Question for all ladies that go to night clubs with their fr

Options

Replies

• JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Primarily for their friends, I'd say, but single girls also aren't *opposed* to meeting guys. It just has to feel right, and happen right. You don't want someone who tries too hard to dance with you because there can be no mistaking what he's trying to achieve (you know what I mean). But if you happen to click with someone, and you have fun with him, that's a great feeling.

Of course, how much do you really end up having in common with randoms at a club?
  • mimi10453
    mimi10453 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    No...Women get dressed up for other women LOL
  • tiffanyvc
    Options
    Yep, I get dressed up for myself when I go out. Because it's fun. Definitely not to pick up guys. (Well, I'm married now, but before...nope, definitely not to pick up guys.)
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    one hilarious thing that happened... i mean my wife and i died laughing... this one guy was drunk and got in the middle of two girls... i think he tried to give a girl a high 5 but instead popped her in the head lololol...

but then there was another guy that was nice but got shot down... obviously i dont know each situation but it just seems as the setting is a bad place... maybe a bar would have been different
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    usually theres no shot because the guys go there to get lucky and hook up with girls and the girls dancing with their friends just wanna dance. Lol my friends and I only would talk to the guys who's buying us drinks then just ignore him after. I know, kinda mean but oh well
  • CherryPie606
    CherryPie606 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Before we all got married and started popping out sprogs, my friends and I would go to clubs to dance just with each other. Your observations are so how we were. Any guy tried to dance with us and we'd just turn the other way. If he kept on he may even have got an elbow on the ribs! Such a turn off when men think they can just join in. I always hated it and remember my friends mouthing "help" when it happened to them too. Sorry, I just think its a really bad idea trying it on with women in clubs
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    usually girls go to the club to dance/have fun with their girlfriends.

agreed.

but in my experience, i would be more inclined to at least dance for one song with the guy who approaches face to face and starts with an opening line ("what's your name?", "wanna dance?" nothing groundbreaking!) rather than the sneak behind grind! also, that way you can at least see the face of the person.

my girlfriends and i always had an unwritten code that if the guy approached from behind it was necessary to rescue. not cool guys! not cool! :noway:

oh... how i don't miss "clubbin" lol :drinker:
  • wannagofast27
    Options
    Guys who go to clubs and bars to meet women are only looking for one thing. Granted there are women there only looking for that same thing, but not all. Hook ups from bars are not typically relationship material. Let's all be honest...
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I have a boyfriend and just go out to have fun with my friends or with him. Even if I were single, I go out to have fun with my friends, so unless I was really into the guy, I probably would just be all about having the night with my friends, since that's what we planned. Sometimes guys do come up to me and say 'Hey, I think you're really cute', but as long as they're not creepy about it, I just politely tell them I have a boyfriend.

If you try and grind against my butt or any of that invasive, pervy **** though, it's a different story. I like to wear heels out and I will not think twice about stepping on delicate areas with them if you invade my personal space like that.
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    This just happened to us on Friday.... we dance with eachother but if a guy is going to come up to one of us, we put him in the middle, and he better bring his dancing shoes. lol
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    This is why I only hang out with men...
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    there are SO many sleazy and arrogant guys in clubs, i tend to only dance with someone if i think he's attractive and he doesn't try to force himself on me or act like he's too good for me.
    the clubs around here have a lot of older guys who always try to cop a feel from students and it makes me feel sick.
    also, i tend to go out with my friends to have fun, i rarely go out to hook up, and if i do then i tend to make the first move.
    She nailed it.

Ten years of tending bar in nightclubs verifies her statements to be true. Guys trying to separate a girl from the protection of the pack through physical advances (even dancing) will usually get shut off. A guy that displays some manners and introduces himself has a chance to meet the girl, maybe buy her a drink, maybe even get a phone number... Even something as simple as asking "Would you lke to dance with me?" has a better shot than running up and grinding all over her.

In any event, he's very, very rarely cutting her from the herd and taking her home unelss that's exactly what she wants. A girl that is in the bar to connect with someone for the night knows what she's after, and is usually pretty direct in choosing a guy. That girl doesn't duck back into the group for protection - if she's with a group at all.

