Weight in question ***woman only

Options
13»

Replies

• MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily no matter what. I understand that I will fluctuate,and it just motivates me to work harder!
  • ladylaine
    ladylaine Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I WEIGHT WHEN I AM NOT ON MENS AND THEN I ALSO WEIGHT 3 DAYS AFTER DUE TO WATER AND BLOATED WEIGHT
  • wendy99709
    Options
    I weigh-in every day, first thing in the morning and before I get dressed. I really believe it helps to motivate me throughout the day. If I'm down a little... I'm encouraged! If I'm up a little ... I can reflect on what I did (or didn't do) the day before that may have had some impact. VERY IMPORTANT... keep drinking lots of water! It helps to keep the body flushed out and keeps you from retaining excess water. Good luck!! :)
  • simplyliving
    Options
    I don't weigh myself during the TOM. LOL! I just skip a week. :)
  • monalissanne
    monalissanne Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday. I know that water weight/PMSing and every other little fluctuation can effect it. BUT it gives me the momentum to try harder for that day if I see the number go up at all. BTW: I found out that I gain about 7 POUNDS the week before I get my period. CRAZY! But I usually drop 5.5 lbs. once I actually begin my period and once it ends, I'm usually down even more then what I started at. It helps me to know exactly what my body is doing and keep me going even through the ups and downs.

I'm the same way. I know it's from my period though, so I don't worry about it. However, even though I weigh myself probably everyday, I don't log it on here everyday, so I don't see those ups and downs on the line graph here. If I have a drop and then a gain here it's because I made bad choices, not because of mother nature.
  • crashta
    Options
    I gain 3 lbs just before and for the first 2 days of my period as well. I still weigh myself every other day but don't freak out when I know I am just about to get my period. By the time my cycle is done, I am either back to my original weight, or if it's a good week, down a pound!
  • WhatAgirl_
    WhatAgirl_ Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    honestly I weight myself once a month because I work hard reasonably for my weight loss. f I weight myself very often I wont see a lot of result consequently I get discouraged so instead I weight myself every month and see pleasing results!!
  • sly0phillips
    Options
    I do it in the hopes it shows higher because I know once the swelling and water weight leave after the TOM I will get to see it drop. Its like a fake out.
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I made a pact with myself 6 years ago not to ignore my weight - I had got to my heaviest through ignoring my weight. So I weigh daily.. sometimes it bugs me mostly it doesn't. I know I go up with TOM and that is acceptable. :) it goes eventually - if I don't hit the chocolate! lol
  • getfitnow33
    Options
    For me i weighed in when i was on my cycle and i weighed 257 3 days later when i checked again off my cycle i weighed 253 so i believe im gonna wait til im off my cycle to weigh in. I check once a week because i dont wanna get too obsessive about it but i want to keep up with it so once a week works for me. But there is a diff for me with my tom.

16730282.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Joneses17
    Joneses17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I use to but it makes me depressed and not want to keep going. I'm going to have to only weight in weekly and skip this week.
  • krevill
    krevill Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have now had my TOM for about 40 days due to having a hormone implant. I have still lost through this time but I do wonder if I may have lost more if I didn't have it .
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. Usually it's up by about 4 pounds but I try to keep that in mind and don't let the number bother me....too much!:happy:
  • djkamin60
    Options
    I no longer have this issue, but don't weigh in everyday. Weigh in days are monday, but do check it on the weekend to see how I'm doing. The daily rollercoaster of weighing in is not good for me.
  • lisettem831
    lisettem831 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My favourite time to weigh in is when my period starts! LOL I am not sure if this happens to anyone else, but I seem to lose the most amount of weight DURING my period -- its the couple weeks before that I tend to hold onto weight. Which really sometimes gets discouraging...