Never going to give up !!!!! challenge

Options

Replies

• astaples92
    astaples92 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I am in the process of making a plan for everything I want to do. But here are a few things I can commit to 5 days a week or more.

1. Drink lots of water... never leave my house without my water bottle
    2. Do wall sits for at least 10-15 minutes everyday
    3. Watch how much I am eating at any given time
    4. run at least 5 days a week
    5. workout abs and arms at least 5 days a week.
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Morning gang!

Penny and Dee-take care of yourself!!

Did a bit better on Thursday (okay so I still hit the ice cream after dinner but it was only a small serving) so I was still in the red but not by much.

Spent 60 minutes on the elliptical this morning which felt pretty good. My legs are still a bit sore but nothing like yesterday. Maybe being without my bike for the next week will help-have to do other things. I'll do reverse crunches tonight...did one set of drills this morning. I'm being bad and taking off at noon today...just need to get away from the office and all of the chaos that comes with my job (not to mention I am maxed at the vacation hours we are allowed to carry).

Hope everyone has a great Friday!! Take care!
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends

Goal check:
    log calories - yes and in budget - push
    aerobic exercise - yes - many stairs in parking garage
    strength - no
    housework - yes
    procrastination list - no
    steps - 14692

I will do the reverse crunches today.
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you legs are a little better Hawkeyegal. Hope everyone else is ok too.

Goals today
    Started today with a great workout so feeling much happier with myself today.
    Cals, have finished the day just under although i had to guess my cals for dinner so not really sure.
    C25K - will move on to week 6 of the programme tomorrow. I have decided to sign up for the 'race for life' in July, which is a 5K run for charity. I did it a couple of years ago but I just walked the 5K that time, this time I hope to run it.

Mini-challenge - I plan to do the reverse crunches now.

See you all tomorrow :wink:
  • PennyChallenge
    Options
    I had a horrible day, feeling worse today. Maybe that means tomorrow I will be better. I didn't do much exercise today but did manage mini challenge and my kids joined in. Viewing was rough but so glad to see everyone that came out to show there respects. Deebear feeling better? Hawkeye I'm so proud of you! ELIMAY sometimes setting new goals and a fresh start is what we need. I try to switch my little goals once a month. I know you can do this! CLOVER your doing great keep pushing. Sammy good for you now you have something great to work towards. You can do it. Astaples welcome and you have great goals!

Goodnight All. My nyquil is kicking in and I'm giving in. Hugs
  • clover5
    Options
    Good morning ladies

Goal check:
    log calories - yes and in budget - no
    aerobic exercise - yes - bike ride
    strength - yes - arm work with dumbells
    housework - yes
    steps - 10994

Did do the reverse sit-ups. Elimay, I'm rooting for you. Good commitment Sammy. DeeBear and Penny take care of yourselves. Welcome Astaples, good goals.

Monday's mini challenge: 50 squats.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Goals are this week are to
    Stay at calorie goal
    Burn 1000 calories most days
    Focus more on me/house/procrastination list

Well i went over calorie goal but only because I burned just over 1000 calories.
    Today i got more done on my procrastination list !
  • clover5
    Options
    Good morning all

Goal check:
    log calories - yes - and in budget - over a little, out to dinner with husband :-)
    aerobic exercise - yes - walk dog
    strength - no
    housework - no - weekend
    steps - 10929
  • ice99706
    ice99706 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm up for this challenge...

I've lost 9# since I joined MFP and I want to keep up the momentum.

My goals:
    1. Stay under calorie goal
    2. Exercise at least 150 min a week
    3. More Veggies
    4. Train for C25k
    5. Log in everyday.

15036572.png
  • Jemma_02
    Jemma_02 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Sorry for going MIA on you all! I lost my confidence for a few weeks and felt really crummy and found keeping control of my plan really difficult. You all seem to be doing well! I'm setting myself some new goals for the rest of the month!

Log in every day no matter what! I have the app on my ipod now to stay on track!
    Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day (never leave home without a water bottle)
    Run 3 times a week and Jillian Michaels at least 3 times a week. (Starting tomorrow morning)
    Always stay within calories. Lean to say no!

Glad to be back! Oh what is the mini challenge?
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hey Jemma, we missed you. It is hard to keep the motivation going sometimes, I find that when it happens to me I still try to log on and the support on here helps me get going again. The next mini-challenge is 50 squats on Monday (thanks Clover, I can do them!).

Welcome ice99706, you have some great goals. Have you already started the C25K? If so, which week are you up to?

