Greek Yogurt: How do you like it?

Options

Replies

• PixelTreason
    PixelTreason Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Chobani plain greek yogurt with a tbsp of cinnamon and sliced up honeycrisp apples.

HEAVEN!
  • swood0114
    Options
    OMG how have I not thought of that. Hello snack tomorrow afternoon!
  • FittingIn
    FittingIn Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it. Chobani is my favorite. I especially like the Black Cherry, Blueberry, Pineapple and Pomegranate ones. Oikos Raspberry is good too. I once had an impromptu conversation about Greek yogurt at Wally World with another shopper. He told me he thinks the Oikos Vanilla tastes like frosting. He's right.

Greek yogurt s my favorite healthy treat.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I actually love the bitter taste that plain Greek yogurt has. But I'm an oddball that way.
  • BLSBoyer
    BLSBoyer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I found Chobani to be the best for me... I make mine using Cascadian Farms Organic French Vanilla Almond Granola Cereal (just 1/4 cup or less), a drizzle of honey and several blueberries... The greek yogurt definitely took some time to acquire the taste for it! However, now I love it :)

17816880.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I do not buy flavored yogurt. I eat it plain, love the sour flavor. I cook with it, bake with it or may add protein or frozen berries to it at best.

Me too. I hate over-sweetened yogurts.
  • DrNicoleRed
    DrNicoleRed Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    So today I decided to buy Oikos Greek Plain Yogurt to try.

I did not like it plain, that was so gross. I put pureed fresh raspberries in it with a packet of Truvia and found that I liked it that way. But it still needs something.

So I wanted to know how you like it?

I don't like the Oikos yogurt at all, even the flavored kind. Fage and Chobani are my two favorite Greek yogurts.

Ditto. Definitely wide variation on the brands. I too prefer Fage and Chobani. Also have enjoyed Liberte' and Greek Gods and Trader Joe's brand. Would agree that getting a plain or plainish (honey, vanilla) yogurt and adding your own fruit will increase the fiber, and adding your own sweetener will allow you to control the sugar content…vs. getting pre-mixed flavors. And of course some of the other add ins (protein powder, nuts, granola) can definitely add flavor/protein/sweetness as needed.

Also agree re: substitute for sour cream. The lightly sweetened (honey/vanilla flavors) are good on sweet potatoes.
  • peppsol
    peppsol Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that. Never thought of adding the chat masala. Going to try it today!:happy:
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I use Liberte 0% and love it! Their flavoured ones are really good but I don't like how much sugar is in them, and I don't like plain yogurt. So I mix the the 2, I use just a little bit of vanilla flavoured and mix it with plain and add 1/2 cup of blueberries. So yummy and not too sweet but not too tart.

I do like plain as a sour cream replacement and love tzatziki.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Another of my favorites is the Cabot Greek 10% plain with a 1:1 salsa ratio and eaten with pork bacon. I do that with eggs sometimes for my first meal.
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    I like ANY Greek yogurt! It is so good. The first time I had it I had Peach Chobani Greek yogurt that had expired a month earlier but it was still good! lol

P.S.- I didn't bother to look at the expiration date until after I ate it. I had won it at a Weight Watchers meeting.... I figured it was in date! lol
  • CSummers316
    Options
    I recently bought the yocrunch greek yogurt fruit and granola parfaits. Not too shabby really. I enjoy them as a snack
  • deniserenee_02
    deniserenee_02 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Greek Gods Honey flavor is the best!!!!!
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Greek Gods Honey flavor is the best!!!!!

I would definatley have to agree on this one. :smile:
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    with cinnamon and pecans or walnuts and I love it!

I eat vanilla, peach, or blueberry usually and add cinnamon and nuts. Sometimes I add granola instead. I like to have a little crunch in with the yogurt.

Chobani has been my favorite brand. I like Nostimo a lot too. Oikos was just ok. I haven't tried Fage but I want to.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Had Apple Cinnamon Chobani today for the first time....puuuure heaveeeen......*drools* :tongue:
  • pasawyer
    pasawyer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I put fresh fruit in mine. I'll add it to my morning protein shake.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Plain mixed with hidden valley ranch dip mix for my veggies.

13 cal a TBSP.

Mmmm.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I buy Fage 0% Fat Greek Yogurt and add a table spoon of Whole Foods 365 Fruit Spread and sometimes blueberries/strawberries/fruit
  • Chobani is far superior, lol. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Pineapple Chobani!