Friend Request denials.

Options

Replies

• DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I keep my friends list to a strict 100. Whenever we get to 101, myself and the other 99 get together in tribal-council style and vote whomever out of the alliance.
    (the new member gets one weeks worth of immunity)
  • mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    My favourite friend request denial was 'get lost $hitbrick' ... nice
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even worry bout but I am interested in knowing why u requested them, something they said or just randomly by their pic?? And glad ur my friend BTW......:)
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I don't FR either, they do me, I always accept then delete later IF needed, otherwise love them all........
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Don't take it personally, I think some people just have a lot of friends already and can't support any more.

THIS

and I keep telling myself "don't accept anymore, don't do it!" but I do anyway LOL
  • shenitamo
    shenitamo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You guys are all cracking me up. I was on this site forever before sending a FR...and still don't do it that often, but I don't think I have ever denied one. I agree with the "de-friend them if they get weird" comments.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I try to keep my friend list small, so for me it is usually only because we seem not to have many goals in common. I also typically delete my friends who are ALWAYS negative, or are eating too low of calories. Women who add me that clearly have a disorder won't be accepted. Been there, done that, don't need the unhealthy triggers. Also, if I do accept someone, and they never give support or we don't communicate with each other, I also delete them.

I seem so hard to please, lol. But honestly, this is not an easy journey and I have learned that having 75+ friends and negativity floating around really does not help me at all- nor can I be as supportive as I would like.
    there missing out cause you are an AWESOME friend!

Thanks andy, you are awesome!
  • cuddlyrunner
    cuddlyrunner Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I accept everyone!! :-) I like to see how people's days are going. If someone requests it is only polite to accept-Unless they are weird.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I accept everyone!! :-) I like to see how people's days are going. If someone requests it is only polite to accept-Unless they are weird.
    Weird people are my favorite.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get many from this thread. :laugh:
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options
    you lost me at "will you be my friend?"
  • gibbyup
    Options
    I deny almost all friend requests because I am a weirdo and very shy. It has nothing to do with the requesters and everything to do with me. I'm the Boo Radley of MFP.

I can sooo relate to you!
  • cuddlyrunner
    cuddlyrunner Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I guess the sarcasm didn't work :-). In all seriousness are you all good at keeping in touch with your map friends daily ? I am bad at it .
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options

I didn't know you could send a reply when you deny a FR. This just added a new level of entertainment for me...
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

I didn't know you could send a reply when you deny a FR. This just added a new level of entertainment for me...
    You just send them a message.
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I warned them about your potty mouth.

But seriously though, certain keywords cause your friend request to not get sent. One example would be profanity. If you say **** or ****, in the friend request, the other person will never get it.

is this true for messages as well?
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    If you log in regularly feel free to add me:) I love having a ton of supportive dedicated people on my newsfeed!
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    Maybe they denied you because they're against Roller Derby?
  • Keegansmum6
    Keegansmum6 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I will be your friend! I'm kinda boring though =)
  • Sanduni
    Options
    think im in the same boat too! would love to get some FR's :)