How bad did you used to be?

Options

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I used to eat a whopper with cheese with a regular coke for lunch and then eat maybe another 1000 calories for dinner.
  • kathyc609
    kathyc609 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I would go to the bakery to buy a birthday cake just to eat the icing.
  • StellerBanana
    StellerBanana Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I used to be really really really bad. Drinking coke everyday, drinking it like water, I have cut back a lot but i still have a coke here and there.

I used to eat until i was super full and couldn't move and then 10 mins later i would eat again. Fast food, anything really.

Even though i crave mcdonalds or any type of fast food... I just go eat an apple or any fruit!
  • _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I didn't get to 400+ lbs from being good!! Lol
  • JamieDD
    JamieDD Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Back in the 70's I had a Dr. Pepper habit that was huge. It use to come in 16 oz glass bottles and I would drink 2 6-packs a day...sometimes more.

Tortilla Chips are my big down fall...a whole bag and a container of pica de gallo could be gone in about a 1/2 hour. Tim's Sea Salt & Vinager chips..a whole bag at a time. I don't really have a sweet tooth...I like crunchy and salty.

And then there was Skippers all you can eat Fish & Chips...10 pieces of fish But hey I only had a few chips and only 1 cup of the clam chowder. lol

I think my biggest feat of eating was at the Chewelah Casnio All you can eat Seafood Buffet. 12 king crab legs (and they were big ones), salmon, shrimp, steamer clams, salad and a few other things....I thought my hubby was going to have to cart me out of there in a wheel barrow. :embarassed:
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I would go to the bakery to buy a birthday cake just to eat the icing.

Hah. How come I never thought of that.

I would eat a footlong from subway with chipotle, double meat (chicken at least), pepperjack. This was the healthier option.
    On unhealthy days I'd eat maybe 5 spicy chicken from Carl's Jr. or a full Turkey Burger special with an Extra-Large Horchata from Tom's or a Spicy Chicken combo from Jacks with an extra 2 chicken sandwiches, or one of those Mega Macho Burritos (forgot the name) from Del Taco. Then later on I'd eat a whole bag of mini pretzel bites, and a Love It ice cream from Coldstone.

This was 60 pounds ago =P
  • clkuchtyn
    clkuchtyn Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Laceypalooza
    Options
    Gosh, where do I begin?
    I used to drink pop from the moment i woke up til i went to sleep (that was around 7 years ago) and then when I gave up pop....
    ...I found energy drinks! Oh good lord, I used to drink 2-3 a day! A DAY. That was SOOOO bad for me, I can't believe I did that.
    My mom would buy cookies, pizza rolls, hot pockets, chips, ramen noodles, all the junk you could think of. I mean, she still does, but I can actually buy my own food now that I work.
    Also, I come from a family that LOVES pasta (my favorite is macaroni and cheese) and we ate pasta for dinner every night. And I never went outside when i was a kid because I was attached to the tv like no other.
    But I've chosen a healthier lifestyle, and I could never go back to that.
  • foramanwhohashope
    foramanwhohashope Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Two double quarter pounders with extra cheese, large fries, a large mcflurry, then go to taco bell for a quadsteak...

now i can barely finish a plate of healthy food. :)
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    At one stage, I had eaten dinner, and got hungry later in the night, so I ordered an entire domino's pizza AND a garlic bread AND 1.25l coke
    And I ate and drink it all.
  • FoxyPhoenixRising
    FoxyPhoenixRising Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I was very bad. A Taco Bell trip would consist of a chili cheese burrito with sour cream, a meximelt with sour cream, an enchirito with extra cheese, and a mexican pizza with extra meat, extra cheese and sour cream, all washed down with a giant fruit punch. TGIF? An order of tostado nachos (all to myself) AND a brownie obsession. Can you imagine my face when I started cal counting and found out how many cals that is? It's like 2700+ cals! And that would be just one meal of the day!
    I would eat whole pots of mac and cheese by myself. One time I even had another pasta dish on the stove cooking while I devoured the mac and cheese, and then proceeded to polish off the noodles Stroganoff right after. I've always had an over-developed appetite.
    As a kid the adults would look at each other, shake their heads and say, "where does she put it all?" I was born severely premature, and now since I work with newborns I know how prematurity can affect their ability to eat. But not me. My mother tells stories of me sitting there as a baby sucking baby food through an infa-feeder (basically a bottle nipple with a large hole). To this day she tells everyone how I would SSSSLLLLUUUUURRRRPPPP the food so loud she's say to me, "slow down, chile, it ain't goin nowhere." Lol!

I still eat like that, sometimes. Just check out my diary. It's definitely a struggle for me. Prior to having kids I was fortunate to be the kind of person who could eat like a glutton and still have a rockin' figure. But that's just a bit different now. ok, a LOT different. (smh).

I'm getting better. But old habits die hard, so it's definitely a battle for me.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    This is kind of a fun topic. Let's see.... I went through a period where I made multiple trips to the kitchen each night to grab whatever random food I had, on repeat. I ate slices of bread with peanut butter, spoonfuls of peanut butter till at least half the jar was gone, sweet cereal straight out of the box, nutella, turkey and bread to balance out the sweet stuff....and oh gosh I'd wake up so swollen the next day! This would all be in one night, by the way.

Oh and there was the halloween night where I gained 10 lbs in one evening and it took me 3 months to get rid of it. Now that was epic.
  • thop123
    thop123 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'd eat a whole oreo tray in a day, most of it in a sitting. I could also eat an entire large bag of m&ms. Pretty much everything :)
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I remember once, when I was in high school I would polish off half a box of Oreos during my TOM. That was seriously no excuse, EW haha.
    Girl scout cookies used to be the death of me. Now I can't even stomach them. It's wonderful :love:
  • BlooQKazoo
    Options
    I could eat an entire pizza in one sitting. I'd wash it down with Diet Coke, of course, because who needs all those extra calories? ;) I'm sure I still could eat an entire pizza; I just know better now. Haha!
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Use to eat a whole large pizza to myself (though I can still do this...) :P had a full bag of hot cheetohs! Would go through half a litter of soda a day... a whole ben and jerrys ice cream... this list sounds still amazing to me, but I know the guilt I'd feel if I consumed these in the same day
  • swellen
    swellen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    KFC 2-piece feed (with gravy instead of potato and gravy) for lunch - 932 calories
    4 slices of cheese pizza for dinner - about 970 calories
    4 Tim Tams after dinner - 620 calories

Okay, this didn't always happen but it certainly happened more than once! ~2500 calories, and that doesn't include breakfast or any other snacks during the day. Ick.
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Let's see- an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's in one sitting. When I lived in Beijing, I'd order a medium pizza and breadsticks from Papa John's (they were close, they delivered & understood English), only 1/2 the pizza would make into the fridge for the next day. I have a problem with emotional eating and bored eating.

I wasn't always good to myself, and I still struggle with that. Not just food, either. My friends got back tonight from their long weekend away, and they offered me some B&J that they'd bought, I just said no. It's a start!
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I was reading this thread but it's making me too hungry so I have to stop! :explode:
  • TheNewDoug
    Options
    Pretty much just eating till I was sick to my stomach every meal. Knowing I was full but eating more. I wasn't a sweets person, I loved real food and lots of it. Now, I am rarely hungry and always have calories to eat if I am. I would also drink at least a 2 liter of Pepsi everyday. I have switched to diet and am slowly turning that to just water.