• keesh1123
    keesh1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Just the BUMP I needed :)

Congrats on your success!
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    This is where I want to be. I just LOVE muscles too. You look FANTASTIC!
  • courtwhitear
    courtwhitear Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Can I share your post on my website? I am looking for great and inspirational content (it's called Wellness Women) and I would love to show women a different side to taking care of our bodies! GREAT JOB! You look awesome!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Can I share your post on my website? I am looking for great and inspirational content (it's called Wellness Women) and I would love to show women a different side to taking care of our bodies! GREAT JOB! You look awesome!

Um. Sure. I guess.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

Um. Sure. I guess.
    Ohhh you are getting famous. You should get an agent ;)
  • Rae6503
    Options

Um. Sure. I guess.
    Ohhh you are getting famous. You should get an agent ;)

You can say you knew me when. ;-). You are one of my oldest MFP friends.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    You're looking great. I can't wait to see you when you cut down. I am adding you as a friend.
  • cowgirlzride
    Options
    Well if that is not inspiration I don't know what is. GREAT job.
  • mandypooh2103
    mandypooh2103 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    a Freakin mazing!!!!!
  • debilyn574
    debilyn574 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Great job! I need to re-read this and not get discouraged by my weight going up!
  • momotivation
    momotivation Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump, hope I can use this in the future!
  • wjranch
    wjranch Posts: 152
    Options
    Do you have any specific strength goals? I know you said you are about to start cutting but I'm just curious.

I'm actually pretty happy with the strength gains I've made, and yeah, I'm not sure how much more I can make once I start eating at a calorie deficit. My squats have been stalled at the same weight for a while now, which is annoying. I really wanted to do the "big plates" (so 135) for deads and squats but haven't made it even close with squats. I might switch to 5 x 5s or something.

I am also very interested in 'heavy lifting' ........ I am working a 3 x 8 with a minimum 5 lbs increase each workout....... 3 days a week. (i've posted my weekly workout routine on my profile blog) Tonight I squated 115 lbs and deadlifted 115 lbs.... my chest press is stalled at 105 lbs though :( I plan on switching that one up Monday...... any suggestions would be welcome? LOL

I am planning on being able to squat and deadlift my own body weight by next friday! 125 lbs :o I WILL DO IT!
    Good Job!! You look fantastic and I LOVE the comparison you've made between muscle vs fat ......... 12 down to a 6 with only a single pound difference! That should spell it out very clearly for anyone who doubts women should lift weight and build muscles!!
  • Rae6503
    Options
    I did end up switching to Strong Lifts 5x5. The website is a little gimmicky but I've heard it's a great program for strength gains. I really wanna get past 95lbs on my squats!
  • eschwab855
    eschwab855 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    wow
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    bump
  • enelira
    enelira Posts: 25
    Options
    And because I'm an attention *kitten*, I put the 3 side by side:

DSC01915-2.jpg

When did u decide to bulk and what did that mean for your diet.

I want start the lifting heavy but I am new at this. I am 5' 3", 130-135lbs and I have been doing a calorie deficient diet. I want to definitely gain muscle and definition and decrease my body fat %.... does it work like that? Can I do both?

For a newbie what program do your suggest I should follow. And how do I incorporate cardio and yoga? Will that work against the liftin? Also as far as diet, will I have to change it from a calorie deficient diet?

Sorry for all the questions but what you have done had great results.
  • Rae6503
    Options

When did u decide to bulk and what did that mean for your diet.

I want start the lifting heavy but I am new at this. I am 5' 3", 130-135lbs and I have been doing a calorie deficient diet. I want to definitely gain muscle and definition and decrease my body fat %.... does it work like that? Can I do both?

For a newbie what program do your suggest I should follow. And how do I incorporate cardio and yoga? Will that work against the liftin? Also as far as diet, will I have to change it from a calorie deficient diet?

Sorry for all the questions but what you have done had great results.

I actually decided to bulk when I still had about 10lbs of fat to lose. Mainly, I just wasn't in a place mentally to diet anymore and it was fall so winter seemed like a good time to "bulk". I guessed that maintenance for me was about 2300 net since I was losing about a half pound a week eating 2000 net. So I started eating about 10% above that, so 2600 net. I gained about 3lbs right off the bat, then nothing for a long time, so I upped it again to 2800. I follow IIFYM meaning, I try to eat my minimum protein (1 gram for every pound of lean body mass), and minimum fat (0.3 grams for every pound of total mass), and everything else is free game.

It's difficult for most people to increase muscle mass while on a calorie deficit. People new to lifting, can but it won't be by much. You can make great strength gains while dieting however. Since it's summer and you still want to lose some fat, what I'd suggest is eating at a small calorie deficit (500-300) below maintenance and lifting. You'll probably make some decent strength gains, maybe gain a little bit of muscle, and lose some fat over the summer. Then come fall you can decide if you want to do a traditional bulk.

I actually answered your other post about Strong Lifts. I just started this program and think it's great. As long as you start with just the bar, and really pay attention to the videos and the good form tips, this is a great program for beginners. If you can maybe have someone video you at first and have people here check your form. Good form is really important especially on the big lifts like squats and deads. Cardio is great, but don't over do it. You don't NEED to do an hour or more every day like I seem some people doing. A half hour of low-moderate intensity cardio after lifting is fine. Maybe something higher intensity stuff on non-lifting days. Take at least one full rest day a week (or just do yoga or go for a relaxing walk).

I hope that helped. Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm not an expert but I've done a good amount of research and collected a good friends list of the super smart people on this site...
  • enelira
    enelira Posts: 25
    Options
    Thank you so very much. This was great information.

i did see the other post but I guess I still had questions :)

:happy:
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB! That's inspiring.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!