    4. how many gross calories do you eat? I'm increasing to 1800
    5. how many net calories do you eat? I'd like to not go under 1600
    6. are you still losing? (if so, how fast) No (part of why I'm increasing calories)
    7. what's your goal weight? No goal weight really, a goal look. I'm usually happy at around 110lbs give or take. But I'd like to add some muscle, so who knows what that number will be.
  • FormerSuperHero
    FormerSuperHero Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    1) I am 5 foot 7 and a very important half
    2) I am 31 ( 32 in June )
    3) I last weighted in at 185
    4) I'm looking to eat 1600-1800
    5) I am eating within that at the moment
    6) I seem to be losing weight but I am working out more than before
    7) my goal weight is 140 and that will put my BMI in the normal range
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    1. how tall are you? 5'1.5"
    2. how old are you? 45
    3. how much do you weigh? 111.4 today
    4. how many gross calories do you eat? 1200-1500
    5. how many net calories do you eat? 1200-1500 (love to eat! eat 1200 and all my exercise calories too)
    6. are you still losing? (if so, how fast) Yes....slowly. Would stop if my belly would go away.
    7. what's your goal weight? Was 110......now 105 or when ever belly gets smaller. Toned all over now.....just not where I need it. Know I can't spot reduce.....so still working hard.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    What is really worrying me of late is the amount of people that by UK standards are underweight and are dieting on here.
    I think that there should be a minimum weight and BMI factor that stops people registering on here if they are underweight.
    It saddens me that there are some beautiful women on here that are likely to make themselves ill and malnourished if they carry on the way they are going.
    For the record of the thread, i am

1. how tall are you? 5ft3 (just under)

2. how old are you? 38

3. how much do you weigh? far heavier than any of the ladies on this thread lol

4. how many gross calories do you eat? upto about 1300 a day

5. how many net calories do you eat? answered above

6. are you still losing? (if so, how fast) Yes, ive lost 17lbs in 5 weeks, lost 3lbs this week.

7. what's your goal weight? 9 and a half stone would be wonderful (thats 133lbs). I dont want to be a lollipop head with stick arms, i want to be a healthy weight that is right for me.

Good luck in your goals one and all x

i'm curious what is a healthy weight uk standard for 5.2ft ???

Certainly not 90lbs, that is just over 6 stones which is the weight of a 10 year old. It does worry me seeing people on here who are 90 or 100 lbs and STILL wanting to lose weight. Even 100lbs is under 7 stones. I dont understand why anyone who does not have an eating disorder would want to weigh so little. a healthy weight for someone my height is between 8 and 10 stones. That is between 112 and 140 lb. Obviously it depends on the build of a person as well.
    I just fear that two much emphasis is put on pounds rather than a good healthy weight.
    My eventual aim is to get to 133lbs. I looked and felt good at that weight. I was a uk size 10 which is, i believe a US size 6

You have to remember that every body is shaped differently. Just because two people have the same height and weight does not make them the same size. I carry most of my weight in my bust, hips, and torso (which is very short, I might add). I have a pretty good figure with curves, and I am in the lower half of my BMI, and I have a healthy body fat percentage but my hip-waist ratio is BARELY in the acceptable range, just because of my body shape. Based on what I read here, I wear one or two sizes larger than most people my height and weight, just because I have very skinny arms and legs and carry my weight in my torso and bust. This is a family trait, and my legs and arms were skinny even when I was considerably overweight. (Not pretty. But now I have great muscle definition in my arms and legs without too much work!) So even though I have a healthy weight and body fat, I will continue to work with my diet and exercise to change my hip/waist ratio. The problem is, the inches come off the bottom, but not the middle! So I'm guessing I will end up having to be what might be considered underweight to some to get rid of the middle.

Every BODY is different, and although I never want to see people starving themselves into skeletons, we have to remember that the guidelines are based on averages, not individuals.
  • stablesong
    Options
    1. how tall are you? 4'9
    2. how old are you? 18
    3. how much do you weigh? 90-92.
    4. how many gross calories do you eat? 12-1500 a day, depending on exercise.
    5. how many net calories do you eat? I try to net at least 1000. I can almost never manage to eat back all my exercise calories in a healthy way.
    6. are you still losing? (if so, how fast) Heck no! And I can't figure out why. Every time I step on the scale the number goes up.
    7. what's your goal weight? I say it's 85, but really I'd like to put on muscle in addition to that, so maybe 87 and more muscular.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    1. how tall are you? 5'1"

2. how old are you? 31

3. how much do you weigh? 174

4. how many gross calories do you eat? 1500-1600 on cardio days, 1200 on non-cardio days

5. how many net calories do you eat? 700-1000 on cardio days (I know that's under, but I am working on adding in more protein/fat on those days, which consist of at least 75 minutes of cardio), 1200 on non-cardio days

6. are you still losing? (if so, how fast) - Very slowly right now. My problem is staying on track.

