Women with chin length hair, what do you do

Options

Replies

• myklia
    myklia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am chin length but my hair is just long enough to pull into a small ponytail. Otherwise I have done the pigtails when it wasn't long enough for one ponytail. I like the cap idea. As for working out, I don't really care how I look as long as I am comfortable enough to do what I need to do. I can make myself look all pretty again after I showered.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I have extremely baby fine, chin length, layered hair, and a strange shaped head. whole round head bands slip off the back of my head. I use clamp like clips at the top of my head and at the top of my neck, and a 1/2 head band to keep the bangs out of my eyes.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I really love short hair thanks ladies.
  • 57rainbows
    57rainbows Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Definitely thought this thread was about "women with chin hair" at first. Anyways....

Two little pigtails with clips along the sides. French braid. Rolling it along the sides then joining in pigtails (helps catch the little hairs along the side). Just pinning all of it back and away so your hair is loose in the back but pinned along the top and sides - start with a half-updo pinned and then keep pinning more pieces along the sides until it's all secure.
  • hexrei
    hexrei Posts: 163
    Options
    Shave your head and make a wig out of the hair. Then, you can just take it on and off when you work out.
  • RedandBlonde
    RedandBlonde Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My hair is about chin length at it's longest part and I also swear by sweatybands. I was skeptical when I first got them as I am yet to find anything that stays on my head but they truly do. Did a 1hr BodyAttack class today and it didn't budge once. Love them!
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hah, I've done pretty much all of these things at one point or another.

When I was playing rugby, I put my hair in two tiny pigtails, one on each side of my head. In part because I couldn't be arsed to fuss with it much more than that, in part because I was afraid of what would happen if I got tackled with clips in my hair, and in part because I looked ridiculous and it was a good distraction before I took out the opposing team. ;)

Now, if my hair is long enough, I do a half ponytail at the back, coupled with a lululemon sticky headband. If it's not long enough, I just do the lulu headband, plus a quadrillion of those little barrettes that someone posted a photo of earlier in the thread.
  • figurekat
    figurekat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Most days I wear a ballcap by nike made to wick sweat.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    i put a hair band on! keeps hair away from my face. or a headband to soak up the sweat!
  • Pamela259
    Pamela259 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    its all about the pigtails here ....lol i love em and i dont care that im 25 hehehe
  • 123Kate
    123Kate Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the answers. I think I need to invest in a sweatband. I love the look of the sweatybands.com ones but phwoar, international shipping makes it veeerrrrryyyyy expensive lol. Will have to just get a sweatband from the local sports shop

Or if anybody from New Zealand know where to get sweatbands similar to the sweatybands ones, i would be keen to hear from you!
  • huracan_mery
    huracan_mery Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When I had short hair I was all about the bandanna over my hair. Or the wide headbands we used all the time in the 90s.
  • theonly1iknow
    theonly1iknow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    <
    cheapo wide fabrics headbands from primark, and a few kirby grips to hold it in place. This one stayed in for the 7 hours it took me to do the London marathon last year!!
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    Love this look. But I can't do it. I even tried to learn watching a video on youtube. No luck :(
    My new favorite thing is to french braid the "bangs" or front of my hair like a headband. LOVE THIS- it will last thru 2 back to back Zumba classes!!!!
  • Christen7989
    Options
    sweatybands.com They stay in place!
  • Marikkkkkkkk
    Options
    Please stop using the word retarded.m it's hurtful to a whole population of people that cannot even defend themselves. Be kind and try to stop tossing that word around carelessly. Thx
  • krcbdavis
    krcbdavis Posts: 1
    Options
    The best non slip headbands I've found are Banded 2gether, they are amazing and don't hurt my head either!!
  • emmaxbon
    emmaxbon Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Shave your head and make a wig out of the hair. Then, you can just take it on and off when you work out.

Lol. I would love this.

I do a ponytail and a cheapie kids fabric hairband which seems to work.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    Pig tails or you could do a double pony tail (as in do a half pony tail above your ears and then put in a second one at the base of your head, catching the tail of the other.. Supplement with a stretchy headband for the fly aways.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    When I had short hair I was all about the bandanna over my hair. Or the wide headbands we used all the time in the 90s.

The nice thing about this is if you're exercising outside and it's HOT you could soak it in cool water first. It will help keep you cooler too.