Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How bad did you used to be?

Basically how bad did you used to be with food as in did u ever eat a whole bag of ruffles, a triple whopper and a bunch of nachos in like one sitting? lol

I didn't used to be too bad but whenever I'd go to taco bell i'd get like 3 chalupas (along with the big chalupa when they had it), nachos, a big pop, 2 soft or hard shell, a cheesy gordita crunch and probably another taco of some sort lol. When I was a lot younger I used to drink 2 pepsi's a day, I've eaten a whole bag of chips before by myself in one day, the list goes on lol.

Replies

• zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    i would stand at the cupboard / fridge because i wanted something but didnt know what. so i would just eat different stuff until the craving was fulfilled.
  • I've been really bad in the past! I used to eat a whole frozen pizza, I could easily down a bag of chips. When I would go to pizza inn, i wouldn't stop eating! I would eat a bunch of ice cream etc. The list goes on for me too!

I think the worst thing i've done was order a large pizza and eat the whole box just because i had the money to. Of course I ate it throughout the day and not all at once but still, horrible life choices haha.
  • DJParrish01
    DJParrish01 Posts: 38 Member
    My "bad" was drinking 4 Coca-Colas a day. Two 20 ounce bottles and 2 cans. Do ya'll realize how many extra calories that was a DAY!!!??!? Jeez...

240+240+140+140=760 extra calories a day!!! I had to stop!
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    way too much fast food, typical meal would be a quarter pounder meal large size and a double cheeseburger,. 4-5 cans of pop each day ect. combine the bad eating habits with an inactive lifestyle and that made me fat
  • TriforceRaven
    TriforceRaven Posts: 115 Member
    I was eating 500 some days, 1500-2000 the next! Averaging around 1600 a day! :noway:
  • EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    Hello. Hi.

May I order double cheeseburger meal with root beer AND
    2 double cheeseburgers
    and 2 junior chicken please AND also please rolo icecream. Thanks alot. Debit please.

Edit: i dont even... want to think how many calories was that. that was my dinner meal when i was 250lbs.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    I could eat 3000-4500 calories a day without thinking! One day when I started logging my food, I put in all the food I used to eat (chips, cookies, mcdonalds) and it was double what I should be eating. I had no CLUE about portion sizes. I'd eat a sleeve of oreos instead of two.
  • Unfortunately, I have been a binge eater for most of my adult life. It is considered an eating disorder according the DSM IV! I would eat a bag of chips in a day or a whole thing of cookies, etc.... It's hard but I'm now dealing with it so that I can overcome it and move on!
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    I love those combos pretzel things.

I would get a bag (size two hands maybe?) and eat the whole thing in one sitting. Like 900 calories! Then eat my normal foods. No restrictions.

Now that I eat whole foods, I ALWAYS notice the combos bag in the isle. They now come twice as big! Like 2.50 for the bag too, I always want them, but so far haven't bought them.

Can't trust to have them inhouse.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    I was able to eat free at the Heart Attack Grill. That says it all. I never met a plate I couldn't clean. Actually I feel like a eat way more food now, but it's much healthier and somedays I can't eat it all especially when I have big burns. Thank God for MFP, it's saving my life!
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    I would drink 88+ ounces of coke a day. I would also eat a whole pizza or a half a pan of macaroni and cheese and then not eat again for two days.

Giving up junk food was easy compared to forcing myself to eat on a sane schedule.
  • gleechick609
    gleechick609 Posts: 544 Member
    I could eat 6 tacos and a chicken burrito from taco bell in one sitting. Not to mention, an entire large pizza by myself!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    When I was a lot younger, I could eat two Whoppers in a row. But that was when I was about 13 or so, and running cross-country, doing martial arts, and various other things. I couldn't even eat one at all now, haha.
  • I only say this now, because I know I will never do it again. Every time, usually once a week or so, that I would go to my bank I would stop at the Arby's next door and buy 5 Arby's melts with cheddar cheese and a large soda. I would eat them ALL on the way to get my son from school. By the time I got there, about 30 minutes, they were gone. Now, since January 1st there is no Arby's allowed in my life. Because I know I can not stop at one.
  • JamesThiel
    JamesThiel Posts: 85 Member
    I could pull off a 6 pack of pepsi a day.... bag 'o chips and sour cream and onion dip...
  • I've been really bad in the past! I used to eat a whole frozen pizza, I could easily down a bag of chips. When I would go to pizza inn, i wouldn't stop eating! I would eat a bunch of ice cream etc. The list goes on for me too!

I think the worst thing i've done was order a large pizza and eat the whole box just because i had the money to. Of course I ate it throughout the day and not all at once but still, horrible life choices haha.
    I have to add to that list Oreos!!
  • Im a sucker for biscuits. I could polish a whole packet off in one sitting and then look down and wonder where it all went! I could easily eat a bad of chips with dip. I would eat a large combo at Maccas (usually quarter pounder) and also ask for 2 extra cheeseburgers for the ride home.

I could never eat a whole pizza though but I often did try! Had a habit of having pancakes for breakfast, KFC for lunch and then I would feel lazy and not feel like cooking dinner so would go and have fish and chips or chinese.

I've always been a binge emotional eater but MFP is definitely helping me along with that!
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    I don't bring chips or cookies into the house anymore. Sadly, I also can't buy saltines because I could easily take down an entire sleeve, even with nothing on them!
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    mine was never quantity..now ranch dressing..yummo
  • Everything and anything! 2 Fridays ago I ate 8000 calories, and it was one of my good binges, cause I even stopped myself lots of times. Before that I never counted calories so I have no clue, but I can honestly say probably 20,000 calories I would of consumed somedays. It's absolutely disgusting, and I feel totally out of control when I'm like that! It's insane, so, so far this calorie counting is helping lol :)