I have been doubly determined today: cals have remained under with a deficit of around 500, I had a good workout on the Wii, a 30 minute walk, C25K week 6 day 1 and 400 crunches. Tomorrow I know won't be so good as it is one of my long days at work, but my lunch is already packed, so I plan to keep it healthy just won't have time to workout.

Lstnlondry and Clover - I have always kept a written list of things to do, but now I've given it a new heading 'Procrastination List'. The things on it don't get done any quicker but it makes me smile and I think of you 2 when I look at it!

Here's to the start of a great new week for us all, Sam x
  • PennyChallenge
    Options
    Still green over here ;0/ but hey that can only mean I'm one day closer to feeling better! I will be starting week 7 of the C25K I can't believe it ;0)

Welcome Ice! Jenna glad you're back!

Going to bed early to fight this miserable cold that is attempting to suck the life right out of Mr!
  • hawkeyegal1995
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Quick update:

I have been making an effort to cook more over the past few days but stayed in the green on my calories. Have left overs for a couple of more days to get through.

Gotten in a better routine of doing some strength training at the end of my cardio work outs. Bike is still in the shop so the weekend was spent on the ellptical and outside for walks. I did try and do day 1 of the C25K and my legs handled it pretty well. Will see if I can keep this up as my schedule allows. I think that has been part of my problem...doing too much (still scared of days off).

I am on the road again today and feeling rather blah so hopefully it is just a Monday thing and I am not coming down with something!

Hope everyone has a great day! Keep up the awesome work on all of your goals!
  • clover5
    Options
    Good morning.

I had a sedentary day yesterday. Don't like that. Today is a new day to start over again, and GET BUSY! Hope you all have a happy Monday. Penny, take care of yourself, this too will pass.

Mimi challenge today is 50 squats.
  • Jemma_02
    Jemma_02 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Hope everyone has had a great Monday! Stayed on track with all my goals today :) didn't manage the squats I will either do them before bed or tomorrow!

Thanks for all the support! I've had such a busy day so I'm off to bed with my book. x
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Goals are this week are to
    Stay at calorie goal
    Burn 1000 calories most days
    Focus more on me/house/procrastination list

Well my day got off to a good start (well after 2 hours of trying to kick my sons out the door to help their Grandpa!) I had a nice hike and have eaten good so far. I must admit, I feel like eating big now! Stay tuned & pray I don't go over calories.
    No work on my procrastination list.
  • elimay59
    elimay59 Posts: 471
    Options
    Hello girls!!!!!!! welcome new ones :smile:

I walked the lake with my hubby today its 3.5/8 miles it felt good my excersize and eating has not been very good but I am never going to give up.. I have been very busy so I am trying to get into a regular routine.

Everyone is doing well Penny please feel better soon :flowerforyou:

Have a great monday everyone !!!!!!!!

1 excersize 20 mins yes 60 : >
    2. under calories yes
    3. check in on here no matter what. yes These are my new goals
  • hawkeyegal1995
    Options
    Morning!

Bombed yesterday on calories.....my work day ended up running 12 hours so I had lunch and supper in the car. Oh well it had to be done and today is a new day!

On a happy note, my weight has been in the 158-159 range for the past week so I am in the single digits to my goal! Of course then I need to step up the toning as all of the tummy flab is staring me in the face every morning!

Got the squats in the morning-don't go very low with my knee problems but I do them on the bosu so they are a bit more challenging that way.

How about tri dips for tomorrow? Maybe 20 of them (I have to do 100 for another challenge this week so adding more won't hurt any :wink: )

Hope everyone is feeling 100% today and good luck on the goals!
  • PennyChallenge
    Options
    Oh I'm finally getting some relief. Thank you all for your well wishes! I am one pound away from 30 and I can't wait. I feel great and already look forward to the next 30 ;0)

Clover - keep pushing. Today is not yesterday and tomorrow is not today. Always a freash start!

Hawkeye - you are doing fantastic. I can not imagine how sore you must be. Awesome about the single digits!

Elimay - love your new goals. You are a fighter and I believe in you, keep striving for those mini goals!

I did my 50 squats and will do dips tomorrow thanks hawkeye!

My new goals :
    1. Keep completing 5K training

2. 45 minutes of cardio daily 6x week

3. Water 8 daily ( still about one short a day ;0( )

4. 40 pounds by the end of March!

I just wanted to say this group has seen people come and go but the foundation never fails and its because of you specail ladies that I have made it so far. Your support means the world to me! Thanks again!
  • clover5
    Options
    Good morning

Goal check:
    log calories and in budget - yes
    aerobic exercise - no
    strength - yes
    housework - no
    procrastination list - yes - pantry door
    steps - 7054

Got those squats done. Tri dips will be good. Thanks Hawkeye.