7. what's your goal weight? 120 - 125
  • Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    1. how tall are you? 4'11"
    2. how old are you? 27
    3. how much do you weigh? 152
    4. how many gross calories do you eat? 1700
    5. how many net calories do you eat? 1200
    6. are you still losing? (if so, how fast) yes, about 1-2 pounds a week
    7. what's your goal weight? 110
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    1. how tall are you? 5' nothin and proud of it
    2. how old are you? 29
    3. how much do you weigh? 155 last time I weighed in
    4. how many gross calories do you eat? 1200 - 1600 depending on my workout schedule
    5. how many net calories do you eat? 400 - 1200 depending on my workouts
    6. are you still losing? (if so, how fast) On average I've lost about 0.5 pounds a week. I'd love to up that number!
    7. what's your goal weight? 111 - 124 depending on my body fat % and fitness.

It's definitely a struggle being short and trying to do this. I never know how many net calories to eat and I'm so afraid to go over!
  • ashtonalayna
    Options
    1. How tall are you? 5'2"
    2. How ald are you? 25
    3. How much do you weigh? 131lbs
    4. How many calories do you eat? 1200-1400
    5. How many net calories do u eat? 1200 or try to
    6. Are you still losing?(if so how fast) Sadly no but its kinda my fault haven't been eating like I shud hav the past week or so.
    7. What's your goal weight? 118 to 120lbs
  • esalaza3
    Options
    1. how tall are you? 5'0"
    2. how old are you? 23
    3. how much do you weigh? Not sure, I'll buy a scale tomorrow.
    4. how many gross calories do you eat? About 1000
    5. how many net calories do you eat? I don't know.
    6. are you still losing? (if so, how fast)
    7. what's your goal weight? I want to weigh 125, which is healthy according to my body mass index.
  • cpbunch
    Options
    WOW Renea!! Very impressive. You go girl!
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    1. how tall are you? 4'11"
    2. how old are you? 29 (30 in a month)
    3. how much do you weigh? 140-142
    4. how many gross calories do you eat? 1200-1600
    5. how many net calories do you eat? 1200-1340
    6. are you still losing? (if so, how fast) not in the past 2 weeks, but I haven't been working out like I was before so I can't blame anyone but myself.
    7. what's your goal weight? I don;t know. The last time I lost weight I got down to 89lbs which was gross on me, and I have a small frame and NO muscle. I think I look the best between 110 and 120. I will look at my goals again once I reach 120.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    1. how tall are you? ----> 5'0"
    2. how old are you? ----> 32
    3. how much do you weigh? ----> 135
    4. how many gross calories do you eat? ----> 1200
    5. how many net calories do you eat? ----> i don't eat my exercise cals back
    6. are you still losing? (if so, how fast) ----> technically not losing anymore, but haven't switched over to maintenance yet...
    7. what's your goal weight? ----> 135
  • Callalili
    Callalili Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    1. how tall are you? 5' 2" on a tall day
    2. how old are you? 37
    3. how much do you weigh? 165
    4. how many gross calories do you eat? mfp has me at 1230 so that plus at least some if not all my exercise calories
    5. how many net calories do you eat? aiming for the 1230
    6. are you still losing? (if so, how fast) I just started so yes, hoping for 1-2 lbs a week
    7. what's your goal weight? right now it's 130. Once I get there I'll re-eval.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    4'10"
    22 (10 at heart :DDD)
    94-97 pounds
    stopped counting...currently trying to eat healthier by getting off sugar so...probably much less now.
    Will probably end up losing by kicking sugar to the curb (used to eating around 2,000 calories in candies daily :/ I dont gain easily though luckily)
    goal weight *was* 80 pounds, but decided to work on eating better and start toning...if i start losing again, ill just see where my body wants to stop as long as i am eating well... ^^
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I posted my stats earlier in this thread. Just came back to say I'm STILL 5' 1 1/2" tall. My kids swear I'm shrinking. Nope! Not yet at least. Went to the doc (have tendonitis in my foot.....exercising will be a little tougher now) and I asked to have my height checked since it's been a while. Woo hoo! I did a little happy dance in the doc office. Still taller than 2 of my 3 kids (11 and 13 year old girls), but not for long tho. That's okay....a least i'm still standing tall at my 5' 1 1/2" .