Yes, the girls go out looking good for themselves and their friends. That doesn't mean that they haven't put themselves on display to gain the attention of the guys, though. It just comes down to what the girl is wanting and, to a much lesser extent, the guy's method of approach.
  • lshafik
    Options
    Maybe this is different in Gay Bars/Clubs.

I just dance with everyone but not in a seedy way....

...to be fair if you know any britney routines or steps (UK reference) then you are all dancing to the same thing.

Personally I do get dressed up so i feel GOOD in myself but I LOVE that now I have lost weight people notice more...although I do just wear jeans, a blazer and some flat 'tramp' boots but I wear fake eyelashes and do my hair nice and pop bright red lippy on when I can!
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    'I'll talk to anyone. I'm super nice. But as soon as your penis touches my *kitten* without me knowing, I'm not happy.' - Jenna Marbles
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Definitely the uninvited grinding is not cool. I much prefer if a guy actually asks me to dance - I will usually dance with anyone who asks unless they are super creepy -- however, just because i dance with you doesn't mean i'm going home with you.

This.

I will dance if you ask, most of the time.. unless you're being pervy or a creeper. But honestly, I'm hardly ever asked. It usually occurs where I'll be dancing and just feel a guy on me suddenly. If it's the grinding crap, yuck! I will grab my friend and walk away. If the guy is cute and friendly, I'll gravitate towards him and dance.

This is why I actually like going to salsa clubs. Guys there ASK. It's so old fashioned and I love it.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    This just happened to us on Friday.... we dance with eachother but if a guy is going to come up to one of us, we put him in the middle, and he better bring his dancing shoes. lol

Put down the sombrero and let me loose!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I just don't cotton to the grinding. Now, that is even speaking from a culture where that is acceptable, but I dunno...I still don't feel comfortable with it. Any other kind of dancing, have at it. I'm all yours :)
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you're looking for. If all you're after is sex, sure, there's probably at least one woman in the place who lacks self-esteem and is willing to let you use her for the night. Any approach will work on her. But the rest of the women are truly just there to have a good time with their friends, and if you want the attention of one of those women, be polite and respectful. Talk to her. Treat her like she's not just some random girl who might be willing to go home with you later. Make her feel like you chose her, out of all the other women in the place, for a reason.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    there are SO many sleazy and arrogant guys in clubs, i tend to only dance with someone if i think he's attractive and he doesn't try to force himself on me or act like he's too good for me.
    the clubs around here have a lot of older guys who always try to cop a feel from students and it makes me feel sick.
    also, i tend to go out with my friends to have fun, i rarely go out to hook up, and if i do then i tend to make the first move.
    She nailed it.

Ten years of tending bar in nightclubs verifies her statements to be true. Guys trying to separate a girl from the protection of the pack through physical advances (even dancing) will usually get shut off. A guy that displays some manners and introduces himself has a chance to meet the girl, maybe buy her a drink, maybe even get a phone number... Even something as simple as asking "Would you lke to dance with me?" has a better shot than running up and grinding all over her.

In any event, he's very, very rarely cutting her from the herd and taking her home unelss that's exactly what she wants. A girl that is in the bar to connect with someone for the night knows what she's after, and is usually pretty direct in choosing a guy. That girl doesn't duck back into the group for protection - if she's with a group at all.

Yes, the girls go out looking good for themselves and their friends. That doesn't mean that they haven't put themselves on display to gain the attention of the guys, though. It just comes down to what the girl is wanting and, to a much lesser extent, the guy's method of approach.

I think these two nailed it!
  • MissVCI
    MissVCI Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    That's why I stopped going to clubs.

Only the creepers would try to try to dance with me and my girls, and if I saw an attractive guy he normally stayed with his crew.

The last time I went to a club was when this creeper came up behind me tried to dance with me, I politely moved away , he grabbed my wrist and told me "It's not hard yet."

The audacity of some men. ewww.