Friend Request denials.

Options

Replies

• _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    saw the OPs profile. don't see anything other than maybe the people who rejected her FR's hate penguins. yep tha's gotta be it, they hate penguins thus the rejection.

hahahha. you had me lost for a moment. i forgot writing that.
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    request sent :-)
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Maybe the like country music. ;-)

If thats the case then who would want to be friends with them?
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I deny almost all friend requests because I am a weirdo and very shy. It has nothing to do with the requesters and everything to do with me. I'm the Boo Radley of MFP.

:laugh: Okay. I won't take it personally then.

Thank you. I apologise for being an introverted weirdo. You're awesome, and I admire you from afar. :blushing:

As long as you admire me! wifeteeny.gif
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of friend requests and accept them all, even the ones without messages, although I ask for people to add a little note in their requests. I will sometimes delete people later on if we seem to be in really different places (like the young girls who are starving themselves, I don't know why my profile attracts them, but I seem to--and I will usually have to delete them at some point).

On that note, I'm gonna send you a friend request because we live in the same state and your socks rock :)
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I deny almost all friend requests because I am a weirdo and very shy. It has nothing to do with the requesters and everything to do with me. I'm the Boo Radley of MFP.

:laugh: Okay. I won't take it personally then.

Thank you. I apologise for being an introverted weirdo. You're awesome, and I admire you from afar. :blushing:

I too am an introverted weirdo. I shall remain friendless.
  • Caper85
    Caper85 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been denied like the last three FRs I sent out. I'm starting to get a teeny bit of a complex. Do I smell? Better question yet is, why am I fretting about it?

Now, I deny blank FRs, but I say that in my profile. If someone sends you a FR and they add a message (and it's not creepy ...) what reason(s) would you still give them a deny? (saying of course that you are accepting them at all)

I am one of those guilty ones who sends those blank FR's & yes I have been denied so many times likely b/c I didn't add a quick note. I know if I receive a request I will accept. The more the merrier I say as we go about our journeys to better health & wellness. I will from now on send a quick hello with my FR's.
  • RBRoy
    RBRoy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Don't take it personally (easier said than done, I know!) In my opinion, the more support, the better. You never know who you may "meet" on here and how they may impact you... I don't know a lot of my MFP friends but I feel like I do after "knowing" them on here. Feel free to add me if you want! Good luck on your healthy journey! :)
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    If I dont feel a connection or want to keep my list small,ive added every single friends request before and it turns into a big ole mess
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I dont get it. You seem pretty kick *kitten* to me. :smokin:
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I try to keep my friend list small, so for me it is usually only because we seem not to have many goals in common. I also typically delete my friends who are ALWAYS negative, or are eating too low of calories. Women who add me that clearly have a disorder won't be accepted. Been there, done that, don't need the unhealthy triggers. Also, if I do accept someone, and they never give support or we don't communicate with each other, I also delete them.

I seem so hard to please, lol. But honestly, this is not an easy journey and I have learned that having 75+ friends and negativity floating around really does not help me at all- nor can I be as supportive as I would like.
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i haven't denied any friend requests sent to me. and i've only had to remove one for posting things i didn't agree with our found generally insulting (early on in my time at MFP)... the only thing that would make me deny a request would be some kind of insult in the message.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I warned them about your potty mouth.

But seriously though, certain keywords cause your friend request to not get sent. One example would be profanity. If you say **** or ****, in the friend request, the other person will never get it.

Oh I did not know that. I rarely have this problem as I usually don't send FRs but I usually accept them and then delete or hide the person at a later date if they end up being creepy or annoying.

It's true. We did extensive testing a long time back. There also seem to be some other random triggers that make FR's mysteriously never get received, but as you might imagine, it's very hard to diagnose this from the end user's perspective. Or it might just be a random bug.

While I don't recall ever cursing in a FR, I have sent a few that never got a response. People in the crowd I think I hang with. No response. I'm going to choose to believe that this is why. Thanks, Taso.
  • mayatiger
    Options
    I have the privilege of being friends with you, you awesome, badass beautiful person!! Can't imagine why anyone would deny your friend request!! (:
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I know for a fact that many requests that are sent to me hit the spam box before I ever see them.
    For some reason, I draw some awesomely worded requests apparently.
  • nancyinfernley
    Options
    i tend to only accept requests of ppl that give a msg with it, have fibro or like yourself are extremely interesting or different. i don't get many on here. but those i do usually i accept. on facebook is another matter. lol!
  • andygettinfitt
    Options
    I try to keep my friend list small, so for me it is usually only because we seem not to have many goals in common. I also typically delete my friends who are ALWAYS negative, or are eating too low of calories. Women who add me that clearly have a disorder won't be accepted. Been there, done that, don't need the unhealthy triggers. Also, if I do accept someone, and they never give support or we don't communicate with each other, I also delete them.

I seem so hard to please, lol. But honestly, this is not an easy journey and I have learned that having 75+ friends and negativity floating around really does not help me at all- nor can I be as supportive as I would like.
    there missing out cause you are an AWESOME friend!
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    as a creeper i accept everyone
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    After reading your profile, I would have to say it could be because they may not have the same sense of humor. Luckily, I do. :smile:

Don't take it personally though, I've been dropped as a friend a fair number of times. Be a duck (rollin' off your back).
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Ummm..... maybe your FRs aren't NEARLY as good as mine.... :wink: just sayin... hahahaaaa!!!

Who knows the issues. I only accept requests from women. I have also denied a few as well. I usually check out their profile, most seem to mesh pretty well, but on occasion, there will. Be someone that just doesn't seem to fit. There was a while when I was going through some stuff that I denied them all.... you can always send them a message and ask them why...??? I'd be honest if someone asked me.

They don't know what they're missing though, I think you ROCK!!